Monty Python

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby eskewedbeef!!! » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:01 pm

Aino wrote:
eskewedbeef!!! wrote:Woo!!

Where did you buy it from? Amazon.com or something?

Well, not exactly... amazon doesn't have a branch in Finland. :wink: I ordered it from a Finnish internet shop. But if I'm not completely wrong, there should be a Region 2 version of the box set released some time next year! (if you have the patience to wait that long) :D

Oh cool!! I could wait until about February, but I may have to sucumb and buy after that.
"Then the highlight was a stoat rigor mortis..."

ImageImage
eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Location: Sitting at a computer in one of the most boring towns in the North

Postby Aino » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:52 pm

eskewedbeef, be strong! You'll get it! Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next month... but you'll get it, you have to! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right. I'm interested in seeing what kind of Python collections people have. Is Monty Python an obsession to you? Do you have a ridiculous amount of Python stuff (usefull and useless)? Or are you the kind of person who thinks it's just nice to have a few things? I'm probably somewhere in between those two. :)

Here's a pic of my tiny collection (I'm sorry about the quality, I took it with my phone):

I also have a few Python related dvds:

- Fawlty Towers
- Ripping Yarns
- A Fish called Wanda
- How to irritate people

... And I got a red T-shirt made with a text "Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" :D I wish I could get some of those official Python T-shirts though. With pictures and all. :roll:
Aino
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Aino » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:09 pm

Tinkerbell2 wrote:Hmmm, your a fan then?! :lol: I've never seen it before (I won't ask if it's any good coz it obviously is!).

Yes, I'm a fan - just a bit. :wink:

You've never seen Monty Python? Not even one episode of the Flying Circus or a movie? :shock: You poor, poor girl. :wink:
Aino
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby eskewedbeef!!! » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:43 pm

Well, I have:

*All the films
*I will be getting the autobiography for Christmas
*Live at Drury Lane CD
*Life of Brian Audio version on CD
*Scriptbook of Life of Brian

Also just bought Ripping Yarns on DVD and I have Fawlty Towers on video and a scriptbook of both Ripping Yarns and Fawlty Towers.

And soon the complete Flying Circus please please please!!.

So, not much...

And my mum has a load of Michael Palin books signed by him as well. I'm so jealous!!

Hey Aino, I've just realised where your "I don't like being called Eddie-baby!" comes from now!!
I've just been watching it now!

:lol: :lol:

ImageImage
eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Aino » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:48 pm

Ooh, you have some nice stuff eskewedbeel! :D I wish I could get more Python CDs. I only have Monty Python sings, Previous album and Another album.

Oh yeah, I love that "Eddie-baby" skecth too! It's one of my favourites. John and Graham are both brilliant in it. :D
Aino
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby eskewedbeef!!! » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:35 pm

Aino wrote:Ooh, you have some nice stuff eskewedbeel! :D I wish I could get more Python CDs. I only have Monty Python sings, Previous album and Another album.

Oh yeah, I love that "Eddie-baby" skecth too! It's one of my favourites. John and Graham are both brilliant in it. :D

There are about seven different albums on amazon.co.uk! And i want, nay, NEED all of them! And the script books from Flying Circus *eye twitch*

ImageImage
eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Postby innocence » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:04 pm

I have got...
* all of the movies on DVD
* Best of Flying Circus/Live at Aspen on DVD
* Do Not Adjust Your Set on DVD
* Monty Python Live at Drury Lane on my p.c

... that's it :lol:. But there are a few Python-related things on my Christmas list such as their autobiography and At Last the 1948 Show. :D
Image Image
innocence
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Localhobbit » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:04 pm

I didn't know they even had comedy in Finland, owing to their legendary shyness ;)

innocence, how is Do Not Adjust Your Set? I keep meaning to pick it up.

Maybe someone could help, even though I have the complete Python I have yet to run across a favorite sketch of mine, the Germans vs. the Greeks (philosophers) in a soccer match, an absolute scream, Karl Marx is a surprise substitution for the germans, does anyone know which episode that's in?
Localhobbit

Postby eskewedbeef!!! » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:20 pm

innocence wrote:I have got...
* all of the movies on DVD
* Best of Flying Circus/Live at Aspen on DVD
* Do Not Adjust Your Set on DVD
* Monty Python Live at Drury Lane on my p.c

... that's it :lol:. But there are a few Python-related things on my Christmas list such as their autobiography and At Last the 1948 Show. :D

and you'll get Life of Brian CD on next Friday :wink:

Don't worry innocence, we WILL get the complete box set!!

Dammit, even if we have to go to America to get it!!

ImageImage
eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!

Postby innocence » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:53 pm

Localhobbit wrote:innocence, how is Do Not Adjust Your Set? I keep meaning to pick it up.

I personally really like it! It's very similar to Python in it's humour (seeming as it was written by three of them), and I thoroughly enjoy watching it. It's much better than modern day kids' shows, I tell ya that! :wink:

I did a Google trawl yesterday and found no signs of a possible release of the complete boxset... but I've got to try and stay positive!
innocence
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Aino » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:31 pm

Localhobbit wrote:I didn't know they even had comedy in Finland, owing to their legendary shyness ;)

Gee, thanks... :wink: But it's partly true. I only have two friends who like British comedy and Python. They're the only ones with whom I can talk about these things.

My cousin introduced me to Monty Python. She showed me Life of Brian. I was quite young at the time, so obviously I didn't get all the jokes. But fortunately I re-discovered them about three years ago.

Maybe someone could help, even though I have the complete Python I have yet to run across a favorite sketch of mine, the Germans vs. the Greeks (philosophers) in a soccer match, an absolute scream, Karl Marx is a surprise substitution for the germans, does anyone know which episode that's in?

That sketch is not in any of the Flying circus episodes. It was originally in the second German episode (Fliegender Zirkus). And it's also shown in the Monty Python Live at Hollywood Bowl. But if you have the complete Flying Circus box set, you should find that sketch in the extras. I can't remember which disc it is on.
Aino
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Localhobbit » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:04 pm

Aino, thanks for the info regarding the philosophers soccer match, I've been pulling my hair out trying to find it, well, maybe the hair out of my back anyway.
I'll have to look for it in the extras, it's an alltime fave of mine. Do they have good beer in Finland?

What's this about the box set not being available? Where? I've had it here in Yankland for 6 months or more.

*Edited into one post by mod*
Localhobbit

Postby Aino » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:34 pm

Localhobbit wrote:Aino, thanks for the info regarding the philosophers soccer match, I've been pulling my hair out trying to find it, well, maybe the hair out of my back anyway.
I'll have to look for it in the extras, it's an alltime fave of mine. Do they have good beer in Finland?

Glad that I could help. :)

Um... good beer? I wouldn't know, I'm not really a drinker. :D
Aino
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby innocence » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:58 pm

Right, because I'm bloody desperate, I'm taking this into consideration. Seeming as I don't speak Finnish, I can't order a region 0 set like Aino did, so I'm thinking about buying them individually from here. No apparent extra DVDs... argh, this is frustrating! No signs of a region 2 release or it being on TV some time soon! Argh!!! *rips out hair*

What do you think... should I wait?
Image Image
innocence
Local Shop Owner!

Postby innocence » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:07 pm

Just thought I'd say for all you UK peeps that Paramount 2 are showing lerds of FC over Christmas!

Looky here

:D
Image Image
innocence
Local Shop Owner!

PreviousNext

Return to More Comedy