The Smell of Reeves & Mortimer.

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby Sarah Chinnery » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:53 pm

The great Vicster 'n' Bobby ( :lol: ) will be on the "Comedian's Comedian" at 9pm tonight on channel 4. Its a repeat, but It'll be worth a watch. I think some of the Gents might be on it too...but don't quote me. :D
Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Tinkerbell2 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:56 pm

Ooh thanks Sarah! I shall be watching :D
Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Sarah Chinnery » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:39 pm

Tinkerbell2 wrote:Ooh thanks Sarah! I shall be watching :D

Me too! The only problem is that it clashes with I'm a Celebrity...& I'm sorta hooked on that... :oops: :lol:
I'll have to tape I'm a celeb.... :?

*runs off to find spare tape*
Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Tinkerbell2 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:28 pm

NOOOOOOOO! Not I'm a celebrity! LOL

I think I've seen "The Comedians Comedian" before, but there's no harm in watching it again! :D
Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:57 am

Twas great to see Vic and Bob so high up though!

I could watch them smacking each other with the hammer and frying pan all day!! :lol:
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tinkerbell2 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:06 am

LOL, I missed them on it (went to chippy). When I got back my favourite ever Laurel and Hardy scene was on :D
Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Sarah Chinnery » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:39 am

Does anyone know where I could download the first series of Shooting Stars from? I loved the first series of it so much, even though I was only young, I remember laughing alot.

I could really do with cheering up at the minute. One of my cat's have took ill. :cry:
Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:21 pm

I only vaguely remember Big Night Out but it was enough to get me into liking Reeves&Mortimer-me and my friend would quote it at each other in school and sit there laughing hysterically and no-one would know why!

The Stotts were brilliant....I remember them interviewing Sting and asking if he'd rather stick his bum out of the window or have a nice relaxing poo. For another guest I just remember them talking about having 'a little bit of bacon in a flask' me and my mum still quote that frequently :D

The Club was in Bang Bang I think but I always used to do an impression of Bob's Oriental character who said 'Ah have sewious weservashuns abahht this' and my friend could never get it right.
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Sarah Chinnery » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:29 am

Ahhh, I've really enjoyed watching my tapes again. Me & my sister have been in tears of laughter yet again. You know what, my sister likes alot of the same comedy that I do (the kids in the hall, League of gents, little britain, still game etc) but none of it or no one can make her laugh like Vic 'n' Bob do. She literally crumbles... :lol: Especially if its anything to do with Vic, she loves him... :lol:
I'm the same really, they do make me laugh more than most, they always have done. I always feel a special fondness for them. I'd forgotten how good "The Smell of" was...or how handsome Bob was & still is... :roll: :oops: *slaps wrist* Stop it Sarah! You're not 6 now! :lol:
Vic's energy in the second series is amazing, he goes even more cheeky 8yr old boy than ever...with his light, cute, floppy hair, extreme hyperactiveness & sweet smile... :lol:
But they both have the most adorable/cheeky/mischeivous smiles, if there was an award for that, they'd get it hands down. :D
& If anyone has seen "Big Night Out LIVE" & seen the corpsing during the Brother Stott's (David & Donald) part. Then you'll know that Vic's giggle is one of the cutest ever. :lol: I've always thought Bob was the most attractive (even though Vic is very sweet) but that giggle of Vic's melted me... :oops: :D It's right after Bob (Donald) says something along the lines of "I'm not being a smartypants ya big waterleg!" So sweet! :lol:
Anyway, back to "Smell of". Does anyone remember in the very first episode in the first series where Bob was "trying" to be lovejoy, the corpsing in that is priceless!!
"& Some have shitty shotty, for shotty shit!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok...Vic 'n' Bob rant over now... :wink: :lol:
Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:20 pm

Sarah, believe me I'm trying to concentrate really realy hard and make memories come back....

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nope didn't work, will have to force them to release it on DVD!
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Sarah Chinnery » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:35 am

Cazza Lazarou wrote:Sarah, believe me I'm trying to concentrate really realy hard and make memories come back....

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nope didn't work, will have to force them to release it on DVD!

Aww, well I used to be like that until I found the videos again. & Now everything has just come back, bit by bit & I'm loving it all over again! :D
I've always loved "Bob's Organ" (no pun intended there :wink: :lol: ). Where he keeps getting his words mixed up, its so sweet & funny! :D Then it turns out to be a pub! :lol:
"When a child is born bald!" :lol: Genius! :D
Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:36 pm

& If anyone has seen "Big Night Out LIVE" & seen the corpsing during the Brother Stott's (David & Donald) part. Then you'll know that Vic's giggle is one of the cutest ever.

I think I bought this in a charity shop for £1...I'm going to have a search this afternoon.

But more excitingly...I have just bought Series1 of Smell of on VHS on Amazon-it's in two parts- Red and Blue with three episodes on each. they only cost me about £3 or £4 (plus p+p though) there was series 2 but it cost about £15 or more I think. Anyway this'll do nicely to be going on with.

Just wait to hear the sound of me simultaneously kicking myself and cheering when they announce the DVD release....
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Sarah Chinnery » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:06 pm

YAY!!! & Once you've seen series 1, you have to get Series 2 too! :D I know the DVD's will probably be released but you can always keep the videos as backup! :lol:

The only problem is, I'm finding it hard to get "Bang, Bang It's Reeves & Mortimer!" on video. I downloaded it, but I'd like it for my VCR, so that I can watch it on my T.V in my nice warm snuggly bed, when it's freezing & you're bored because you don't wanna go out in the cold...hey! abit like now! :roll: :lol:

"Bang, bang" was basically "The Smell of" except probably a different studio, different sketches & Bob sat on the right hand side of the desk instead of the usual left hand side...(trust me to notice something like that :lol: ) but, I really liked it! :D
The funniest thing in the world had to be when Bob was presenting the cookery show "Cutley Hut". :lol: The way he was shouting & pulling them daft faces just had me rolling around on the floor! :lol:
"Look at my eyes roll!" :lol: Awww, bless him...
Sarah Chinnery
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Tinkerbell2 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:53 pm

I HAVE to post this in here methinks

Big thanks to MTFD though!!!! :D She's the one who showed me it!

It's Georges Lesbian song!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/shootingstars/gold.shtml
Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:58 pm

*Does R+M style dancing*

#Come one then lets have a sniff of it...#

The first VHS arrived this morning- brilliant

Anyway, back to "Smell of". Does anyone remember in the very first episode in the first series where Bob was "trying" to be lovejoy, the corpsing in that is priceless!!
"& Some have shitty shotty, for shotty shit!"

Just watched this... :lol: :lol:

"Quick Vic, get this cup off me...oh it wasn't such an emergecy after all"
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to More Comedy