Dr Who

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Dr Who

Post by ratgirl » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:47 pm

So, Christmas...?

I'd had a bit much port, so I think I ranted through quite a bit of it. But I wasn't keen. It was watchable, but that seems to be about the best you can say about Who these days...
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:31 pm

Haha, oh dear! Yeah, I feel pretty much like that about it myself. Then I spend five seconds thinking 'maybe I should watch it aga... nah!" :D
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:20 am

Some episodes have been hit and miss for me. Although it seems like i'm the only one who enjoyed Sleep No More. I like Osgood, Kate and Missy being back. Much as I like Clara I think it is time for her to go. She started to annoy me a bit last series. Hopefully we can get a proper male companion as well as a female companion.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:16 pm

I enjoyed The Husbands of River Song. I liked how it tied it all up. However, I would have liked to have seen more adventures with twelve and River. Perhaps Big Finish will do this. River and eight are in their new audio adventure.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:42 pm

I'm reserving judgement of the new Doctor until I see her in action. I did like the few seconds that I saw though.

I liked the Christmas episode. It didn't feel like much happened though. I did like twelve and he had some good episodes. I do think he could have done with better scripts. It's also a shame that we only had one series of him and Bill. I liked her so much better than Clara. She worked well with him.

Also
As one was in it I would have liked to have seen Carole Ann Ford (Susan) but alas no. I enjoyed David Bradley in An Adventure in Time and Space, so it was good to see him as the first doctor.The reveal of Gatiss's character being related to the Brigadier was good

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Yeah, the First Doctor was quite tiresome. Still, Stewart says that William Hartnell was racist, so it could have been worse! :(

I know exactly what you mean about the woman thing. Still, let's wait and see how it goes. Mark was lovely, even though it was immediately obvious the sole purpose for his character to be in it was for him to be related to the Brigadier!