Lee & Herring

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby Beast » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:39 pm

Wow don't they all look young?! :shock:

You know what? I think Lee and Herring are why I got into comedy. I owe them a lot. :D
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Beast » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Who watched Stewart Lee's show? Yay! I was nicely surprised. I even laughed a bit. It was much better than his Stand-Up Comedian dvd which really disappointed me. This has given me faith in him again. I saw shades of the old Stewart eg the thing about hitting the guy's 'nice face'. Can't wait for the next ones now. :D Also, he has nice eyes. :)
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:41 pm

I saw this at Edinburgh so i knew what was coming with this first episode...and i did find it funny :).
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Beast » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:23 am

I forgot to say yay re Kevin Eldon and Paul Putner! It felt like new FOF/TMWRNJ! :D
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:49 am

I really liked Stewart Lee's new show. Really funny :) . Yay for Kevin Eldon, Miles Jupp, Simon Munnery and Peter Serafinowitz being involved. I can't wait until the next one.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Beast » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Well you don't have long! Tonight. :) I hope it's all as good. I'm not saying it's my fave thing ever or anything but I liked it!
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Beast » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Yay! Another good one. I was particularly happy at the return of the 28 years old jokes. Especially as I now am 28 years old. Is that weird? Haha! But it's a fave of mine.
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Yes it was another great show. I have to see him in Edinburgh this year. I loved the whole section he did about Delboy falling though the bar when he was laying on the floor banging his head on the floor :lol: .
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Re: Lee & Herring

Postby Beast » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby mama lazarou » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Stewart Lee was the only person I saw in The Fringe this year. I've never really watched any of his stuff but the guy I am seeing thinks he is a genius. Ended up getting to see his new show twice in the same day. I have to say it grew on me. It took me a while to get into his style, repetition and drawn out jokes. However in the second show he had to cut the set a bit and I found it alot more enjoyable less drawn out. We got to meet him too, my man friend ws very pleased. :)
mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Beast » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Cool. I enjoyed his show on BBC2 but to me they were so much better together. I liked the juvenility - is that a word? Being so clever they both now seem to feel the need to have there be a point to their work when sometimes I just think just be silly for the sake of it! They have kept a bit of that though which is good.

I read that Stewart had been really horrible about Richard Hammond saying he wished he'd died in that crash? Did he do that when you saw him? Was there any context to it that makes some sense of it cos surely there's just no need for that?
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby mama lazarou » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:44 pm

he did do a long Joke about Richard Hammond yeah. It was relating to how on Top Gear they often make tasteless jokes but claim "it's all O.K because it's just a joke". So Lee continued this saying he wished Hammond had died in the car crash, but it's O.K to say that because it's a just a joke. However he did add at the end "but i do actually mean that". Dunno if that makes any sense. Apparently Richard Hammond found the comment a bit harsh.
mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Beast » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Ah. That sounds like him totally. Well I can understand it then. Not that it's at all nice or called for though.
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Previous

Return to More Comedy