Lee & Herring

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:44 pm

Sorry, couldn't get on sooner. I tried when I got in but had no access due to the switching hosts or whatever and then I've been at home for Thurs and Fri and it's dial-up and also a bit messed up and faulty. So anyway, was really really good. There were 4 acts on which I didn't envisage, with Rich as the headliner so we had to wait a bit. But the others were entertaining. It was really busy. I think I heard a guy who worked there say usually there'd only be about 12 people there so yay for Rich being a crowd-puller! We managed to get seats on a sofa at one side of the room. As we were watching one of the acts I turned round and Rich was stood there about a metre away and he looked at me as I turned! So I was a bit distracted from then on! He was looking good. Except he had a tan leather or maybe swede jacket on, which I hate! :lol: Then I 'accidentally' brushed his jacket arm on my way back from the toilet!

So he was really funny. Didn't disappoint. And I fell totally in love with him again. He's so cute. Only thing was some girls talking distracted him (though I couldn't hear them from where I was) and he heckled with them for a while and then lost his flow and missed out some apparently so it went a bit downhill from there. But still good. All his ad-libbing was great. He did the flirty thing with a girl at the front and spoke of wanting to go back to his hotel with girls and was all self-deprecating with it. I bet stand-up is really lonely actually.

After it was over he went back to where he was at the side of me so I took a sly photo on my phone and watched him a bit as people approached him. One guy said 'How's Simon Quinlank?' And he said 'Fine thanks. He's a fictional character!'. The two drunk girls who he'd heckled really, rather than the other way round, were speaking to him as I left. Not sure if he was happy about that seen as they'd spoilt his show a bit. So as I walked past I smiled and said bye. He smiled back I think. :D So now I am in love! If only I had the courage to speak to him! It was my Julian encounter all over again, except I had longer to stare at him! Wish I could do it all again! Oh, and no mention of yoghurt that I can remember!
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:06 am

That's so cool Beast!! :D

It's such a shame that those two girls partly ruined it for you and for Rich. He should have just stood there going "AHHHHHHHHHH!" at them until they left or something!
But yay for him looking sexy and yay for him chatting up girls again like he did when I saw him! :D

Shame you didn't get to speak to him though.
ImageImage

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:56 am

I could so easily have spoken to him but what could I say that he hadn't heard a million times before?

On his blog on Thurs he said he had had a fun and lively gig in Sheffield last night, so yay! He enjoyed it! Wish I could see him again! Sigh!

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:36 pm

It's tough isn't it? Although I'm sure that whatever he's heard a thousand times it must still be nice to hear it from someone new.
ImageImage

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:34 pm

Aw, I love him! :D There have been L&H clips put up on YouTube since I last went on. Spent ages last night watching them all! :)

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:57 pm

There are?? I think I'll have to indluge myself with those a bit later on! :D
ImageImage

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Yes. Be careful! Once you start you can't stop! I was on for hours. It was Richard's fault for pointing me towards them in his blog.

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:30 pm

Me too! I was there for hours.

Yayy for a good gig. :D

I want to see your sly picture!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:07 pm

Did you read his blog about it being tragic that he was looking at clips of himself? Aw! I know I'd do it too. At least he has achieved something that he can look at clips of!

My pic is rubbish. But if you insist I could email it to myself. Can I post it on here? Beware though, it is really rubbish! Doesn't stop it being my current phone background though! Did I mention I'm in love with him?! :lol:

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:24 pm

Ok. I was a bit confused then about if I could post it for some reason! There's a random in it too - the compere who was a bit like Stephen Merchant! I really must warn you again though it is so rubbish. Maybe I can zoom in on it or something. Back in a bit....

I apologise again for the quality and rubbishness. Hope none of you got your hopes up!:

Last edited by Beast on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:37 pm

Thanks PNW. I can't really be bothered though. :lol: I have Paint but the zoom just makes it all massive! Haha!

It does look a lot better on my phone when I zoom in. You can actually see his face! Why didn't I just ask him to pose for a pic?! :roll:

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:58 pm

Aww! Thanks for posting the pic!
The random does look like Steve Merchant. :D

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:40 pm

Did anyone see Rich on Richard and Judy tonight? He mentioned he was on it in his blog but I'd totally forgotten and just happened to get home in time to see him on it! He looked amazing! :D

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:16 pm

Yeah I set the video for it cos I was at work.
He looked delish. :D
And said some very intelligent things, when Bonnie Greer allowed him to get a word in edgewise.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:13 pm

I did feel for him a bit with her wittering on and I see from his blog he wasn't happy.

Both Richard and Stewart are on The Culture Show tonight 7:20pm - 8:10pm talking about TedStock. I won't be able to watch it. Does anyone know if it's repeated?