Fun At The Funeral Parlour

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:43 pm

Long play - i'll PM you if you tell me when you have done it.

Cheers m'deary

Sefi x

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:53 pm

LOL it may take a while but yeah, I'll update you on the progress ;)

Braintree

Post by Braintree » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:07 pm

SailorEarth wrote:Ooh Swiss Toni's great. That needs to come out on DVD as well ;)

Tis cool that you liked FatFP :D I've got some people who've asked for copies, so I'll be working on getting them done hopefully this weekend (work has been evil lately and not giving me enough time, grr!).

What did you think of Nutkins? ;)

I adore Charlie Higson. I've seen a lot of Fast Shows recently and I forgot how good an actor he is and what lovely dimples he has.
I'm very shallow, sorry.

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:13 am

Hehe nah, tis cool. Charlie's great ;)

My favourite character is actually Arwell, but I love them all really.

Isaac Hunt... ;) :lol: That's just funny in itself ;) (and he's played by Matt Lucas, wheee!)

Anyway. For others who may be interested in copies, my b/f and I will be happy to do them, it may just take a while. Here are our usual "specifics"

We won't accept money, coz we might get into trouble (copyright, etc...). We're mainly interested in trade, so we'll do the copies, and the interested buyer will send us something back in return. You could have both series' on one four hour tape on Long Play, or split them across three 3 hour tapes on Short Play. They are in stereo and will have any ads removed.

I would highly recommend the Long Play option though, because that would be a lot easier for us with packaging, etc...

But anyways, yeah... That's basically it. It would be ideal if this series could be released on DVD, but... We just don't know if/when that may happen. Perhaps one of those Petitions is in order? ;)

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:28 am

We won't accept money, coz we might get into trouble (copyright, etc...). We're mainly interested in trade, so we'll do the copies, and the interested buyer will send us something back in return. You could have both series' on one four hour tape on Long Play, or split them across three 3 hour tapes on Short Play. They are in stereo and will have any ads removed.

I would highly recommend the Long Play option though, because that would be a lot easier for us with packaging, etc...
One Long Play tape would be nice - i dunno what i could give you in return. I'll PM you something about that deary cos i might have one or two options.

Sefi x

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:01 am

Tis ok, I'm sure we'll be able to work out something :)

Hehe it's like I'm running my own little online trading thing here...

But it's cool. More people need to see FatFP ;) Then we can all write angry letters to the BBC to get them to release it on DVD or something ;)

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:40 am

Ooh firstly, soz for the "double post", but I figure it might not be so bad, seeing as the last one was made in July, LOL!

I was really just "bumping" this thread to find out what the people I made copies for thought of the series? It's great, isn't it? Well I hope you thought so ;) It needs to be seen by more people, that's for sure...

The offer of making copies is on hold for the moment though, as it took quite a while and it wasn't exactly cheap to do (Australian Postage is expensive. It cost AU$20-25 to send two videos to the UK - that's more than the blank tapes themselves cost to buy! O_O )

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:32 am

Woo bumping an old thread again ;) But I bring good news...

It appears FatFP is finally going to be released on DVD!

It's almost too good to be true!

Send It link

Amazon UK link

Play link

September...

The fact that it's being advertised at different places makes me feel that it could really be happening. I just hope it doesn't suffer the same "fate" as the supposed Swiss Toni DVD... (it was meant to come out a month or so ago but it seems to have been put back).

Ooooo I hope it does come out! This show deserves a DVD release! :) That way more people can see how great it is ;)

Princess Profitt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Princess Profitt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:39 pm

I've never seen it, but it sounds good. I fear there may have to be a purchase...
"Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for W*******"(Peep Show)
"I won the mums!!!"

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:40 am

It's a fantastic series - it would be great if more people can see it, hehe! Then I'll have more people to discuss it with ;)

Princess Profitt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Princess Profitt » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:55 am

I shall make it my mission to purchase it and then discuss it on this very forum then! :D
"Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for W*******"(Peep Show)
"I won the mums!!!"

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:22 am

Brilliant, hehehe!

I just love the pop culture references in it really. And the "guest stars", hehehe... People from The Fast Show, Matt Lucas & David Walliams, Tom Baker, etc... ;)

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:39 pm

SailorEarth wrote: Amazon UK link

Ooo they have a cover there now! Although it looks a bit weird to me, LOL! ;) But it's still cool! Can't wait!

SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by SailorEarth » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:44 am

Seeing as my recent posts were eaten, I'll just have to bump this with some pics ;)

:lol:

:lol:

Hmmm.....

Hehehehe...

That'll do for now ;)

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:42 pm

Well I got this DVD early this week, I've long been intrigued by it, I've mainly heard good reviews of it, so thought I'd give it a whirl. Only seen the first ep so far....it does have the feel of something quite 'cult', and I hate saying that cos it sounds a bit silly.

I think as a new viewer it doesn't stand up as being brilliant, but just good...I think if I had fond memories of it and had worn out my old taped copies and was now finally seeing it on DVD I'd be enjoying it more....if that makes any sense. BUT I need to watch the rest of it....as the jury is out for the moment.

The first episode seemed to take the idea of the corpse being dragged about like it was alive a BIT too long...the whole montage of it...I mean, we got the point. But an actual LOL moment was when the guy was kissing tha woman when they were teenagers....and the Only Fools and Horses theme tune was on...

"Can I touch your..."

"#Bush bush bush bush bush bush bush#"

Oh and I see from your caps SE that M+W make an appearance :roll: they get about don't they :wink: