Carry on my wayward son....

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Carry on my wayward son....

Postby astrid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:18 pm

I space for something Supernatural........

Thanks for the Netflix tip ladies, watching series 9 as I type. Only a couple of episodes in so lots to catch up on.

Not going to lie I have missed Dean's disney princess eyes and pouty, pouty lips. He is yum.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Carry on my wayward son....

Postby astrid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:28 pm

I watched four episodes straight. Ohhhh yes, the Dean lust is back.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Yaaaaaaaaay! I have long thought there should be a dedicated Supernatural thread, but again, didn't bother, as there was no one here.

=dances around screaming "Carry On, My Wayward Son" at the top of mah lungs=

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby astrid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:08 pm

I will try to catch up as soon as I can so there are less spoilers for you ladies.

Quite liked the Dorothy episode.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:07 am

They just filmed the 200th episode and put up a few pictures of the with an Impala bumper cake. I want to smear them all with cake :lol:

I have also heard a few titbits about the 200th episode and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it could be utterly utterly amazing.

PS: Crowley is getting way too thin, his Twitter pictures are making me try to push chips through my computer screen into his mouth.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Dog episode, silly win or ffs fail.

Can I just say.....his eyes....man he is so pretty.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:39 pm

Oh God some of the dog episode made me laugh my head off :D
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:19 pm

It did make me look at Lily and wish I could drink that spell. :lol:
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Just want to vent, ruddy Sky didn't renew Supernatural. It's not on Netflix or the like in the UK either. So there is NO OPTION to pay to see this show at all. I know there are 'ways' to watch it, my point is no wonder people go that route when you provide no other way. Oh the DVD is October.....next year...and that is just series 9 so I'd still be one behind!
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:04 am

astrid wrote:Just want to vent, ruddy Sky didn't renew Supernatural. It's not on Netflix or the like in the UK either. So there is NO OPTION to pay to see this show at all. I know there are 'ways' to watch it, my point is no wonder people go that route when you provide no other way. Oh the DVD is October.....next year...and that is just series 9 so I'd still be one behind!

Okay, that is truly ridiculous! I'm so sorry you're coming up against this crap, just trying to be an honest, devoted telly watcher. :/

Meant to comment on last week's episode sooner, but didn't have time, so here goes: It was just okay. I mean, it was entertaining enough, I suppose, but it just felt like it should have been called, "The Easy Out." Crowley just pops up out of nowhere to steal grace for Cas so that Cas can pop up out of nowhere and help cure Sam. Booo! I really thought that Dean might be the big bad this year, so to have them go, "Oops, nope, he's really a human, YAY!" after just a few episodes felt sloppy and stupid. I felt cheated out of an interesting story.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:05 am

I totally agree with you VL.
Waaaaay too easy. I love Cas and it makes all sad and scared when he's barely hanging on and I;m yelling to just stab any Angel and nick their grace, but seriously? Crowley bamfs in and... here you go!
Even if Cas looked bloody spectacular with his BLUE EYES OF SEXMO and his hair all nice... ahem.
Just way too easy.

I would have LOVED Dean to be the big bad this series and yes I knew he wasn't going to be, bloody Tumblr just spoils EVERYTHING so I've stayed off it now for a while so I don't hear anything (especially about episode 200 because I've heard way too much already and don't want to be spoiled any more) but I thought we'd get more than 3 episodes :(

Right, now I have to fangurl.
Oh mah Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd the growling. Deanmon tied to the chair, the black eyes and the growls of anger. Holy hell. Whoa Mama. Wow. I think I evaporated. Insanely hot.
Then BLUE EYES OF SEXMO Cas holding BLACK EYES OF HOLY HELL Deanmon. Ruined. Destiel was back on and hotter than ever!

Yeah, so, ruined.
(Oh, and I did a sad noise at the photo with Bobby. I miss Bobby :( :( :(

This weeks episode:
Oh please sod off Kate (even if it means Dean repeatedly says Kate and I fall off my bed, especially when he's grumpy. Oohhhhh.)
The uniforms were verrrrrrry hawt. Oh yes. OH YES :D
But I hated the episode where we met her (apart from the What's the Matter With You song that was played, I still listen to that on my MP3 and dream of Dean. I know, severe loser alert. Code red.)
But was really bored :(

NEXT WEEK IS EPISODE 200 EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!11

PS: I miss all the Destiel eye sex. I don't want Cas travelling with (I admit I can't be bothered to learn her name) someone who isn't The Winchesters, I want Cas with the boys and not understanding that reference and having a more profound bond and when was the last time he mentioned gripping him tight and raising Dean from perdition? *sobs*

Fan girl alert, code pathetic.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Can't believe they're on their 200th episode! I shall be going :x la, la, laaaaaaa!" until it airs.

Also, can't believe they're on their hundredth episode, their tenth season, and they only just got a dedicated thread in our little forum. :lol:

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:55 pm

So, episode 200.
Hated some of it, loved some of it. Laughed (yes I cried at a couple of bits, hormones ok?! :P )

Yeah I'll do a long review maybe. Maybe.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:55 pm

On the whole I loved it. There was so much in it, little nuggets for everyone, that parts were bound to piss some people off. I love what Jeremy Carver said in an interview:

"As potentially saccharine as it sounds, it's a love letter to the fans. All the fans. It's trying to acknowledge, in its way, that we understand that it's a big, messy fandom out there and there are all kinds of fans, and we're all under this one umbrella. We celebrate that."

I'll write more later, too. Kind of swamped right now, but I have been wanting to talk about it with you, Katie!

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:11 pm

I know I said I'd write a longer reply, but now I feel like I would need to watch the eppy again in order to do it justice. Off hand, I loved that Carver Edlund turned up at the end as "the producers". Such a beautiful in-joke. Also, because I didn't properly fangurl for most of the time I've watched SPN, I never heard the "Chuck" is god theory, but now that I have, I LOVE it! It would make SO much sense.

I thought there were a ton of great one-liners, like, "...my one-woman tribute to Orphan Black." I thought Cas's song was brilliant. Lovely way to highlight a beautifully understated moment from years back. And of course "Carry On My Wayward Son" at the end gave me chills. My eyes might have leaked a little here and there, as well." :')

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Next

Return to General Chat