SPOTTED

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:28 am

Alan Rickman! :shock: *Faints* I was only just drooling over him in Die Hard on Saturday night!

I've met loads of famous people through conventions and such, but bumped into very few. None of late!

I did stand about 6 feet away from Joe McGann about 8 years ago on a tube platform in Maida Vale. He sat about 3 seats behind my friend and I. We were tempted to go say hi, but we chickened out!

Linda Bellingham came into H. Samuel when I worked there. Her card was refused and the woman who served her took great pride in cutting it up infront of Linda! :lol: It was really funny!

The woman who plays Daisy in Keeping Up Apperences also came in when I was working there, but no exciting stories about her. I think she bought a Cherrished Teddy or some such crap!

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:04 pm

Hello there star spotters ...

Well in the festival recently i saw walking down the street or milling around the Pleasance courtyard Jerry Sadowitz, John Hegley & Jimmy Carr ... thats all this festival but a friend of mine saw Ricky Gervais and sat in the still warm seat he vacated.

I saw ralph fiennes on the royal mile a couple months ago chewing on a matchstick and he was really ordinary looking which was a disappointment but quite tall ...

On the other hand, I saw Radio 1 DJ Colin Murray at a cafe called Favorit and in real life he is REALLY VERY ATTRACTIVE. I was shocked cos he looks like a skinny dweeb on TV.

Sefi x

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:13 pm

Oh there are loads of people there ... its quite a nice place to sit outside if the weather holds out.

Jimmy Carr is famous for loitering and waiting to be recognised. You will probably see him ...

I tend not to bother approaching celebs in real life even if i like them. i feel like a dork going up to someone saying "oh i'm a big fan blablahblah" - it would seem so awkward. :oops:

Sefi x

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:57 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:On the other hand, I saw Radio 1 DJ Colin Murray at a cafe called Favorit and in real life he is REALLY VERY ATTRACTIVE. I was shocked cos he looks like a skinny dweeb on TV.
Wow!!! I love Colin Murray. His accent is so mmmmmmmmm.

I saw Richard and Judy in Disney Land Paris a few years ago. That is it really.

I would leave celebs alone if i met one. Unless i was a big fan. :D
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:06 pm

i remeber me and my dad went to london together and we saw timothy dalton (on of the James Bonds) sat on a bench along the south bank reading a script. we spotted him and just stood quite far from him! my dad couldn't believe it
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:14 pm

well I met feeder at a record signing and got a kiss from grant :lol: and I met my ruin at a gig, unfortunately I didnt met tairrie but I was at the very front and got to hold her hand, sing with her etc.

steph x

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:52 pm

I like the other one in Feeder, Taka something... He's fit.

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:08 pm

I met john too, but to be very honest he wasn't that friendly he was talking on his mobile and it was a signing, how rude!

steph x

Jenny\'s Toilet

Post by Jenny\'s Toilet » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:13 pm

I've met Rik Mayall, probably my biggest acheivement to date, and saw Ade Edmondson, Debbie Harry of Blondie but didn't speak to them, also met my fave band 'The Damned', I have so much more groud to cover this lifetime though, the Gents for starters! :D

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:22 pm

Where I used to work as Hospitality Manager previously we used to have a lot of VIP dinners I was in charge of,well known guests were Joanne Lumley,Sir Steve Redgrave,Anita Brodrick,Kate Adie,John Snow,Claire Rayner, Gary Rhodes Loads more!

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:24 pm

My Dad went to school with Terrance Stamp. If I really want to piss him off I just say, "So, how's Terrance these days then Dad?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:17 pm

CBBC has a crap show called stacy stone, dunno if its on down south but anyway two of the people who star in it were in the year above me arrogant tw*ts but there you go, you guys should watch it is ebarrassingly bad.

steph x

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:48 pm

I saw that show. i bloody hated it.
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:59 pm

I know bloody awful! just liked to laugh at the folk in my school!

steph x

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:30 pm

i went to see Stewart lee (from Fist of Fun and Lee & herring fame) last night at the Underbelly in Edinburgh. he was really good and my friend i was with (acquaintance from another website) knew him so i was introduced and shook his hand ... which was nice!

Sefi x

PS - 4th time i saw Jimmy carr and his fat face hanging around the Pleasance Courtyard. he is there ALL THE TIME! I heard a rumour he took mind-control lessons from Derren Brown so he can use them to further his career. No really - apparently he did!