I made this!

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Re: I made this!

Post by Voodoo Lady » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks, lovely!

After Christmas, yarn should be super cheap, comparatively speaking. I'll probably stock up around then, myself.

Can't wait to see some of the patterns you design! I've started thinking of some really basic ones, myself. To that end, lookie what I found! If you're talking a simple knit/purl scarfie thing, this is perfect to help design it!

http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 pm

I need to start small but very excited about it. There are opportunities out there to submit patterns to but I think that is a while off yet but you never know. Eeeep.

Can't wait to see all the fantastic things you are going to make. X
ImageImage

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:40 am

Possibly one of the stupidestly simple scarves I've made, but I'm absolutely in love with it. I love that it looks all warm and cozy, but also sloppy and easy, like it can't be fussed. I also adore that it's long and wide and stretchy enough to fold in all manner of ways.

Just a few:

I'm semi-secretly hoping it doesn't sell. If it does, I may have to make another. :D

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:50 am

Ooooh that is gorgeous :D
I'm not surprised you want to keep it for yourself, I certainly would.

I have toyed with the idea of making jewellery and selling bits and pieces, my parents have both told me I should, but I know I'd want to keep it all. A lot of the jewellery on Etsy for fandoms that I like is utter rubbish (though there is some that I love and I invariably buy) and I know I could do far better. I am just incredibly lazy at the moment with no motivation to even leave the house let alone make anything.
Hopefully in a few months I'll feel more alive and may try a few pieces. Fan jewellery is really rare for some fandoms. I have searched a lot for Loki stuff and the crap I trawl through on Etsy is unbelievable. Honestly, go look up Loki and you'll find someone thinks they can get away with a necklace with a bit of green glass in it is acceptable. Yup, just green colour in the necklace, no pictures, no nothing. The Supernatural stuff mainly looks like a blind homeless gypsy has done a drawing of what might possible be a human male and labelled it as Dean.

Having said that there are some fantastic Batman pieces out there so I probably wouldn't make anything for that fandom for a while.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Ohhh I love it Sheila. Looks so cozy and soft. You totally need to keep some goods for yourself.

I'm on christmas stocking 5 of 5, as much as they are fun I am so over doing the pattern over and over again. Can't wait to make something new and more importantly for myself! Tee hee

Katie, you should so go for it, I KNOW you would be amazing at it. You have an amazing attention to detail and totally get what people would actually want. I can completely see you excelling at it. Please go for it when you are feeling up to it.

For me I have loads of pattern ideas in my head, I just need the yarn and to read up on the technical side. Goi g to start small and simple but excited about it. I had also thought of doing something fandom, there are plenty of really great fandom knitting patterns out there, and some crappy ones. Would be great practice at pattern writing and as it would be free and fandom folks may try out making it. Will see.
ImageImage

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Finished stocking number 5! Hoorah. Finally all done, just need to block them and the of course fill them. So glad they are all done. Hope the kids like them.
ImageImage

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:15 am

Hooray! They better like them, after all the effort you've put into 'em. If they don't, send 'em my way. Not the kids, the stockings. ;)

And Katie, yes! Yes, you SO should. You have your finger on the pulse of fandom, and know the kinds of things that us crazy fangurls love. Doooooo iiiiiiit!

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 am

I love all this making. I have not been crafty like this for a while. Good work!

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Finished my stockings and had enough yarn left over to make myself an advent calendar. Very pleased with it, need to get dowelling rods to hang it up but still happy.
ImageImage

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:21 pm

That's incredible! How long did it take you, do you think?

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:That's incredible! How long did it take you, do you think?
I think about two and a half days. Was making it while watching Vicar of Dibley! I had a very lazy week! :D
ImageImage

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Still, that sounds fast! Impressive!

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:09 am

Voodoo Lady wrote:Still, that sounds fast! Impressive!
I surprised myself. I think making all those stockings certainly helped me get used to stranded work.
ImageImage

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Voodoo Lady » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:04 am

Astrid! I got a stylus and pad for Photoshop, and I LOVE it! It's taken some getting used to, but what an awesome tool! Sitting at work all day, I can't wait to get home and play with it some more. :D I did that crazy doodle of me on Facebook with it. lol It's making me feel like an actual drawing-type artist, which I ain't. Fun!

astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by astrid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Planning on attempting to write my own knitting pattern. I want it to be colour work, a little more form over function in my head at the moment but we shall see.
ImageImage