Monty Python

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby Ross\'s girlfriend » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:52 pm

there are too many favourite sketches.... love the working class playwrite, upper class twit of the year show and gumby.
My drama group did an evening of python sketches in january and it was brilliant! :D
Ross\'s girlfriend

Postby Tubby Little Titwitch » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:14 pm

personal favourite sketches include the worlds funniest joke, including the 'rather poor taste' hitler joke with it, and the camp soldiers. whenever i want cheering up i think of john cleese camping it up in military uniform and going 'ooooooooh!' and i puts a huge grin on my face!

oh, and the musical mice! hahahahahahahahahahaha! i really very nearly died when i first saw that! :P

If I were a moth I'd smash myself against your body.
Tubby Little Titwitch
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby cupid stunt » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:17 pm

My favourite Monty Python sketches have to be the upperclass twit of the year, the poofy judges, camp soldiers, the idiot in society, the policemen with the silly voices, ministry of silly walks, the silly vicar, the Hungarian phrasebook... I don't think my list ever ends...
cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Postby eskewedbeef!!! » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:43 pm

thought I'd drege up this thread, seen as though we've all been perving over Michael Palin and I've been talking about it lerds.

Just watched "And now for something completely differnet" and I'd forgotten how funny it was!! Which is everyone's favourite film?
"Then the highlight was a stoat rigor mortis..."

ImageImage
eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Location: Sitting at a computer in one of the most boring towns in the North

Postby innocence » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:51 pm

Ah, yes. Perving. *evil cackle evil cackle, cough*

I got the Best of DVD set on Saturday... it's abso-bloody-lutely brilliant! I had seen all the films before, and I think my favourite film is the Holy Grail.

I've been annoying everyone by quoting sketches, specifically the Hungarian Phrasebook and the Lumberjack song ones. Really annoying everyone. :P
Image Image
innocence
Local Shop Owner!

Postby eskewedbeef!!! » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:01 pm

The DVD set is good isn't it? I almost fainted at how cheap it was on Amazon. Now, all I need is the entire set of Flying Circus DVDs...

Ah well, Christmas is a-coming...

ImageImage
eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Postby innocence » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:03 pm

They only do the entire set in region 1, confonnit. At the moment anyway.

I spent all Saturday searching for the Best of, and found it for £22.99 in WHSmiths.

*waits impatiently until whole series is released*
Image Image
innocence
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Aino » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:07 pm

Hm... favourite Python film? That is indeed a difficult question to answer. I like them all! :D Sometimes I prefer Holy Grail but at the moment I think that Brian is great. And Meaning of Life is not as bad as everyone keeps saying. There's some classic bits in it. "Tiger" in the jungle, the sex education etc. Sure, it's a bit random in some points but nonetheless - I like it. :)

EDIT: I have the Flying Circus box set with all four series! It is from the US but it's Region 0. So you can watch it on European dvd players as well.
Aino
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby eskewedbeef!!! » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:30 pm

Aino wrote:EDIT: I have the Flying Circus box set with all four series! It is from the US but it's Region 0. So you can watch it on European dvd players as well.

Would that work on an English DVD player? Or would it have to be multi-regional? I've heard that you can change it with a few buttons...

ImageImage
eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Mr Papa Lazarou » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:31 pm

My favourite is Meaning Of Life. Brian is my least favourite.
"Get sat down if you like" Image Image

Herr Lip: "Justin, Justin, my very own Justin"
Mr Papa Lazarou
Distant Relative

Postby innocence » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:16 pm

Aino wrote:EDIT: I have the Flying Circus box set with all four series! It is from the US but it's Region 0. So you can watch it on European dvd players as well.

Ooh... but I don't have a region free DVD player, so it might not work. I wouldn't have enough money anyway :(

Thought I'd say that this is one of my favourite sketches ever. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't on the Best of DVD, but I saw it when FC was on Paramount 2 for a while. *scrambles around internet trying to find screencaps seeming as she is a cap fiend*
Image Image
innocence
Local Shop Owner!

Postby eskewedbeef!!! » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:42 pm

innocence wrote:Thought I'd say that this is one of my favourite sketches ever. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't on the Best of DVD, but I saw it when FC was on Paramount 2 for a while. *scrambles around internet trying to find screencaps seeming as she is a cap fiend*

Haha! Same here!

:wink:

I also love this sketch is great as well!

When you watch it, it's just so funny! You can't believe that it was writeen decades ago!

ImageImage
eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Aino » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:24 pm

eskewedbeef!!! wrote:
Would that work on an English DVD player? Or would it have to be multi-regional? I've heard that you can change it with a few buttons...

innocence wrote:Ooh... but I don't have a region free DVD player, so it might not work. I wouldn't have enough money anyway :(

It should work on all dvd players because it's "code free"/Region 0. :) So yes, I think it should work on English dvd players as well.
Aino
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby eskewedbeef!!! » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:25 pm

Woo!!

Where did you buy it from? Amazon.com or something?

ImageImage
eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Aino » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:32 pm

eskewedbeef!!! wrote:Woo!!

Where did you buy it from? Amazon.com or something?

Well, not exactly... amazon doesn't have a branch in Finland. :wink: I ordered it from a Finnish internet shop. But if I'm not completely wrong, there should be a Region 2 version of the box set released some time next year! (if you have the patience to wait that long) :D
Aino
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to More Comedy