That Mitchell And Webb Thread

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

That Mitchell And Webb Thread

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:58 pm

I couldn't find a topic for this show...the third series starts on Friday 11th Nov and I can't wait, I didn't even know a third series had been planned :oops: Anyone else a fan of this? Possibly my favourite quote outside the League of Gentlemen is Mark's line-

"Oh I see, I get it. You were lampooning me. It was a simple lampoon" :lol:

EDIT: Just changed thread title from Peep Show to this...seeing as more Mitchell and Webb stuff seems to be coming out....
Last edited by Cazza Lazarou on Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:03 pm

Wow, we didn't have a thread for this? I was certain we did. So certain, in fact, that I had to do a search for myself, just to double check. Not that I doubt you, of course, I was just SO sure we'd started one ages ago. :lol: Guess not.

At any rate, I've seen about three episodes of what I believe was first and maybe second series, and for some reason I just couldn't get into it. I think the two leads are two extreme for my taste. The timid one is too twitchy and the other one is too great an idiot. Both make me want to scream at the TV and I finally just turn it off in disgust. It's sad, because I really wanted to like it, but I just don't. Sorry. :( It's not even that I think it's a bad show; I just don't personally care for it. I think there are plenty of others here, though, who love it and will no doubt balance out my negative opinion. =taps fingers, waiting for proper Peep Show fans to turn up and kick me out of the thread= :lol:

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby Laura Folds Five » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:53 pm

::kick::

:D

It was a grower for me, took practically a whole series to get into it. In fact i think I finally realised I loved and adored it on the final episode.

I cannot WAIT for the new series!
yay!
Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:26 am

Twas a grower for me as well. I missed the first couple, then saw the 'Ten-pin bowling' episode and wasn't too sure then saw it only in fits and starts. I only *really* started to like it when I got Series1 DVD. I've not even seen series two fully, but I know I like it! Actually I must get series2 DVD before I watch series3 :?

I was surprised there wasn't a thread I searched the Other Comedy forum and it returned 4 pages of results but I couldn't see it anywhere.

VLady...I can see what you mean they do have a certain style to their acting that you either love or hate. Obviously, like it and I remember thinking David Mitchell was funny when he was in the long forgotten (and not that good) sketch show Bruiser. He played a tv executive in one series of sketches...now does anyone remember that??
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Mr Papa Lazarou » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:18 am

Peep Show rocks! A third series?!?! Lets hope its as good as the previous two and not a case of overkill.

Mabye we'll see the murder of Super Hans by Jez...
"Get sat down if you like" Image Image

Herr Lip: "Justin, Justin, my very own Justin"
Mr Papa Lazarou
Distant Relative

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:19 pm

I was trying to find the thread for this, becuaes I am a huge fan of Peepe Show. I really must find money to buy the 2nd Series on DVD.
God, this programme almost makes me cry laughing everytime I watch it, I love it so much.

The leads are pathetic, but that's the point, and I just want to shake them! God, I think my favourite episode is the Johnson one.

It's strange, most things that make me squirm with embarrassment usually make me chnage channel asap, but I just can't turn Peep Show off. It's too good.

I actually yelled YES!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 when I read that there was a new series. *does dance*
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:23 pm

Eeee i can't wait for this.. and no i didn't rub myself against a poster of Robert Webb and David mitchell yesterday *makes sure i have tape ready to close over Sugar Nips mouth*

I need series 1 and 2 on dvd.

Best quote from one of the series "I NEED A *beep* BUDDY"
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:55 pm

Oh yes, *beep* Buddy made me laugh far too hard.

I loved THE BAD THING!
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby sugar_nips » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:22 pm

Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:Eeee i can't wait for this.. and no i didn't rub myself against a poster of Robert Webb and David mitchell yesterday *makes sure i have tape ready to close over Sugar Nips mouth*

I need series 1 and 2 on dvd.

Best quote from one of the series "I NEED A *beep* BUDDY"

*rips tape off mouth* Chez groped a pic of robert webb yesterday and gave a passer by a heart attack!!!!

But peep show I absolutely adore and I'm very very excited about the new series!
sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:09 pm

Oi *hits lauren*

I can't wait to see the pic you took though hee hee.

Do we know if series 1 and 2 will be coming as a boxset? Just a thought seeing as i want them both possibly for christmas.
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tubbs get undressed » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:07 pm

I LOVE Peep Show!! *hugs it* Cannot wait for the new series. I can totally relate to Mark.. being the social retard that i am.
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Postby sugar_nips » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:08 pm

Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:Oi *hits lauren*

I can't wait to see the pic you took though hee hee.

Do we know if series 1 and 2 will be coming as a boxset? Just a thought seeing as i want them both possibly for christmas.

ouch!!

I can't wait to see that pic either as for the boxset looked on play and no sign of one but series one is only 8.99
sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:48 pm

Tubbs get undressed wrote:I can totally relate to Mark.. being the social retard that i am.

*hugs TGU* You're not alone...I too can relate to Mark, that's why I love the show really, we all think what they think from time to time, but don't tend to admit it...even to ourselves!

I just watched the 2nd episode again...where Jez goes for a job at JLB Credit, I reckon that is my favourite episode of S1. It's got all the stuff about pyramid selling, Marks answer-phone message to Sophie and the interview scene. I can't get enough of Jez's 'facial spasm-ing'.

Top quote- 'Free money for everyone? Hah! Look out the window Jeremy, that ain't never gonna happen, not in this old world'
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tender_Lumpling » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:35 pm

Meh, I actually sat through Blessed the other night just for Robert Webb. Gah! *shakes head* It wasn't a good idea.

Anyway, that's OT. I love Peep Show! I was so happy when I saw the trailer for the new series. I've been waiting for the series 2 DVD but I didn't even know about the third. I can also totally relate to Mark, worryingly so in fact!

*does a happy dance like the people in the Bacardi ad*
"How I feel in my mind
And how I live in the world
They are oceans apart"
Tender_Lumpling
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby sugar_nips » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:44 pm

I've sat through Blessed too for robert - I share your pain!

Chez is that pic on your camera I want to see it!
sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Next

Return to More Comedy