Dr Who

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Dr Who

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:55 pm

I really on want to say I agreed with all you said. But ultimatly just want to say it wasn't very good.The stand alone episodes worked well, the arc didn't. I found the arc so uninteresting I can't even be bothered to talk about it! Suffice to say, the arc didn't stand scrutiny. I mean if they WANT to do an arc, they should look to Bad Wolf where it was there, but if you missed it and didn't get it, there were also a damn good story to enjoy as well. I feel some of the episodes this series, were story light and just a list of plot points to be got across. I am thinking 'Let's Kill Hitler' and the 'finale'.

Plus of course next year we get one series spread over two years, because Moffat and his exec producers (who've now 'gone') couldn't manage this years budget properly!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:56 pm

I just watched the last ep and I really enjoyed it. Though I agree with everything you have said VL. I was already confused by the series and the final one hardly helped. Why did they even get married anyway? Time travel stuff never makes sense and never will because it's all a big loop (I think there's a better word for that that I can't think of at the moment!). In a way I wish people would leave it alone but DW wouldn't survive without it! Watching DW makes me a little ashamed sometimes. I thought it might be better when RTD left but it isn't. They try to be clever but generally they fail. It's all convoluted nonsense and it makes me sad and annoyed. I'm sorry, but the Americans are far superior to us with this sort of thing. It's always perfectly thought out and makes you squee for how excellent it is.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 am

I expect you're right that either we don't get the dross or I just happen to pick (or focus on) the good ones. I'm just talking about Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Supernatural, Dexter, True Blood, Lost etc. Those where every single episode is close to fantastic.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Dr. Who movie that "starts from scratch"? Um...No thanks! :shock:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Doctor-W ... 27882.html

Disaster.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:59 pm

:lol: In all seriousness, if they brought back Tennant to play him I'd be all for it. Am not really against it as it is anyway but then I'm not the biggest fan of the programme.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:11 am

Well that article just suggests it will be someone new. It may be an old actor but taking him back to more near the start?

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Holy crap O_O That is AWESOME O_O

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:08 am

Oh definitely! Much better than certain other people anyway ;) I wonder if he could put on a convincing English accent....? ;)

(and I wonder if he even knew what the sonic screwdriver was, lol!)

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:01 am

Hmmmm O_O !!!

I'd love to meet him at a convention... Maybe I could get him to pose with a classic Dr Who sonic screwdriver, bahaha ;) (and ask him to put on an English accent so I could hear what he sounded like ;) )

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Well, i was bound to like it as it had Alexander Armstrong looking hot :twisted:

Spoilers for those who haven't seen it

I liked the husband coming back (maybe because i am a big softie :oops: ) Not enough Bill Bailey though. Loved Rory and Amy at the end and the silence before Amy and The Doctor hugged :lol: )

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:Meeting Tony Curran at the weekend. Anything you want me to pass along, Poz? :lol:

Oooo, I see that Paul McGann and husband Eric Roberts will be there, too. Actually, quite a few people will be, including Jane Espenson. Would LOVE to meet W. Morgan Shepard.

http://www.gallifreyone.com/

Awwwww! Our little LA con is growing up! I remember when it was held in a foul smelling, mildewing hotel in the middle of nowhere in the Valley with no big named guests and attended only by a few sad stragglers wearing tatty Tom Baker scarves and far too little deodorant.

Oh Jealous! I so want to meet Tony Curran, I really admire his performance in his episode. I'd love to do a Gallifrey con. Maybe one day! Have fun She' :D

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Tennant and Billie doing a Convention in Birmingham in December!! Am I going?! Does the Pope wear a funny hat!?!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 pm

No, both in the glamour that is Birmingham!

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:21 pm

If it was nearer i would be there like a shot, but Birmingham is too far for me. Take lots of pictures Paul.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:19 pm

I will Kelly. Big Finish Day 3 is due to be confirmed so maybe you could do that. I just hope they don't decide to do it on the weekend I have a work seminar. :?