LITTLE BRITAIN 2005 TOUR ~SPOILERS~

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

misstoadfacedenton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by misstoadfacedenton » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 pm

Good review HLL. Hahahaa, much better then my *cartman voice* "ooooh, it was shiiit, I didn't enjoy it at all"

I have to agree, I was glad I went still and the set designs were amazing. I just didn't find it funny. *tucks into some cheesy poofs and Quavers*

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:40 pm

Herr_Lipp's_Lover wrote:Well I saw the Live show last night.
I think I saw you from where I was sitting. :)
And the ending with Daffid was fantastic. Best bit of the show by far. He even got interupted by Denise Van Outen and a camera crew from the Comedy awards to present the award.
I totally agree! Daffyd made it perfect for me. I enjoyed it lots, but in my mind I kept comparing to the Gents show, because I saw that one first. Which is quite bad. Still, I really enjoyed the show - even the characters that I didn't particularly like on telly!
I kept saying to Mike, shouldn't people be clapping/laughing here?
Best example of this was in Mr. Mann sketch - where I was sitting, I was the only person laughing! Seriously. What is wrong with people? (it was rather embarassing... my laugh tends to stand out anyway, but more so when it's quiet around you....)

Herr_Lipp\'s_Lover

Post by Herr_Lipp\'s_Lover » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:29 pm

I had a look for you, but I didn't see you! I was laughing with you at Mr Mann. It was a good show, very slick, and I was trying not to compare to the gents, but it was hard not to.

I wrote a longer review, of both on my blog
(click down there V )

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:10 pm

I am glad you both had a good time. We did try and see if we could spot you as the camara went round the audience.. but had no luck.

Can't believe no one was laughing to Mr. Mann. I loved that sketch. Oh and wasn't Wicky Woo so Herr Lipp though?
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:13 pm

Loooove that review in your blog, Adam. We had exactly the same thought about both shows! :)

Heh, bless ya Chez! So many people have said that to me today, but I was probably too far back to be seen.

And I didn't actually think that Des Kaye was *that* bad - apart from the obvious boy and sausage link. But the thing that I found really similar to the Gents was the teacher that David played - he was very Ollie Plimsolls. My best friend and I both turned to each other and said "Ollie!" as soon as he started moving around stage and talking in that excited way that Ollie does. I don't mean this as a horrible comment - just thought the character had the same mannerisms as Ollie.

Like I said, I don't want to compare to the Gents because that's bad! Last night actually made me realise that the two are very different. :)
Last edited by VoodooLinzi on Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:13 pm

Yeah, ah well. Did they say anothing after once the camara stopped rolling?
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:10 pm

VoodooLinzi wrote: And I didn't actually think that Des Kaye was *that* bad - apart from the obvious boy and sausage link. But the thing that I found really similar to the Gents was the teacher that David played - he was very Ollie Plimsolls. My best friend and I both turned to each other and said "Ollie!" as soon as he started moving around stage and talking in that excited way that Ollie does. I don't mean this as a horrible comment - just thought the character had the same mannerisms as Ollie.
Oh, I totally agree about the Ollie teacher. That grated a bit. With Des Kaye, I was thinking initially, "What? It's Herr Lipp!" And then David went further... and further... Heh, that was what was funny! :P

I totally get the hit-and-miss thing, but since that's what I expected from Little Britain, cos that's what the series has been like right from the beginning, I was totally fine with that.
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:26 am

I'm seeing it in a couple of weeks. Do they sign autographs after the show like the gents do? If so, what did they say to you and is it as easy to meet them as it is the gents.

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:10 pm

Yes they do sign stuff and they come out quicker than the gents which is appericated now its so bloody cold!!

And they are both lovely I think my first encounter with them is in this thread actually - but there both very easy to talk to :D

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:18 pm

Oh, Cool.

What did you say to them?

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:16 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I'm thinking of getting them or making them a present. Any ideas on what they'd like?

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:12 pm

I'm sure my first experience is in the little britain thread, theres a mention of it on the third page of here

Present wise I don't know, david likes doctor who

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:56 pm

Thanks. I'm going with my friend so he will finally meet a famous person.

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:12 am

I've decided to make a cake with my mum and put a little britain catchphrase on it: "We all love a bit of cake".

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:12 am

sugar_nips wrote: Present wise I don't know, david likes doctor who
He also likes tits.

Sorry, was that inappropriate? :twisted:
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."