Dr Who

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:17 pm

One for Ex really.Your a bit of comic strip buff,they have just realised 'Dr.Who and the Iron Legion',which is basically Strips from the late 70's early eighties. It is done really well instead of all this old bollocks of colouring it they have left them black and white and remastered them,the quality is fantastic.There are about 7 stories in the collection. I think you can find details on

www.paninicomics.co.uk

Worth having!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Exinferis » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:57 pm

Not sure about the comic's. Never really been over keen on the Who ones I've seen. Have to say I much prefer the Ol' Marval stuff!

So, when is this convention then?
Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:28 pm

We are...just kidding!!!
I'm still in Billie Piper shock. :shock:
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:44 pm

Or maybe everyone eats lots of mints,with holes in the middle.........!

Back on the con! Ton's of Groovy stuff to buy! Added to my collection of talking Daleks! Now have a complete set!

I also bought the other Radio Controlled Dalek I wanted so I now have a matching pair!

But they didn't have a bag big enough to put it in so I had to sit on the tube with it on my lap! People kept looking at me.One woman said,"that's neat is it for your child!"."Er no,it's for me I said" Followed by my most used line "It's not a toy,it is a collectable model!''

Honestly!

Also at the con,they showed an episode which only turned up after Christmas after being lost for 40 years from the 1965 story 'dalek Masterplan which was really good!!! Owning everything else that exists it was a rare event to see something 'new'! :lol:

That reminds me,do you all know on the Doctor Who DVD 'Earthshock' Mark is interviewed on an Documentry about the story as it is his fave! Good choice mark!!!

If any of you are closet DW fans,the Best DVD release is 'The Curse of Fenric',double disk set with Original broadcast story and extended Movie length version with 25 minutes extra footage,new GGI effects it is so good!

Doing the same with Ghost Light later in the year,so maybe it will now make some sense!

If you watched BBC four last night,they showed Part 1 of the 1966 story 'The Web of Fear',looked as though it had been nicely cleaned up!!!.

That's todays DW news done people!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Laura Folds Five » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38 am

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote: Added to my collection of talking Daleks! Now have a complete set!

Is that like the one Mark has in the behind the scenes doc?

Tubbs, in my mind you are turning into Vince from Queer As Folk, and that's no bad thing. (although I'm sure you prefer the ladies). He got given the real K9 as a birthday present. Bet you don't have one of them...
(or do you?)
Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:05 pm

Yeah that's the one! Set of eight!

niot too keen on being compared to Vince though thanks!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:18 am

New DW DVD out tomorrow 'The leisure hive',bet Marks on there again!!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:39 pm

not sure if this was posted but did n e one see the daleks in The Sun the other day, they went on a mini demo to bring back the daleks! if my mum ain't chucked it out i'll scan it
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:03 pm

Yes,it was in the papers,the new production team,wanted the Daleks back.However the esyte of the creator wanted too much money for their use and too much editorial control! The first story see the return of the Autons!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:31 pm

Wasn't the estate also annoyed because the BBC wanted to make the Daleks scarier?
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:36 am

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:Yes,it was in the papers,the new production team,wanted the Daleks back.However the esyte of the creator wanted too much money for their use and too much editorial control! The first story see the return of the Autons!

oo that will be cool then! The autons are good! will the cybermen be returning or not? lmao they could use pc stamp from the bill again to play one of the cybermen!!!
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:53 pm

Blimey I have a fellow Whovian in our midst!

Yeah Graham Cole Rocks as the Cybermen! I wrote him a letter c/o The Bill asking him and he sent me a mega long leterer back saying that he was Melker,Marshman,Cyberman,a member of the Kinda Tribe. He said he was upset to never be a Dalek as he is too big!!!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:34 pm

Well, I was gonna come on here and post about the Daleks being out of the new series, but it seems I'm too late. lol Curses! ;)

I ran into a bloke yesterday who was a HUGE Who fan, SotR, and I thought of you. Apparently, he works for BBC Video, and claims to have read the first three scripts. He says they're fantastic, and fervently believes that all of America will be converted to Whodom when the series debuts.

'Course then he went and said that Little Britain was rubbish, so I had to kick his arse. ;)

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:41 pm

Oh what was his name as I know a few of the Guys who work on the video and DVD releases for the BBC?
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:43 pm

His name was Carl. He lives here in the States, I believe. Or at least that's the impression I got.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat