Help With My Sean Hughes Fansite.

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Help With My Sean Hughes Fansite.

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:08 pm

Heylo people! :D

Now, I wasn't really sure if where this topic should be so if the mods wanna move it, then its fine by me. :)

But I need a little bit of help.
As some of you may know, I'm a big, big fan of Sean Hughes & have been for some time now. & Sometime last year, I set up a fansite dedicated to him. Tara helped me (don't know if she remembers) & it didn't turn out too bad. PBJ approved it & everything, but I wasn't very happy with it really, because it was only a freewebs account & I guess I'm a perfectionist. So...since I've got my computer back working again & I've got time on my hands, I thought I'd see at making a new & better one for him.
The only problem is, I'm not sure what to do first... :lol: I was just wondering if anyone here could give me some advice. Any help would be appreciated. :D
I was thinking of using this host: - http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/hosting/wind ... sstandard/
What do you think?
Thanks guys! :D

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:08 am

I don't know nothing 'bout nothing about making websites. But Sean definitely needs one.
I just downloaded Sean's Show the other day, I've only watched a bit so far but it's still ace!

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:28 pm

Laura Folds Five wrote:I don't know nothing 'bout nothing about making websites. But Sean definitely needs one.
Well, don't worry, hes gonna have one by the new year! :wink: :D He did have one last year, for awhile, but I got too busy for it. But I really want to do this for him properly, since he hasn't got a proper fan site. & I think the man is amazing & so cute! hehe... :D
I just downloaded Sean's Show the other day, I've only watched a bit so far but it's still ace
I was only about 6 when his show was on the T.V. I remember my brother used to babysit me & he used to let me stay up & watch it, because I wouldn't shut up until he let me...so I've been a fan for a loooong time.. :shock: :lol:
It was a brill show, I still have a few on VHS but they're abit battered now... :( :lol:

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:06 pm

Thast one thing i haven't seen of Sean Hughes. What was it like?
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:28 pm

I also know nothing of (eight men down) making websites but am a huge fan of Sean since I first saw Sean's Show way back in....when was it again? I was quite young I recall. I bought his novels about three years ago from eBay which are really good. So best of luck with making this website succeed as his gorgeous Irish-ness deserves a good fan-site :D

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:47 pm

Cazza Lazarou wrote:I also know nothing of (eight men down) making websites but am a huge fan of Sean since I first saw Sean's Show way back in....when was it again? I was quite young I recall. I bought his novels about three years ago from eBay which are really good. So best of luck with making this website succeed as his gorgeous Irish-ness deserves a good fan-site :D
He certainly does! :D & Thanks! Hopefully, it'll get a good response & I'll try my best to make it good for him & other fans, like you guys. :D Number one for him in the google search is his page at PBJ. :( Well, not for much longer! :wink: :lol:
Thast one thing i haven't seen of Sean Hughes. What was it like?
Sean's Show was on air in the early 90's, 1992 to be precise, I think. I was very young myself, but I loved it all the same! It was really great & very funny. :lol: & I think he did something else the year after, which I also remember bribing my brother to let me stay up & watch... :D Where he travelled around the country meeting different people. "Sean Shorts" I think it was called. :D
At least I know, I'll have some support when I do get it up & running. :D

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:29 pm

1992...yeah I would have been 12 and was kinda just developing my own personal brand of humour! I remember him sat in a bath fully clothed with bubble singing the theme tune 'It's Sean-y's show la la la la! It's Sean-y's show la la la la! ' Inspired lyrics eh??

Other than that I can't remember much about it other than loving it. I'd try and download but I know my computer would turn round to me and say "What exactly do you think you are doing? Ha! I don't think so, excuse me while I self destruct!"

So yes Sarah you will certainly have my support and I'm going to email an old aquaintance who is a big fan as well as she may be interested and/or be able to help :D

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:26 pm

Cazza Lazarou wrote:So yes Sarah you will certainly have my support and I'm going to email an old aquaintance who is a big fan as well as she may be interested and/or be able to help :D
Aww thanks! That'd be great! :D I've been looking into hosting packages today & I think I've narrowed it down to a few selections. But I need to scout round for all the stuff that was on the old one I had for him. I had it all on a disk somewhere, but where it is, I do not have a clue. :shock: I can never find anything in my room! Its ridic! :lol:
Other than that I can't remember much about it other than loving it. I'd try and download but I know my computer would turn round to me and say "What exactly do you think you are doing? Ha! I don't think so, excuse me while I self destruct!"
HAHA!!! :lol: Mine used to be the same until I got Broadband. But my computer is still pretty fragile, you've got to be careful what you do on it incase it crashes & eats all your files (which it has done twice now :roll: :cry: ) But it's pretty good on downloads. Except it goes unbelievably slow during the download...its like being back on dial-up.
Out of curiosity, where can you download Sean's Show from? It'd be nice so to see it properly again & it'd bring back so many memories. :D I only have about 3 on tape... :(

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:31 pm

uknova.com

at least it was there last week.

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:47 pm

Laura Folds Five wrote:uknova.com

at least it was there last week.
Thanking you muchly! :wink: I'll check it out now... :D

Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cazza Lazarou » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:16 pm

Ahhh, UK Nova...downloads...a very good reason for me to finally get broadband. But I just worry that broadband would make my computer die even more rather than helping it.

I'm really surprised that there's not been a Sean fansite and that his top Google result is the PBJ site...I would have thought there'd have been at least one or two random sites. Has anyone else here read his books by the way-I've read "Seans book" but not his novels yet.

misstoadfacedenton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by misstoadfacedenton » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:40 pm

*sticks hand up*

Me. I've read "it's what he would've wanted". It's a good'un. :)

Miss Tipps

Post by Miss Tipps » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:45 am

Sarah Chinnery wrote: Sean's Show was on air in the early 90's, 1992 to be precise, I think. I was very young myself, but I loved it all the same! It was really great & very funny. :lol:
Hello, hello. I went to see two episodes of that being recorded at LWT (now known as the London Studios). Mark Lamarr was the warm up man and really funny and I remember Bob Mortimer being at one of the shows. I always liked Elvis the Spider best. :D

I still have the admittance tickets to 'Sean's Show' - I can scan one for your website if you like?

Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Sarah Chinnery » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:58 pm

Miss Tipps wrote:
Sarah Chinnery wrote: Sean's Show was on air in the early 90's, 1992 to be precise, I think. I was very young myself, but I loved it all the same! It was really great & very funny. :lol:
Hello, hello. I went to see two episodes of that being recorded at LWT (now known as the London Studios). Mark Lamarr was the warm up man and really funny and I remember Bob Mortimer being at one of the shows. I always liked Elvis the Spider best. :D

I still have the admittance tickets to 'Sean's Show' - I can scan one for your website if you like?
Oh wow! You lucky thing! :D I would of loved to have gone to a taping, but I guess they wouldn't of let a 6 year old in... :lol:

It's so cool that you still have your ticket & I'd love it if you scanned one! That'd be great thanks! :D
I finally found the disk with all the stuff on it from the other site I had. I'm going through it, seeing whats worth keeping. Shouldn't be too long before I can set the ball rolling... :D

SparklyFairy

Sean Hughes

Post by SparklyFairy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:21 pm

Hi!

I have a lot of really old Sean stuff from years ago when he had a fan club run by a lady called Sue (we are talking back in the 90's). I've got loads of old newsletters, photos, flyers, tour programmes, books, press cuttings, autographs, videos and general Sean stuff that i can easily dig out if you think any of it will be of use to you for your site?

Nice to see someone doing a site about Sean, he's fab!!!