Funland

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:44 pm

I only ever watched the first episode and then it went all weird when they decided to show the 2nd episode the next day so i couldn't catch up. Please be on bbc2 soon
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Emma_Tish-ue Shearsmith
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Emma_Tish-ue Shearsmith » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:47 pm

I really love Funland. You can really see a lot of Jeremy's ideas and creativity in the writing when watching.
Also, did anyone feel that it had a tiny bit of Vesuivus Club in last weeks episode, in reference to the sauna scene?

Sorry for sounding a bit weird :lol:

Emma T x
Dave, do you think the stick of igorance should be yellow?

Tender_Lumpling
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tender_Lumpling » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:10 pm

Argh, the nipples! That was so much more disturbing than anything else. :lol:
"How I feel in my mind
And how I live in the world
They are oceans apart"

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:09 pm

TL> I know what you mean I'm mentally scarred by Roy Barraclough's....I can't even bring myself to say it GAH! So wrong-diddly-wrong.

But back to Funland, I've really enjoyed it and it keeps getting better plot wise, I'm a little unsure about posting spoilers though I've seen up to episodes 6+7 now....this first bit isn't really a spoiler....

The acting of that 'foreign' character is the most annoying thing I've ever seen, I kept imagining how much better Steve would have been in such a nasty/sinister role....I was glad SPOILER ALERT

when he got shot, I thought it was the best bit of acting he did when he was being wheeled around Blackpool on the rollerskates. Nice to see Ambrose back again...hmmm nice cardi!

All in all I'm still slightly confused by some bits, but that's my own fault really. I just hope it gets a decent DVD release with a good commentary by Jezza and Simon *hopes*

MrsShearsmith
Local Shop Owner!

Post by MrsShearsmith » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:24 pm

I agree with you CL, as regards to the tiny writing! I really want to know who is in the monkey suit! At the end of the last two episodes, it shows you someone in a monkey suit but i think that would be too obvious now if it was them....unless they're double bluffing.... :roll: I saw the guy who plays Shirley on telly today! isn't he in the car ad with the two women dancing next to it on the beach?
"I do many things, I span the genres. They call me the Genre Spanner"

mowgli in flares
Local Shop Owner!

Post by mowgli in flares » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:35 pm

MrsShearsmith wrote: At the end of the last two episodes, it shows you someone in a monkey suit but i think that would be too obvious now if it was them....unless they're double bluffing.... :roll:
On the advert it shows Dudley and The Mayor in the monkey suit so it's pretty much open ...

MrsShearsmith
Local Shop Owner!

Post by MrsShearsmith » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:41 pm

Ahh didn't see the Mayor!
"I do many things, I span the genres. They call me the Genre Spanner"

Lottie
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Lottie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:15 pm

Did anyone else spot the shop next to Mercy's in last night's episode? It's a joke shop, called The Full Monty......
ImageImage

mowgli in flares
Local Shop Owner!

Post by mowgli in flares » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:22 pm

Last episodes tonight...

Lottie
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Lottie » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:47 am

VL - Episodes 10 & 11 were the last 2 & have just finished on BBC3. I guess they should probably be on uknova soon.

I LOVED the whole series, very dark & twisted & very funny. You could definitely see Jeremy's influence (all the filthy stuff! lol) I would have enjoyed the last 2 episodes more if I could have seen them properly! I got a freeview box 2 weeks ago, it's been fine up until tonight & just in time for the last 2 episodes, the picture on BBC3 (all other channels are ok!!) is CRAPP!! *Spolier* I guessed Carter was Mercy & Shirley's child, I guess that explains why Carter looks so odd!! lol I'm glad they left it open like they did, but I kind of hope they leave it there & don't do another series.

I heard that Jeremy & Simon Ashdown are going to work together on some other stuff, can't wait to see what else they come up with.
ImageImage

mowgli in flares
Local Shop Owner!

Post by mowgli in flares » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:36 pm

*Agrees with Spoiler thingy*

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:34 am

Add me to the list of those who loved the whole series! It was the right mix of drama, comedy and suspense, in my opinion. Even though it got a bit predictable towards the end, it certainly had me hooked from the first episode to the last. Many good characters... though I'm still not too fond of that guy who played Carter. But other than him, a wonderful cast!

Am I the only one found that one character, the one who wore glasses, had thinning hair and wore latex gloves all the time, incredibly creepy and almost nightmare inducing? *shudders* Imagine meeting him in a dark alley...

Hannah No-Tail
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Hannah No-Tail » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:12 am

I didn't see it *cries....alot*. I'm lucky if I can get BBC1 in my house nevermind BBC3. Both my mum and my brother promised they would tape it for me but they didn't. Damn them! *waves fist angrily in the air*

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:13 am

Good GOD. I just watched the last 8 episodes back to back.
::slightly tired::

How fantastic was that! (and I don't just mean my incredible marathon skills.) I didn't see most of those twists coming at all.

That creepy bloke that looks familiar, I think was on Bodies a couple of weeks ago playing a man who was doing unspeakable things with scissors to his own mum... I'm sensing a theme. :?

Tender_Lumpling
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tender_Lumpling » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:42 am

Help needed!

My telly was broken so I missed the last two episodes. Could someone please tell me what happened and how it all ended? Thanks. :)
"How I feel in my mind
And how I live in the world
They are oceans apart"