LITTLE BRITAIN 2005 TOUR ~SPOILERS~

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:54 pm

My poor mother will have a coronary... we are second row... David's bits! Eeeek! :shock: :lol:
ImageImageImage

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:58 pm

Woohoo! I'm seeing them at Blackpool Opera (the same place I saw the Gents) in March & I've had my tickets for about a year now. It can't believe that it's almost here! :shock: :D

Do you get a chance to meet them afterwards? Because I've already been there for the Gent's I know where the stage door is & I want to say thank you to them for the lovely message they wrote on the photo they sent me! Still makes me chuffed to this day! :D

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:14 pm

Well I met them after 2 shows so I should think they'd be meeting fans after most of the dates

God they are so lovely as well!!! :D

I can't wait to see the show again in April!

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:05 pm

God, I hadn't realised little Britain were still touring...how long is it going on for? They seem to have been touring forever!!! I did think about going but...I kind of went off them a bit, i don't like stuff that has too much hype!
Sarah Chinnery wrote:Woohoo! I'm seeing them at Blackpool Opera (the same place I saw the Gents) in March
Oooh are you 'local' then?? I saw the gents on Halloween in Blackpool...where were you? I was front row =P~ so sad that they only did one show there as I would of gone back like a shot!! (I'm in Morecambe BTW)

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:52 pm

Its basically a year long tour it started in october and finshes this october/november time

They are very very busy boys!

Mrs Gaines
A Local

Post by Mrs Gaines » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:07 pm

Oh my gosh! I saw the show in Glasgow last night and it was amazing! SO well put together and the sets were amazing! And David and Matt kept corpsing throughout. The best bits were Matt having to start again during Vicky (David: "yeah, you've already said you were in mcdonalds" Matt: Yeah, i know but i have to go back to remember it all...!) It was so funny. And the game of hide the sausage...hehe the poor man! Oh...and Daffyd's dance...we very nearly wet ourselves!

I waited round the back after the show. I think some people met them inside but no idea how. They were standing about 3 meters from me at the stop of some steps chatting about whos room they were going to watch tv in that night, Matt didnt care as long as he got to watch something...! But when David came down the steps I completelt didnt recognise him...he stood outside his car smiling at me and obviously waiting for me to come over but I just stood there wondering why a strange man was smiling at me. My two friends stood behind me pissing themselves (they could have said something) He finally waved and got in the car and then it clicked...I very nearly threw myself in front of it! Whoops...dunno what came over me! But then Matt came out and I went up to him. His security guard told me to go away but he said it was fine and he signed by programme and was genuinely lovely! But I felt like a complete Muppet! Bet they were laughing at me in David's car....
He's had me do things that would make a whore blush.

I hate people who take drugs....customs officers for example.

You see, that is why you do not ask the moon.

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:54 am

Oooh are you 'local' then?? I saw the gents on Halloween in Blackpool...where were you? I was front row so sad that they only did one show there as I would of gone back like a shot!! (I'm in Morecambe BTW)
Yeah I saw them on Halloween at Blackpool too! :D I was 2 rows back from you then! Near the aisle on the left hand side with my Dad... :lol: I wish I'd of known at the time, I would of said Hello! :D

I'm from St.helens in Merseyside which is about 40mins away from Blackpool. I go there alot, well, I used to do. I've been to Morecambe btw, I loved it! I finally got to have my picture took with Eric Morecambe (the statue), made my month! :D

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:23 am

I'm probably over-reacting but...I saw the tour a couple of days ago with my friend and I loved the show. Afterwards I went to the stage door. The guy was blocking it and he couldn't speak engilsh so I asked someone else. She told me where to go. Me and my friend joined a group of about thirty people waiting for autographs outside. After fifteen minutes or so, they came out and everyone cheered. They didn't even look up. They got in a car and they drove right past us, honking at us and going down the motorway. This has spoilt the LOG and LB for me now so I won't be around for a while but I sure will make a complaint.
Last edited by Tipps on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:35 pm

Sorry it's spoiled things for you Tipps, but I don't see what good making a complaint would do.

Not sure why it's spoiled anything LOG related, though :? .
ImageImageImage

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:52 pm

Well we all agreed that we now dislike them enough to all send angry letters. So maybe if they getting forty of these complaints, they'll realise they are losing fans.

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:10 pm

YOu know maybe its all the venues fault?

I've met them three times after shows in Nottingham who set up signings inside the venue and they've been lovely after all 3 shows

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:26 pm

Now that I think about it. I tried to meet them where I met the gents and the guy there barley spoke english. I will go and see the show again and this time I won't hope to meet them so I won't be disapointed. But hopefully I'll get to meet them. I have looked back on my past posts. Seeing as I was really upset then I may have sounded a little silly.

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:08 pm

Well I can understand you being pissed off I know I would be too

And I really hope it ain't david and matt's fault, I'm sure you'll meet them one day :D

Tipps

Post by Tipps » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:47 pm

I hope so.

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:34 pm

I went to see Little Britain live, last night at the Blackpool Opera House with my bestest mate in the whole wide world, Catie. Lol. It was one of the best nights of my life ever! I hadn’t had a very good day before I went, so that took the excitement off it abit, but once we got there it was great. Me & my Dad picked Catie up at about half 6ish & then we went on our way to Blackpool. It was the exact same venue that I went to see The League of Gentlemen at too, so I took that as a good omen.

When we arrived, we got abit lost & then found the toilets. Lol. Then we went into the actual opera house, bought a lovely program for £10, abit steep but when were we gonna get that chance again? Plus we got a free “Computer says no” mouse mat with it & stickers! He-he! Then we went into the stalls bit were our seats where & tried our best to find them. This women who worked there helped us & it turns out we had to get a load of people out of their seats so that we could get to ours. They were pretty good seats, we weren’t that far from the front, fairly middle-ish. I could see them alright anyway. We were sat next to these fellas who nicked some of my sweets off me, but gave me two Smints for it, so that was pretty sweet. Lol. So we talked to them abit. & then me & Catie babbled on to each other abit & waited for the show to start.

The show did start eventually & of course, they started it with Lou & Andy! Well, just Lou at first & then Andy came in on a jet pack thing, flying about. Lol. That was cool, a great start. The big screen that they were using for the scenery & stuff with amazing, really modern & perfectly fitted in with all the doors & everything. It was like an interactive Little Britain episode. Lol. All the characters were brilliant & the sketches were great, but there was a few that just stood out from all the rest!

Like my fave character for example, Des Kaye! Yay! He came out on a little funbus, he-he! He was really funny, then he got two young guys out from the audience, a bald bloke & a fairly young one, you know the usual, tanned & blonde hair type. Lol. They were going to play a game of hide the sausage! Ha-ha! Des made it plainly obvious that he fancied the blonde haired guy, because he deliberately ignored the bald guy. Lol. He didn’t half come onto him as well; he kissed the blonde guy right on the lips! & by the end of it, he had him on the floor & was on top of him! I kinda felt sorry for the two guys actually, the bald one because he was being completely ignored & the blonde one because he was getting raped in front of 3000 people by Des Kaye! Ha-ha! It surprised me actually because I didn’t know that Des was meant to be gay, part of me ended up thinking that it wasn’t actually Des chatting up the young guy, part of it was David Walliams too…he-he! The guy ended up going back stage with him; god knows how he got back to his seat. Lol.

I was really glad to see Marjorie too, she was fantastic as usual. She went around the audience looking for a “fatty” to bring up on stage. Lol. She chose this guy called Paul, although I didn’t think he was that fat. Lol. She ended up giving him this HUGE fat fighters t-shirt. He-he! She was great! Anybody, no? Dust! Ha-ha!

Anne was fantastic! In her little gold, sparkly dress singing…well, I’m not quite sure what she was meant to be singing but she was cute, bless her. She went into the audience terrorising the front row! She ended up slobbering over some poor sod. He-he!

& I was really surprised & over excited to see Linda! I LOVE LINDA!!! I really didn’t expect her to be in the live show, but she was. I really love that character, really makes me giggle & last night was no exception! Got a lovely little video of that for myself.

There was some great corpsing & fluff up moments too! In the Dennis Waterman sketch they completely broke off character & starting chatting as Matt & David themselves, it was lovely because it was like they were involving the whole audience in their chat. It all started when someone in a dog suit came out & then Paul Putner (the guy who is always with them in the show) came out in a bee suit & after fighting him off, David said “Why is the bee bigger than the dog?” Then Matt replied, “Maybe it’s some sort of genetic super bee?” Then David said “Or maybe we haven’t really thought it through?” LOL! Then they went completely off on one & David said “Why am I so small?” “Why do I talk in this little voice?” & Then Matt said, “Do you think if we met the real Dennis Waterman he’d kick the shit out of us?” ha-ha! Then they carried on babbling on out of character until Matt finally said “Right, back to the comedy sketch!”

David also laughed when Matt was doing Vicky Pollard, he tried to hide it but Matt wouldn’t let him, he kept pointing at him. Lol. Sweet!

& then in the Mr. Man & Roy the shop owner sketch, Matt was trying to hide his smile by messing with his fake moustache & David said very casually, “Are you fiddling with your moustache to hide your smile?” & Matt said “I think we all know the answer to that one!” Ha-ha! There was quite a lot of laughing during that sketch actually. When Matt did his “Margaret, Margaret!” This guy in the audience shouted “Yes!” at the top of his voice & David said “That’s not the real Margaret!” LOL. & then the woman playing Margaret shouted her “Yes!” & David said “THAT’S the real Margaret” He-he!

As I said, all the characters were fantastic, I could go on forever about them all, but because that’d take too long, I’ve just mentioned my faves & that’s took up enough as it is. Lol. Oh & there was also the small surprise of David getting completely starkers naked on stage as Sebastian. I’ll say one thing for David; he mustn’t be shy to do that in front of 3000 people. Lol.

The Finale of course was Daffyd, singing a nice song about being gay! It was one of the best finales ever! Lol. I was really hyped up by the end of it.

After the show, me & Catie fought our way through the crowds of people & somehow found our way to the merchandise stall thingy. We’d already bought a program, so we bought a Lou & Andy key ring each instead. Which was cute! The mugs & t-shirts were cool too, but I couldn’t really afford any of it because I’d already spent £10 on the program & £5 on the Lou & Andy key ring! So I left it at that. Lol.

Then we went onto see if we could get to meet them or anything, I didn’t think we would be able to at first because the stage door where me & my Dad met the League of Gentlemen was cornered off. But we waited around anyway because there were quite a few people waiting around too. Then this door opened not far away from us & everybody started rushing towards it, so we thought “where is everyone going?” So we just followed everyone & joined a queue, we weren’t really sure what the hell we were queuing up for but we queued anyway. Lol. Anyway, we sort of realised what we were queuing for once we heard people going on about signing programs & photos not allowed. Lol. It didn’t take long before me & Catie got to the front of the queue & again we were surprisingly calm. I didn’t feel nervous at all & Catie didn’t seem it. We were the same for the Kaiser Chiefs, we didn’t think we’d have the courage to meet them, but when the time came to it, we were really casual, abit silly, but casual. Lol. I was more nervous when I was waiting with my Dad to meet the League of Gentlemen, it must be Catie, she must calm me down. Lol. It was same that we couldn’t have our photos done with them, but it was great to get to meet them anyway.

Anyway, once we got in there, Matt & David were both sat there, looking really sweet. The first thing Matt said to me right after saying hello was “I like your outfit!” I was so chuffed! I just went “Aw, thank you”! & shook his hand, but I wanted to hug him after he said that, it was so sweet. Then I went onto David, I shook his hand & said hello. Then I went for it & thanked him for the lovely comment they wrote on the photo they sent me. I don’t think they could really remember but they said thanks anyway. Lol. & I’m sure David rubbed my arm just after he shook my hand, but I can’t remember Lol. Catie looked like she wanted to just jump on David because she was slowly moving towards him. Lol. Then they both smiled really brightly at us as we got ready to leave. But then we heard David’s voice go “Don’t forget that!” Catie had left her just signed program on the table. So she just grabbed it quick & we pottered out of the room laughing! Ha-ha! Oh god, we always end up doing something silly.

Anyway, my Dad had spent the night in Blackpool whilst we were there so that he could bring us home. So we waited outside for 5 minutes & he was there straight away & before we knew it, we were on our way home.

It was a lovely ride home, Catie was talking about David’s eyes. I was really tired but happy.

I ranted on abit to my Dad, Mum & sister about it but then I got really tired & had to go to bed. It was fantastic night & it was the first time I’d gone to sleep with a smile on my face for a long time.

Heres a few things I'd like to share with you...he-he!

My lovely signed program: - http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/ ... ics001.jpg
A Close up of their autographs on my program: - http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/ ... ics002.jpg
My ticket: - http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/ ... ics005.jpg
The mousemat that came with the program: - http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/ ... ics003.jpg
The stickers that came with the program: - http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/ ... ics006.jpg
My Lou & Andy Keyring. (sorry if its abit blurred): - http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/ ... ics008.jpg

Enjoy! I certainly did! :wink: :lol: