Little Britain - NO TOUR SPOILERS, PLEASE!

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Fri May 26, 2006 1:18 pm

Anything in the stalls for LB is good, cause the tickets sell out so fast!

eskewedbeef!!!
Local Shop Owner!
Location: Sitting at a computer in one of the most boring towns in the North

Post by eskewedbeef!!! » Fri May 26, 2006 2:16 pm

Yeah, the person who bought them for me said they rang up literally a minute after they were put on sale.

How long did you have to wait for the row E tickets?
"Then the highlight was a stoat rigor mortis..."

ImageImage

Tender_Lumpling
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tender_Lumpling » Fri May 26, 2006 2:43 pm

I know, I couldn't believe I'd managed to get such good seats! The theatre has been closed for reburbishments for ages though probably not many people know about it yet.

*happy dance*
"How I feel in my mind
And how I live in the world
They are oceans apart"

sugar_nips
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by sugar_nips » Fri May 26, 2006 5:09 pm

I waited for about an hour and an half before the tickets went on sale I would have been there even earlier if I hadn't over slept but my seats were amazing so it was all good in the end

TL congrats on row c though!! I think all these new dates haven't been publicised much really, why can't they do another unpublicised date in notts, but could I warrant going a third time??

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:44 pm

It's been a while so I'm looking forward to seeing LB USA tonight (although I will be recording it since it clashes with The Tudors!). I wasn't a big fan of the last series but I'm going into this one with an open mind. I hope it's good.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:07 pm

Me too... will be interesting to see new characters, and how our favourite chavette copes in a boot camp! :lol:
ImageImageImage

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:12 pm

(moved because thought they should be here, not in the general 'tv' thread' :)
girl wrote:I hate when pure British awesomeness gets turned into some gellatinous goo directed to allure stupid American audiences.

Case in point:
Matt Lucas and David Walliams(the sexmo) just aired their American debut of Little Britain USA. I was not impressed.
Bex wrote:Ooh. I didn't see it. Was it a bit offensive to an American audience?

As a Brit, I'm constantly offended (in an embarrassed way, not a serious way) by British accents in American shows. Doesn't matter if it's working class Northen English, Southern posh English, East -End London, Glaswegian Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish... They all sound retarded.

Even shows that I love do it. Case in point: Go God, Go! - The episode of South Park featuring Richard Dawkins. In real life he has the simplest, well-spoken upper-middle-class English accent. In South Park he sounds like he's an Australian who's had a stroke. :lol:
alex wrote:I found it impossibly bad. Unwatchable. So no change from the British version really. Just perhaps even less thought going into the "scripts" - although that is perhaps a misuse of the word. Laugh free.
girl wrote:
Bex wrote:Ooh. I didn't see it. Was it a bit offensive to an American audience?
Offensive? No. I was just disappointed that they felt the need to cater to "american" humor to such an extent. I felt they lost some of their charm in doing so.

But one of the greatest shows in the world is the Trailer Park Boys. I love this show! Even alex does! And he doesn't love anything!
MrsBeasley wrote:
alex wrote:I found it impossibly bad. Unwatchable. So no change from the British version really. Just perhaps even less thought going into the "scripts" - although that is perhaps a misuse of the word. Laugh free.
Yeah I've heard a few people say the same thing.
I liked the first series of LB but after that I thought it was stretched
ImageImageImage

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:31 am

You think it catered to US audiences? I thought it was just the same as normal - unless the version shown in the US was different. It was ok. It's too crude for my liking a lot of the time. I enjoyed Marjorie Dawes though and was impressed by the accents! David always sounds the same so the fact that he can do a US accent (as bad as it maybe was - sounded ok to me) was a nice surprise.

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:08 am

For me LB's characters have always had about as much depth as a melted ice cube & hold about as much appeal as Gary Glitter :(.

I've just never liked (apart from parts of S1) Since then they have been ploughing that same old field with such lazy montony that its become a dustbowl!

I've never understood its great appeal I'm afraid. I'm rather flummoxed that the great HBO should be involved in this USA version :shock:

Matt Lucas is a good comic actor, but LB :oops: - urgh!
Have we missed the cakes?

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:01 pm

I agree. I've hated Little Britain from the start. David Walliams practically plays the same two characters over and over. I get embarrassed watching him.

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Post by miss denton » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:22 pm

I did like Little Britain when it first started. I even went to see it live at the Hammersmith Apollo back in 2005, but now i have really gone off it. Little Britain USA was awful. I like Matt Lucas as an actor though.

girl
Local Shop Owner!

Post by girl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:09 pm

I've actually warmed up to Little Britain USA. I think it happened when Sebasian said "What" in that deep voice of his. :lol:

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:25 pm

I gave up with it. There are a few gem moments but mainly it's just the same thing over and over each week. :( I still love them though.

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:49 pm

As one of the scariest super-fans of Little Britain that ever lived, I have to announce the death of my fan adoration. It's very sad. I just don't find Little Britain remotely funny any more, or David Walliams even that interesting. It was a long, drawn out illness of six months, but now it is completely deceased.

RIP
Tara's Lucas and Walliams fandom
1999-2008
You will be much missed
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Ah Tara I'm sorry about that. I understand why though. But there will always be the memory of series 1 when it was all fresh and also Rock Profile which is genius. And other stuff they did that I didn't see I'm sure.