Monty Python

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:07 pm

Hm... favourite Python film? That is indeed a difficult question to answer. I like them all! :D Sometimes I prefer Holy Grail but at the moment I think that Brian is great. And Meaning of Life is not as bad as everyone keeps saying. There's some classic bits in it. "Tiger" in the jungle, the sex education etc. Sure, it's a bit random in some points but nonetheless - I like it. :)

EDIT: I have the Flying Circus box set with all four series! It is from the US but it's Region 0. So you can watch it on European dvd players as well.

eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!
Location: Sitting at a computer in one of the most boring towns in the North

Post by eskewedbeef!!! » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:30 pm

Aino wrote: EDIT: I have the Flying Circus box set with all four series! It is from the US but it's Region 0. So you can watch it on European dvd players as well.
Would that work on an English DVD player? Or would it have to be multi-regional? I've heard that you can change it with a few buttons...
"Then the highlight was a stoat rigor mortis..."

ImageImage

Mr Papa Lazarou
Distant Relative

Post by Mr Papa Lazarou » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:31 pm

My favourite is Meaning Of Life. Brian is my least favourite.
"Get sat down if you like" Image Image

Herr Lip: "Justin, Justin, my very own Justin"

innocence
A Local

Post by innocence » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:16 pm

Aino wrote:EDIT: I have the Flying Circus box set with all four series! It is from the US but it's Region 0. So you can watch it on European dvd players as well.
Ooh... but I don't have a region free DVD player, so it might not work. I wouldn't have enough money anyway :(

Thought I'd say that this is one of my favourite sketches ever. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't on the Best of DVD, but I saw it when FC was on Paramount 2 for a while. *scrambles around internet trying to find screencaps seeming as she is a cap fiend*
Image Image

eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Post by eskewedbeef!!! » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:42 pm

innocence wrote: Thought I'd say that this is one of my favourite sketches ever. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't on the Best of DVD, but I saw it when FC was on Paramount 2 for a while. *scrambles around internet trying to find screencaps seeming as she is a cap fiend*
Haha! Same here!

:wink:

I also love this sketch is great as well!

When you watch it, it's just so funny! You can't believe that it was writeen decades ago!

ImageImage

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:24 pm

eskewedbeef!!! wrote:
Aino wrote: EDIT: I have the Flying Circus box set with all four series! It is from the US but it's Region 0. So you can watch it on European dvd players as well.
Would that work on an English DVD player? Or would it have to be multi-regional? I've heard that you can change it with a few buttons...
innocence wrote:Ooh... but I don't have a region free DVD player, so it might not work. I wouldn't have enough money anyway :(
It should work on all dvd players because it's "code free"/Region 0. :) So yes, I think it should work on English dvd players as well.

eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Post by eskewedbeef!!! » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:25 pm

Woo!!

Where did you buy it from? Amazon.com or something?

ImageImage

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:32 pm

eskewedbeef!!! wrote:Woo!!

Well, not exactly... amazon doesn't have a branch in Finland. :wink: I ordered it from a Finnish internet shop. But if I'm not completely wrong, there should be a Region 2 version of the box set released some time next year! (if you have the patience to wait that long) :D

eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Post by eskewedbeef!!! » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:01 pm

Aino wrote:
eskewedbeef!!! wrote:Woo!!

Well, not exactly... amazon doesn't have a branch in Finland. :wink: I ordered it from a Finnish internet shop. But if I'm not completely wrong, there should be a Region 2 version of the box set released some time next year! (if you have the patience to wait that long) :D
Oh cool!! I could wait until about February, but I may have to sucumb and buy after that.

ImageImage

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:52 pm

eskewedbeef, be strong! You'll get it! Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next month... but you'll get it, you have to! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right. I'm interested in seeing what kind of Python collections people have. Is Monty Python an obsession to you? Do you have a ridiculous amount of Python stuff (usefull and useless)? Or are you the kind of person who thinks it's just nice to have a few things? I'm probably somewhere in between those two. :)

Here's a pic of my tiny collection (I'm sorry about the quality, I took it with my phone):

I also have a few Python related dvds:

- Fawlty Towers
- Ripping Yarns
- A Fish called Wanda
- How to irritate people

... And I got a red T-shirt made with a text "Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" :D I wish I could get some of those official Python T-shirts though. With pictures and all. :roll:

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:09 pm

Tinkerbell2 wrote:Hmmm, your a fan then?! :lol: I've never seen it before (I won't ask if it's any good coz it obviously is!).
Yes, I'm a fan - just a bit. :wink:

You've never seen Monty Python? Not even one episode of the Flying Circus or a movie? :shock: You poor, poor girl. :wink:

eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Post by eskewedbeef!!! » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:43 pm

Well, I have:

*All the films
*I will be getting the autobiography for Christmas
*Live at Drury Lane CD
*Life of Brian Audio version on CD
*Scriptbook of Life of Brian

Also just bought Ripping Yarns on DVD and I have Fawlty Towers on video and a scriptbook of both Ripping Yarns and Fawlty Towers.

And soon the complete Flying Circus please please please!!.

So, not much...

And my mum has a load of Michael Palin books signed by him as well. I'm so jealous!!

Hey Aino, I've just realised where your "I don't like being called Eddie-baby!" comes from now!!
I've just been watching it now!

:lol: :lol:

ImageImage

Aino
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Aino » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:48 pm

Ooh, you have some nice stuff eskewedbeel! :D I wish I could get more Python CDs. I only have Monty Python sings, Previous album and Another album.

Oh yeah, I love that "Eddie-baby" skecth too! It's one of my favourites. John and Graham are both brilliant in it. :D

eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Post by eskewedbeef!!! » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:35 pm

Aino wrote:Ooh, you have some nice stuff eskewedbeel! :D I wish I could get more Python CDs. I only have Monty Python sings, Previous album and Another album.

Oh yeah, I love that "Eddie-baby" skecth too! It's one of my favourites. John and Graham are both brilliant in it. :D
There are about seven different albums on amazon.co.uk! And i want, nay, NEED all of them! And the script books from Flying Circus *eye twitch*

ImageImage

innocence
A Local

Post by innocence » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:04 pm

I have got...
* all of the movies on DVD
* Best of Flying Circus/Live at Aspen on DVD
* Do Not Adjust Your Set on DVD
* Monty Python Live at Drury Lane on my p.c

... that's it :lol:. But there are a few Python-related things on my Christmas list such as their autobiography and At Last the 1948 Show. :D
Image Image