Blackadder

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

whats the best

blackadder
No votes
blackadder ii
40%
blackadder the third
9%
blackadder goes fourth
24%
like em all
27%
absolutley hate them
No votes

Total votes: 45

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:01 pm

I can't believe I've not posted in this thread before now!!! I was certain that I had! I may have wibbled over Elizabethan Edmund elsewhere though.

I voted for series2...not just for beardy Edmund (what is it with beards at the moment....eh?) but cos of all the piss taking of Shakespeare...Queenie....Flasheart in a dress...

My fave episode of this series is probably Head...i think that's it's name...the one where Blackaddergets made into Lord High Executioner.

Third series really grew on me...I didn't like it as much when I was young (I started watching Blackedder when I was about 10!!) but now there's loads of stuff I love. The episode with the actors is genius..."hot potatoe, orchestra stalls, but we'll make amends...OUCH!"

And although it used to bug me, I can't get enought of the episode where they get left the dictionary. Robbie Coltrane is awesome and when him and the other poets go to kill Blackadder I love it when one says something along the lines of "Open this door at once...or i shall kill you all by giving you syphillis!!"

Must re-watch!

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:04 am

"Open this door at once...or i shall kill you all by giving you syphillis!!"
Ah, he says it with such vigour! That's EXACTLY how I imagine Byron was.

Even though I think the third comes in third, it still has many excellent moments. The Prince being unable to put his trousers on. Stephen Fry walloping him and then when he stands up, his hair's all wonky. Him thinking that acting is real. The Shadow turning out to be Miranda Richardson. Plus I think it's the one with "Madder than Mick McMad, winner of last year's Mr Madman competition". A robber button. Pitt the embryo. The Prince and the pauper and the porpoise. And Chris Barrie as a French revolutionary, hung like a baby carrot and two petit pois.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 am

What quote can possibly beat "You look like a bird who swallowed a plate"?

EDIT - possibly "In our house, Nathaniel sits on a spike. And I sit on Nathaniel; for two spikes would be an extravagence".

:lol:

*Needs to watch again*
ImageImageImage

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:19 am

In our house, Nathaniel sits on a spike.
Ah, the way Miriam Margoyles says that! I could kiss her rolling voice.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:23 am

Even though I think the third comes in third, it still has many excellent moments. The Prince being unable to put his trousers on. Stephen Fry walloping him and then when he stands up, his hair's all wonky. Him thinking that acting is real. The Shadow turning out to be Miranda Richardson. Plus I think it's the one with "Madder than Mick McMad, winner of last year's Mr Madman competition". A robber button. Pitt the embryo. The Prince and the pauper and the porpoise. And Chris Barrie as a French revolutionary, hung like a baby carrot and two petit pois.
Pitt the glint in the milkman's eye. Standing at the back dressed stupidly and looking stupid party. McAdder whittling a statue of the infant Samuel at prayer. The Ravelling Nancy. Anti-distinctly-minty. Mr Hardwood (best comedy Northerner EVAH). "MacBeth". An oppressed mass. Lady Hamilton's pussy. Dr Johnson. Mad King George "my son I vant you to marry dis little rose tree!". Shiny toilet paper and boring trousers. Tiny tit with a beard.

I love Third. It is my - erm - second i think ... i can't pick. It's a Sophie's Choice this one!!!! You know that part of the history course at Glasgow - they show the election episode as a pretty accurate reflection of what it was like in the 18th century (except the Daschunds naturally). And i love the titles of the episodes "Sense and Senility". Ace!

And i love Miriam Margoyles is fabulous. "Devil's Dumplings!". And "it's the Catholics next door. I'll just go and burn them". But my favourite is Miranda ...

"I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman but i have the heart and the stomach of a CONCRETE ELEPHANT!" :lol:

What about the Xmas special - Jim Broadbent as Prince Albert (he was the HI-larious Spanish translator in First) and the futuristic eps "Hail to thee my triple husbandnoid!". So funny. :)

Sefi x

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:12 pm

Viper wrote:
"Open this door at once...or i shall kill you all by giving you syphillis!!"
Ah, he says it with such vigour! That's EXACTLY how I imagine Byron was.

Stephen Fry walloping him and then when he stands up, his hair's all wonky.
You knwo I'm actually changing my opinion and I think I may now prefer series3....I'd forgotten about 'SHOUT, SHOUT AND SHOUT AGAIN!!' and Stephen Fry kicking Hugh Laurie when he brings the coffee...'where did you go for it...INDIA.....CHINA.....CEYLON???'

Oh and the first ep with Pitt- 'I remember standing in the cold schoolroom a hot crumpet burning my cheeks with shame' and also Dunny-on-the-Wold with....a datschund called Colin!!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:51 pm

My favourite thing about Series 3 is the Prince learning how to speak with the actors. The stance and the bellow!!!! So funny!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:12 pm

Blackadder 2 is, and always has been, my favourite, but it's only marginally behind Goes Forth. I discount the first series 'cos it's impossible to fancy Blackadder in it. Oh, and it's not funny either! :P I do love 3, but it just doesn't have as many brilliant bits as the others. Although I do remember sitting on the stairs and watching it through the bannisters as a kid because my parents had sent me to bed!

4 is brilliant because it's the most historical - even at university, they were still showing us clips of it during lectures! Favourite line is probably: "I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell." I use that a lot. :D

I want the DVD boxset. :( :(

*goes out to rob bank*
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:25 pm

Yeah love that line.

I have the boxset! Damn there being no extras though. If they ever bring it out again with extras I would so get it! Surely they could get Fry & Laurie etc together to do a commentary. It would be amazing!

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:19 am

I have them all on video and I'm not gonna get them on DVD until they release it with decent extras, I really wish they would :(

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:28 pm

Anti-distinctly-minty.
CONCRETE ELEPHANT
Love her over-emphasis, there.
'I remember standing in the cold schoolroom a hot crumpet burning my cheeks with shame'
My favourite thing about Series 3 is the Prince learning how to speak with the actors. The stance and the bellow!!!! So funny!
I forgot about that! When he goes ROOOOOOOOAR! And then starts speaking normally.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:43 pm

Viper wrote:
I forgot about that! When he goes ROOOOOOOOAR! And then starts speaking normally.
I know! It is my favourite bit of the entire series. Never fails to make me laugh. :D

Series 4:

"Don't slouch Darling" when Flashheart has knocked him out. Stephen is sexy because of his authority. They are all sexy for one reason or another. Apart from maybe Baldrick. But he's cute!

Damali
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Damali » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:53 pm

I'VE JUST FOUND OUT THAT ONE OF MY FRIENDS IN SCHOOL'S BIG SISTER IS GOING OUT WITH TONY ROBINSON :shock: ! Hehe I'm not a massive blackadder fan but I told my friend Rachel who is and she died! She now wants to meet "Baldrick" but I'm not too sure wether she will be able to or not. There is quite a big age gap (mayeb about 30 years)between Tony and my friends big sister but it's pretty cool eh? At the moment she's trying to get his autograph for me and Rachel, so I will scan it and post it up here if I do get one, can't promise anything though! :D
Image Image Image

I am his wife now
Local Shop Owner!

Post by I am his wife now » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:47 pm

Now I can go round saying "Someone I know vaugley's friends sister is going out with tony robinson!" :lol: :wink:

Oh, and back to bladders
I think serise three might just be my fav. probably because I love the whole georgian era more than elizabethan and WWI, rather than the comedy.
Image Image

Princess Profitt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Princess Profitt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:53 pm

I hated the first series,but loved all the rest. My fave is probably the second or third, but the end scene form series 4 was very moving. Infact i cried. <embarassed face>
"Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for W*******"(Peep Show)
"I won the mums!!!"