The Brilliant Things of life II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: The Brilliant Things of life II

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Hey Sheila! You will be soon be the scarf queen of LA! Go for it! :D

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Let us know how it goes Sheila :D

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 pm

AMAZING STUFF! I am well chuffed for you. I better get a Voodoo scarf when I can ! xxx

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Update:

I met the lady who runs the boutique shop late last week. She was absolutely lovely and didn't try to eat me, not even once! :lol: It was in this lovely "old town" section, crammed with cute little shops and cozy eateries. I want to go there on a weekend sometime and just explore.

The shop itself was adorable (wish I'd had more time to look around!). Aside from one line of high end brand-name clothing, she sells only handmade items created by local artists. She told me that she'd had a longstanding arrangement with another scarf knitter for years and years, and her customers had really loved her scarves; so much so that hers were the only scarfs the store carried. Sadly, the woman was elderly and passed away a few years back, and the owner has been looking for a knitter ever since. She was looking for someone who does similar scarves to the ones the other lady did, in large part because she knows there at least used to be a market for them. Apparently mine are the closest she has found. Eep! Long story short(er), she kept five of my scarves (three of the ones I'd knitted in a panic only earlier in the week in order to have them to show to her). She's going to try selling them on consignment, and if they do well, if she finds that there is still a market for them, she may start buying them from me outright. Double eep!

So fingers crossed. I feel really positive about it all, but I have to remind myself that that doesn't mean they'll sell. Not being negative, just trying to keep my feel close to the ground, just in case. I'm aiming for cautious optimism, although I confess I may have overshot it a bit. ;)

The store name is Jenni B, and my stuff is supposed to get posted on Facebook today (hopefully). When it does, I'll make the announcement on my wall.

=dances around, madly waving sparklers and going "Eeeeeeeeee!"=

This is totally brilliant! I hope it really takes off for you!!! Of course it will, you're brilliant!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Update:

I met the lady who runs the boutique shop late last week. She was absolutely lovely and didn't try to eat me, not even once! :lol: It was in this lovely "old town" section, crammed with cute little shops and cozy eateries. I want to go there on a weekend sometime and just explore.

The shop itself was adorable (wish I'd had more time to look around!). Aside from one line of high end brand-name clothing, she sells only handmade items created by local artists. She told me that she'd had a longstanding arrangement with another scarf knitter for years and years, and her customers had really loved her scarves; so much so that hers were the only scarfs the store carried. Sadly, the woman was elderly and passed away a few years back, and the owner has been looking for a knitter ever since. She was looking for someone who does similar scarves to the ones the other lady did, in large part because she knows there at least used to be a market for them. Apparently mine are the closest she has found. Eep! Long story short(er), she kept five of my scarves (three of the ones I'd knitted in a panic only earlier in the week in order to have them to show to her). She's going to try selling them on consignment, and if they do well, if she finds that there is still a market for them, she may start buying them from me outright. Double eep!

So fingers crossed. I feel really positive about it all, but I have to remind myself that that doesn't mean they'll sell. Not being negative, just trying to keep my feel close to the ground, just in case. I'm aiming for cautious optimism, although I confess I may have overshot it a bit. ;)

The store name is Jenni B, and my stuff is supposed to get posted on Facebook today (hopefully). When it does, I'll make the announcement on my wall.

=dances around, madly waving sparklers and going "Eeeeeeeeee!"=

This is totally brilliant! I hope it really takes off for you!!! Of course it will, you're brilliant!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Went to a Doctor Who Convention on Sunday and got chatting to a guy called Joe. Anyway, he added me on Facebook and I accepted and his name is Joe Lidster and he has written for Torchwood,Sarah Jane Adventures Big Finish Doctor Who range and books etc. That's pretty neat Huh!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Plus, I'm really feeling better and good. Much better than I have for a long time, easily a year. I feel like my old self :)

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Oh, and the new cats are coming tomorrow! Sorry about double posting!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:47 pm

That's amazing! I'm dead pleased for you and proud to know you! So have you made a choice on who's getting the gig or is it a really tough call?

And actually, I think they will find THEY are working with an amazing talent!

So,so pleased and excited for you! :D

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:12 pm

Brilliant brilliant stuff and so good to do work that will be WORTHWHILE!!! I have done too much that ain't.

I am well chuffed for you, missus.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Brilliant,brilliant,brilliant! This is all really exciting. Don't worry about feeling lost, that's why you have these people in place, and you will be learning all the time. Plus you have the vision,it's totally you're creation and that's why it will be amazing. Keep us informed of any more developments :)

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I am super chuffed for you. And you know what - you are probably doing MUCH MUCH better than you think you are. I can see you being very good at this type of work actually - better than some 'seasoned' producers. You know your film and are a fair minded, hard working person. If you learn as much as you can - even down to getting tips on more mundane aspects such as budgeting and payroll - you could get more work after this project. Just work work work. You won't regret it.

I have a very good witchy feeling about this and you might just get something more out if it - even if it is a trial run at being an actual producer.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Hahahah - brilliant! If Cumberfaceman is there - touch him during a photo. I totally would and I am not even fancying him that much.

I would molest that Zachary Quinto. Any excuse.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:27 pm

I am very tempted to go along just to shout "BUUUUUM HIIIIIIM!!!" in that voice. For old times sake.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Nice one Kate :)