The Mighty Boosh

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:09 am

When's that? Enjoy it! Ah, memories! :D
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:25 am

I would have assumed all the signings were ticketed events. Hundred of people have been showing up thats why they have done this
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:39 pm

It's all ok now :D I rang city books this evening and bought a book and ticket. They are sending it to me next week :P The bloke on the phone was really nice. When i told him that i'm from Maidstone we chatted about the best local pubs as he likes to visit maidstone :D :lol:
Beast wrote:When's that? Enjoy it! Ah, memories! :D
The aftershow? It's 24th November at the soda bar in Cardiff. My friend Caylee (Bliss off modwolves) and her husband are going :P It will be brilliant!

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:39 am

There was a lot of screaming girls in Brighton :roll: Some screamed when they thought they saw Noel through the window but it turned out to be a woman! :lol:
It was very rushed. I got there at about 9am, after 2 and a half hours on the train and got near the front of the queue. There was about eight people in front of me. There was a man with a camera interviewing people in the queue, i can't remember what he said it was for, sounded like argos! Anyway i passed the time by chatting to a girl in the queue. When it was almost 1pm. A car pulled up and Noel and Julian sprinted out. The crowed screamed. While we were waiting Danny the bodygaurd asked people what time they arrived. He actually seemed, dare i say it quite nice! Anyway the competion winners winners went in first. Then it was our turn. You couldn't really see them in the queue because the staff were in the way. The boys were signing two books at a time. Danny was throwing the books down in front of them. I managed to say hello to Julian. He said "it's Kelly yeah?" I managed a "yes" and a "thank you". I said hello to Noel and said i was looking forward to seeing the show and he said thank you. That was about it. Noel and Julian seemed very very tired. I was out by twenty past one. The girl i was chatting to got very upset because she wanted a picture with Noel and the security moved her on. I grabbed a few souveniers at the seafront and made my way home. One the way home i got on the wrong train and ended up at Paddock Wood instead of Bearsted. I was tired ok!

The boosh arrive at the Brighton Centre:

Julian and Noel sign my book:

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:08 am

Cute!

Julian looks very very sexxy.

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:04 pm

I do love Julian's signature :)

By chance was anyone there filming the signing at all?

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:41 pm

Me too. And I agree with Laura too. His hair is curly. :)

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:I do love Julian's signature :)

There was a guy filming who said he was from the argus news. I have seen an article in the paper about the signing but no video. I am in the back of shot for some of the video.

Here is the article:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/3851285. ... oosh_stars_/

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:19 pm

miss denton wrote:
Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:I do love Julian's signature :)

There was a guy filming who said he was from the argus news. I have seen an article in the paper about the signing but no video. I am in the back of shot for some of the video.

Here is the article:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/3851285. ... oosh_stars_/
Ahh not who i thought it would be.

Thanks for the linkage though

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:05 pm

Here's a very short video i took while i was in the queue. I meant to video more when i got closer to the table, but it went so quickly i forgot :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjSDqbj3tZI

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:32 pm

I am surprised at how quiet it seemed. It was just constant shouting at vince and howard out in Dublin

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:50 pm

Really enjoyed the show last night The boys were on top form. Someone in the audience kept shouting out " Lasagne" so Noel kept refering to him as Lasagne boy throughout the whole show :lol: I loved the Fossil dance acadamy. I really wanted to dance to Eels but no one else got up :(

The afterparty was at the Soda Bar. It was only across the road from my travel lodge :) I went with my friend and her husband. I couldn't get over the price of the drinks and the price of the cloakroom :shock: When Robots in Disguise did their dj set we were quite near the front. They were fantastic! Sue was trying to get people on the podium to dance, much to the security's dismay! That was so much fun. Then the boosh arrived (minus Julian and Mike). They came through the crowd. The crowd went loopy. I was getting pushed left , right and centre. People were pushing in front of me. Then a girl who pushed ion front of me got into a fight with the bloke standing next to me. He shoved her in the back Someone was pressed up to my back and someone was pressed up against me to my front. I could hardly move and no one would move when i asked them, even though i was moving backwards! :evil:
A girl at the front got crushed and they had to stop the music while Rich gave her some water. She was ok. I have since found out that she is a modwolve.
Anyway there was another bit of commotion when Danny grabbed a bloke by the scuff of his neck and dragged him out of the club! :shock: He must have done something bad as Danny had lifted him off the ground! Anyway the boosh left though the crowd at the end of the night. Everyone was trying to grab at them. I was right by Noel when he went passed. I shouted "Bye bye" (sorry it's working with children that makes me say things like that!) and he looked at me smiled, waved and said "bye" :D

I still enjoyed myself even after all that!

Pictures and videos are to follow!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:08 pm

Aw! Can't believe they went through the crowd! Crazy. Sorry Ju wasn't there though.

I think that Rich's screaming ocelot(?) dance thing is the funniest thing in the show!

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:14 pm

I took loads of pictures and video of the afterparty. Here are a few of my fave pics :)

The Crowd

The soda bar

Video to follow :D

sam
Local Shop Owner!

Post by sam » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:24 am

Just to say, thought they were brilliant last night. Excellent show, laughed all the way through.
Julian was hilarious!!
:lol:
What, what??