True Blood

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: True Blood

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Is 4 being broadcast in this country yet? I assume it's on Sky or another digital channel I don't get? I only know it through DVD. Also, very impressed with Stephen Moyer's accent considering he's a brit!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:10 am

Season 4 doesn't come to UK TV til Jan but yes it will be on FX *loves FX*
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Is that spoilery?

If I get sick of waiting I will check out PNW's link but for now I have so much else to watch. And when it does come to TV I'll have seen it which might upset me. Although by then I suppose they might be on the next series and I can watch that online too?

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:05 pm

*puts hand up* Me! Just finished series 4, really enjoyed it and loved the twist at the end (not sure how much to say about anything so not to be spoilery)!

Anyway, can not wait for series 5! Would go to the convention in August if I wasn't skint!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:05 pm

I am! Can't remember series 4 all that much. Remind me? Loved first ep of series 5 but thought not much happened in last night's (ep 2). Maybe just setting the stories up.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm

I have just finished Series 4, so you girls need to let me know if 5 is any good or not! :o

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 pm

We're only 3 eps in. Last night's was better than the second ep.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:04 pm

I didn't find series 4 all that memorable to be honest... Bur series three was awesome.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I tried reading one of the Sookie Stackhouse Novels. Terrible. I will stick to the TV series!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:38 am

astrid wrote:Yeah, I am not going any where near the books. Don't think I have heard anyone say good things about them.
I hear people think they're good good.Esp when they've run out of loo roll. :wink:

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 pm

The problem with the books is that they are written from the point of view of the least interesting character; Sookie. She is dumb as a box of rocks and therefore, poor writing is hidden under the disguise of 'thick character', which is very cunning i suppose. Britney on X-Factor is like Stephen Fry in comparison.

Charlaine Harris had a few very good ideas - like the synthetic blood and the 'Great Revelation' - but the TV series is mostly Alan Ball making her ideas 1000% better. But Harris knows how to cultivate her audience - she is very shrewd and this is the success. The stuff regarding vampires and shapeshifters is the best. The were-animals and fairy bits are just very silly or embarrassing and a 'niche appeal' like collecting crystal unicorns or something. :)

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:05 pm

astrid wrote:From what I have heard her research into history is a tad poor as well.

It is all a bit 'Bill and Ted' ;) yet not as funny.
astrid wrote:I have to admit that the tv shows has a million random things in it that are beyond silly. The red neck were-panther folk got on my wick to no end. There are characters that I can not be bothered with however I continue to watch. Basically I feel when it is good it's VERY good. I love Erik and Pam and could watch their scenes over and over.
Agreed. A lot depends on the charisma of the actors - which of course is Erik and Pam down to a tee. And minor characters like the wonderful Franklin*. Jason, Jessica, Hoyt's mum, Andy, Lafayette - all perfectly done. Tara not so much.

Werepanthers were just ... cack.

*James Frain to appear on Sherlock please.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 pm

astrid wrote:I LOVE James Frain and loved him in TB. He was and is the only vamp in it that I have found genuinely scaring. He did unhinged to a tee.
Same here. And so weird and funny too. You are right about the scary. Apparently JF is now in Grimm but I haven't seen that. It seemed a bit Whedon ripoff. :)

Tara was always a bit too angry about nowt. Boring. And her accent is rubbs apparently - according to mah Southern friend. BTW best accent is Jason - an Aussie. :)

I haven't seen any of the latest series BTW. :cry:

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Just watched the last ep on Monday and I really liked this series.

I watch Grimm but it doesn't excite me in the least. Feels like bit of a chore to watch really. Especially because there are 22 episodes per season so it barely feels like it's off. Have to admit I didn't realise he was in it but I bet I recognised him when I saw it. Franklin was so ace. Wish he hasn't died, even if it was Eric in a sexy scene.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Should I bother with season 5 offa True Blood? I tend to tail off before the last season as I did with BSG and LOST.