The Brilliant Things of life II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Re: The Brilliant Things of life II

Post by Voodoo Lady » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:35 am

We have a director! Wahooooo! He was the first person we met with, and he kind of blew us away in the interview. He also has a Director of Photography that he usually works with (I’ve seen some of his stuff, and it’s great), so if his guy is available, that’s one less position we have to fill. PLUS, the director currently works as an Assistant Director day job-wise, so he said he’s happy to do much of that job, too, which is a HUGE help. We’re very deep into “I’ve never done any of this” territory now, as far as producing goes. I’ve helped group-produce live theater, and I’ve solo produced one variety show (with friends, for friends, so half the job was already done for me). When it’s come to film, I’m usually pulled in after the production is in place, so I have nothing to do with this part.

All that to say that I keep feeling just a little bit lost, but then I these awesome people come on board and pick up the pieces that have me perplexed, and they run with them. I feel like I am perpetually swinging between fearful intimidation and giddy exhilaration. I’m probably obnoxious to be around right now, honestly. I keep emailing my BFF and going, “Okay, so I’m freaking out a little…”, and she keeps writing back and saying, “Breathe….” Lol

Anyway…. I’m also a little rambly, in case that wasn’t painfully obvious. ;)
serafina pekkala wrote:Brilliant brilliant stuff and so good to do work that will be WORTHWHILE!!! I have done too much that ain't.
Heh, haven’t we all! It’s fun to be doing something for me, but also scary. This is my dream, and if I *beep* it up, well, it doesn’t bear thinking about. :P
I am well chuffed for you, missus.
Thank yooooooou! Seriously, thank you for reading my ramblings and being encouraging. I would never have got even this far without awesome friendly types reassuring me that this is something I should chase!

=huggles=

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Brilliant,brilliant,brilliant! This is all really exciting. Don't worry about feeling lost, that's why you have these people in place, and you will be learning all the time. Plus you have the vision,it's totally you're creation and that's why it will be amazing. Keep us informed of any more developments :)

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I am super chuffed for you. And you know what - you are probably doing MUCH MUCH better than you think you are. I can see you being very good at this type of work actually - better than some 'seasoned' producers. You know your film and are a fair minded, hard working person. If you learn as much as you can - even down to getting tips on more mundane aspects such as budgeting and payroll - you could get more work after this project. Just work work work. You won't regret it.

I have a very good witchy feeling about this and you might just get something more out if it - even if it is a trial run at being an actual producer.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:57 pm

She'. You SO deserve this! You have worked so hard and have had a lot of poo in life so I am SO happy that this is happening! We are SO proud of you!
Keep us updated with what you can!

SO blowing my own trumpet but my friend Mike won tickets to the Star Trek Premier by doing a charity thing for Simon Pegg. Mike always said he'd take me if he won but I never expected for 1 minute that he would win and that if he did he'd actually take me! He's not taking Adam as Adam doesn't like Star Trek and I love it.
We are going to the Premier and after show party and I am doing a bit of sick in excitement/sheer terror.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(OMG what if Cumberbatch is there?!?! :shock: )
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Hahahah - brilliant! If Cumberfaceman is there - touch him during a photo. I totally would and I am not even fancying him that much.

I would molest that Zachary Quinto. Any excuse.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:She'. You SO deserve this! You have worked so hard and have had a lot of poo in life so I am SO happy that this is happening! We are SO proud of you!
Keep us updated with what you can!
=hugs!=

I will! :D

SO blowing my own trumpet but my friend Mike won tickets to the Star Trek Premier by doing a charity thing for Simon Pegg. Mike always said he'd take me if he won but I never expected for 1 minute that he would win and that if he did he'd actually take me! He's not taking Adam as Adam doesn't like Star Trek and I love it.

We are going to the Premier and after show party and I am doing a bit of sick in excitement/sheer terror.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Eep! That is so farking awesome! =dances around=
(OMG what if Cumberbatch is there?!?! :shock: )
I think you should pack your fainting couch, just in case. ;)

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:18 am

I shall practice swooning so he can rescue me. I will try to kidnap him for us all :D

I got the text to say I was going on Monday and jumped around at work. Manager is so happy for me that he says I don;t need to worry if I have to leave work early or anything, he will get cover. My boss ROCKS.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:54 am

Wow, your boss is awesome!

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:27 pm

I am very tempted to go along just to shout "BUUUUUM HIIIIIIM!!!" in that voice. For old times sake.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Nice one Kate :)

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:47 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:I am very tempted to go along just to shout "BUUUUUM HIIIIIIM!!!" in that voice. For old times sake.
AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA :lol:

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:00 am

Papa's new wife wrote:
serafina pekkala wrote:I am very tempted to go along just to shout "BUUUUUM HIIIIIIM!!!" in that voice. For old times sake.
AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA :lol:
Same. Reaction.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:23 pm

I want to do this now SO BADLY. :lol:

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Sorry folks for being absent for so long on all this action.

Firstly She', amazing, amazing, amazing. There are no words to describe how over the moon I am for you. It's fantastic what you are doing, what you are creating. I get the fear thing but lady I completely believe with all my heart that you could do ANYTHING you put your mind to. ANYTHING. I join the Sefi with the witchy poo feelings. Nothing but good can come from this, nothing. I know you are beyond busy but update us when you can. I want to hear all about it.

Secondly, Katie, how frigging cool is this? Steal him please, steal them all.

Thirdly, Sefi you need to go and scream 'bum him' this MUST happen.

Lastly, for me, had a bit of a low time of late which I am coming out of. Everything is positive though and I'm setting up a little 'painting station' in the flat so I can start being more creative. X
ImageImage

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Ooooh yay! Your art is jaw droppingly amazing. I remember the first thing of yours I saw and I was in shock that someone could paint that well. It was the butterfly.
You ever need a cheerleader and I will dance outside your window because you are amazing.