music II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:40 am

Tender_Lumpling wrote:Can I join Musically Challenged? I have the Labyrinth soundtrack..
You remind me of a babe ...

Sefi x

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:52 pm

Viper wrote:Are you talking about me, there? I mean, Chiquitita sure sounds like something I'd sing over and over and drive everyone mad (I love the bit "you're enslaved by your own sorrow"!), but good? Ahahahaaaaaa!
I LOVE Abba (hence seeing Bjorn again (husband!) every year pretty much)! I love that line too. Their songs are often so tragic which makes them all the better to me.

Karaoke meet!!! :D
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tinkerbell2 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Anyone have Panic! at the Disco's new album?

It's amazing!

Favourite is When The Day Met The Night. And Folkin' Around. And I Have Friends In Holy Spaces. And Pas De Cheval.

It's all good.

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:59 pm

Can I join Musically Challenged? I have the Labyrinth soundtrack. I also have the Underground and As the World Falls Down music videos on my iPod. Yep. I rock.
Tender! How you been, G? And 'course you can join MC. Just stand up in the circle and admit to the musical travesties you love.

On my Ipod I've got Magic Dance (personally I prefer the line: slap that baby, make him pee, even though it probably doesn't say that), Home At Last, Hallucination, Underground, Underground extended, As The World Falls Down and Within You.

But my musical travesties don't stop there. There's also bits from Fright Night, that song from the nightclub in Terminator, stuff by Pat Benatar (we belong, we belong together!), The Safety Dance (fault of Sef, since I'd forgotten the song existed before she reminded me), Hungry Like The Wolf (of course!), ABBA's greatest hits, Tina Turner's greatest hits, that song from Karate Kid...oh, the list goes on and on...

So come on, Tender. Your turn to spill. And anyone else in here who isn't ashamed of their cheesy music love.
I LOVE Abba (hence seeing Bjorn again (husband!) every year pretty much)! I love that line too. Their songs are often so tragic which makes them all the better to me.
That's it, Beast! Testify to your love of bad music! Although is ABBA really all that bad? It's bad to think they're lyrics are great, I'm sure. And which I totally do.
Karaoke meet!!!
You've heard the kinds of songs I like. Do you really think it's a good idea to tempt hell like that?
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:03 pm

I don't see any of it as hell. I love it and I'm proud! Cheese is my favourite genre. Although I even resent calling it 'cheese' since to me it usually isn't! :shock:

Abba though isn't really cheese anyway. Well it isn't bad. At all. Whereas some stuff you could call bad, I don't think you can call Abba bad. Although I am sure some would disagree!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:40 am

Viper wrote: The Safety Dance is a good song, alright? What of it? .
yes, yes it is. You must see the video.

sx

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Everybody look at your hands

Safety Dance is teh best!

Sefi x

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:42 pm

Although I am sure some would disagree!
Ohoho, they would. I've been publically shamed many a time.
yes, yes it is. You must see the video.
:lol: Where everyone is living in some sort of medieval happy land?
Everybody look at your hands
I wonder why he wants everyone to look at their hands. Are the hands dirty? Has everyone in medieval happy land been doing dirty things with their hands? Like Michael Palin and Terry Jones- it's good mud, this.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:57 pm

Viper wrote:I wonder why he wants everyone to look at their hands. Are the hands dirty? Has everyone in medieval happy land been doing dirty things with their hands? Like Michael Palin and Terry Jones- it's good mud, this.
Yes. Numfar, give the lady a pineapple chewitt. And do the Dance of Safety.

Someone in one of my readings asks in academic serious "Who are the Britons?". I can only think of the scene from Holy Grail.

"Are we?"

Sefi x

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:50 pm

I have grown to love The Soho Dolls at the moment. Saw them the other night. The lady didn't wear the Casanova style costume like last time but had her Burlesque dancer on stage with her. I adore the songs Stripper and Prince Harry. Just gone and dowloaded the album but place i downloaded from (its all legal incase anyone thinks i am being naughty and doing all that illegal downloading stuff :)) but the site is being a pain at the moment, meh.
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

DevilWalksInTheSand
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by DevilWalksInTheSand » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:39 pm

I got the guillemots new album the other day and its nothing short of brilliant! Love it so much!
Image Image

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:26 pm

NEEEED!!

Just listening to Jon Holmes radio show on 6music. No joke everytime he plays a band i have never heard of i instantly love and end up adding their myspace. Today i just added Ham Sandwich from Ireland (sort of folky sounding) and Be Your Own Pet from America (quite punk, little bit shouty, love it)

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Me and my mate have tickets to see REM in Twickenham! YAY!

On the subject of REM, I really cant say enough good things about their new album. I reckon its their best since Automatic for the people.Its brilliant!

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:50 pm

Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:NEEEED!!

Be Your Own Pet from America (quite punk, little bit shouty, love it)
ouuu I do like Be Your Own Pet, nice one.

sx

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:16 pm

They are pretty awesome. Got supersoaked on my myspace :D