Elementary, my dear Watson - Sherlock/Cumberbatch chat

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Elementary, my dear Watson - Sherlock/Cumberbatch chat

Post by Beast » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:08 pm

I can't be bothered to read books (I have a problem with it, am not just being lazy - well partly maybe) but I love the RPers who bring it in to their work a little. Not crazily but who react to people saying stuff. Makes me go all eeeeeeeee! :D There's a bit going on at the mo on Twitter with some US fans I believe who also interact with the doctor and Captain Jack. They were on about a Cpt Jack sandwich with John and Sherlock yesterday. :D
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Oh yeah. I can't help thinking programme makers pander to it purposely though. Including the Sherlock writers. But as long as it is not meant to actually be the case. I think that might spoil it. It has to be pretend. It's more thrilling that way.

Just saw this further explanation of the faked death which I think carries some weight: http://bbcsherlockftw.tumblr.com/post/2 ... les-cipher. Exciting stuff. :D

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:48 pm

I actually have come round to liking the Frumious Bandersnatch* again now he says his fans worry him with their obsession. Captain Obvious strikes again. Nobody likes a mental. Why do they think that sending their used Spanx and drawing pictures of him being raped by a Hedgehog Martin Freeman would cause him nowt but sorrow? I bet he gets some good fan art though. By good I mean BAD.

It is a toss up between him and Tiddles for the Xander style Demon Magnet award to date.

* Lewis Carroll invents the best names :lol:

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Cumberbatch is on the one show tomorrow at 7pm:)

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Is that velvet?! :D

Parade's End is a tricky one. Not sure how I feel about him as that character. Nice in uniform though definitely and I liked his hair like that. #veryslightspoileronlytobeavoidedifyouknowabsolutelynothingaboutitandwhenitsset

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 pm

http://www.nickbriggs.com/paradesend.html
Beautiful photos from Parade's End jujst spotted on twitter now :)
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:42 pm

That actor is so prolific. You will know him from Whitechapel?

I am looking forward to Elementary. Yes, it won't be the same but America does great drama so I can't help but think it will be awesome. Think it starts around 29th? Late Oct anyway.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Elementary was a show and not at all to do with Sherlock. They may as well redo Shaft in Sheffield with Sean Bean in a wheelchair.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm

I would be totally up for that, an' all.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:52 am

I've seen both now too. I enjoyed them if I did find myself going 'yeah, but...' to some of his deductions. I may have done that with Sherlock too occasionally though I can't remember doing, so in that way Sherlock wins. And yeah, in every other way of course! But I kinda liked it and definitely want to give it more of a chance. I feel myself getting sucked in.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:18 pm

We always need more.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:14 pm

He's doing quite well at being adorable I think. I could fancy him. I think I do a bit although he sounds so English is almost seems fake. Is that his natural accent?

I really liked this week's ep, even if it was a bit far fetched.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 am

JLM is amazing and in Frankenstein, as the monster, he knocked me for six.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 pm

It was good if a strange production - I saw a screening though not the LIVE version. It was packed out. Lots of people were doing their best Les Mis ACkting including musical theatre turning and delivery. :lol: And for some reason, Victor Frankenstein's entire family came from the Caribbean. Apparently. But I suppose this was a fantasy so not that important when you consider the rest of the production haha. Naomie Harris played Elizabeth and she was good too and had a LOT to deal with every night - although i I was blinded by her tiny rib cage. It is the size of a Skipper doll. I love seeing actors on stage just for the sweating and the staring at their freakish body proportions like Cumberbatch's HUGE feet. Bizarre.

There were 2 genuine FANGURLS or STANGURLS in the audience next too me. Americans too so i hope they were just in town for other reasons haha. Everytime Clown Feet came on stage - they actually genuinely gasped. And stared at the screen with a lobotomised face. Oh dear.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Not massive news but in South Africa I was wandering up to the lodge when I heard mention of Afghanistan. As I approached I heard 'Sherlock' and got to the computer to discover people were watching the first ep! :D So I settled down and watched eps 1 and 2 which was really nice to do so far away.

It's been a while since I saw them and I had to note how much better Ben's hair was in the first episodes. It's got a bit ludicrous now. I don't ever see them trimming it back down now though as people seem to love it like it is. :?

I now have at least three Elementary eps to catch up on.