Dr Who

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Re: Dr Who

Post by miss denton » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 am

I actually quite liked it. Yes a few plot holes where there but there a plot holes in most Doctor Who episodes. I did feel that it should have been a two parter though. Seemed a bit rushed.

I shall miss Rory and Amy as they are my favourite new who companions i am so glad they ended up together. I wish Brian had been in the episode, even if it was at the end of the episode. Far better than the dire The Daleks Take Manhatten

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:15 pm

But I did have a sob at the end!

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 pm

The new companion has a face problem. She seems kinda ... simpering. She may improve but you can tell she started on Emmerdale or something. Moffat seems to hire chicks he wants to boff. :)

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 pm

serafina pekkala wrote: Moffat seems to hire chicks he wants to boff. :)
So would I!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Both.

At the same time.

:wink:

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 pm

The new trailer is great. I can't wait until christmas. Really liked the prequel too.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:47 pm

I loved it.

Love the new titles. Jenna Louise Coleman in fantastic. Lots of twists in the story

My only fault with it is that

there wasn't enough Richard E Grant

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:33 pm

astrid wrote:Loved it, far better than what I thought it would be. I will miss Pond,adored the actress although wasn't hugely loving the storylines she was getting in the last series but still. I really like the new girl, looking forward to the new series.

Paul, can you answer a question, was GI a baddie in couple of classic Dr Who's or books perhaps?
Yes. The Great Intelligence were in two stories in the 1960's with Patrick Troughton. They both involved the Yeti. One is 'The Abominable Snowman' and the other is,'The Web of Fear and both are regarded as classics.

I loved the Christmas special. I wasn't really looking forward to it as the last series was a bit meh in my opinion, but this was a return to form. Loved new girl, she was brilliant and fun. Richard E Grant is good in everything. Loved the new TARDIS, looked like the original one. plot was full of references to the Troughton tales. It was a nice simple straightforward plot with some great comedy moments in!

Only thing I didn't like was The Sontarons have been reduced from a war mongering race to comic relief, which I think really devalues them and the new titles, a total mess.

That aside a cracking taster for the anniversary year!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:32 pm

I'm liking the title!

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:34 pm

So i liked The Bell of St John. Absolutley love Clara.Good story.Loved Clara still holding onto her mug as she was rushed around in the Tardis and on the plane :lol:

Last nights episode The Rings Of Akhaten was okay, could have been better i thought. Loved the first 10 minutes but it the rest was not overly exciting for me. Spoiler in case everyone hasn't seen the episide: The Doctor mentioned taking his Grandaughter to that planet, that made me smile the reference to Susan. Fingers crossed for an appearance in the 50th

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:17 pm

miss denton wrote:So i liked The Bell of St John. Absolutley love Clara.Good story.Loved Clara still holding onto her mug as she was rushed around in the Tardis and on the plane :lol:

Last nights episode The Rings Of Akhaten was okay, could have been better i thought. Loved the first 10 minutes but it the rest was not overly exciting for me. Spoiler in case everyone hasn't seen the episide: The Doctor mentioned taking his Grandaughter to that planet, that made me smile the reference to Susan. Fingers crossed for an appearance in the 50th
Yeah, I then last one was deadly dull too.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 am

This week's more like it. Though what would you expect from Mark. Not convoluted and a good old fashioned monster story. :)

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:16 am

I really liked Cold War. David Warner was great in this. I know keep singing Hungry Like The Wolf :lol:

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 pm

I caught the last episode and thought it was interesting. I like the performances (guests especially), the setting and the whole 'haunted house' theme. The writer Neil Cross was a different choice. BUT the new companion is just like the rest of them. A moony-eyed kitten-faced girl around 23 who gets all angry when the Doctor talks to her like she is a kid but she does fancy him, under all the strop. They even have a similar Emma Watsonish look (heart-shaped face, pout, lots of hair) and kind of Little Women era names - Martha, Amy, Clara etc. Boring. No disrespect to the actress (who looks like Christina Ricci meets Alyssa Milano) who seems very capable. But it is. They will have a Beth next. And a Jo.

And the 'Matt Smith rushes around for the last 10 minutes garbling about things till the case is solved' has become a trope for him, I'm afraid.

I guess I am not the audience though.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm still loving it. There are rubbish episodes (The Rings of Akhaten) and episodes I really liked (Hide and Journey To The Centre of The Tardis) so far but it's like that with every series of Doctor Who. I didn't like many of the 2009 specials, Journey's End, The Stolen Earth and a lot of the Colin Baker tv stories)

Looking forward to this weeks episode looks good. It's also written by Gatiss