Hot Fuzz - spoiler thread

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:48 pm

Stonesy wrote:
a1tiptop wrote:Well, according to the people in the know, it is someone famous...

I know the perfect place to ask.

"Younglings"

I was too busy waiting to see if there were conettoes in the film.

Update; It says it was Cate Blanchet, who I wouldn't know from Adam anyway. I'm off to watched Spaced, which I haven't seen for years and years.
I heard that Cate Blanchet was denied by the cast though...?
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Shell
A Local

Post by Shell » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:02 pm

I saw it last night it was worth the £6.50 I paid to get in and more. I have never heard so much laughter in one screening of a film in my life. I suppose it did have more resonance with the Norfolk audience... because they did take the p*** out of the country folk quite a lot.

The best comedy in a good few years I'd say.

I now fancy the pants off Pegg damn it! And Nick was just cute.

I was slightly distracted however by the blatant product advertising going on... BAD Vodaphone and Somerfield (shouldn't insult them they pay my wages!!!)

Saw the trailer for the Magicians- it looks SOOOO good!

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:57 pm

£6.50? that's bloody cheap! 8 or 9 quid round my way!

The bit that got the biggest laugh that I remember was when Angel kicked the old farmer's mother in the face. I nearly cried! :lol:
ImageImage

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:49 pm

T Bird wrote:I really really enjoyed it. But for me it was all about Nick Frost.
I jsut want to give that big chunk of a man a bear hug! :oops:

He is so adorable.
Indeed! He was so sweet. I was so shocked when it looked like he was a baddie. It was so obvious that he wasn't dead in the end though. But it was perfect. I did find the last bit with the building blowing up a bit unnecessary though but I guess it was so they could use that big bomb.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the church death! :shock: That's one of the worst things I've ever seen. Made me feel sick. And I'm not really that squeamish. But I wonder if it's because I thought Nick was gonna save him and so didn't expect it? That bit reminded me of TLOGA and the neighbourhood group in the cloaks etc reminded me of Solutions!

I saw the SOTD dvd. In fact I was looking for it when they showed the dvds the first time. I knew they'd put it in there!

Overall I loved it. I found the start a tiny bit slow. Perhaps because I didn't find any of it funny really but then it got funny. I laughed so much at the Andy putting his head back in shot, the moustache thing and something else. What was that really funny bit? Hmm...

I also thought it was really clever. Everything was set up and tied in etc. I really thought the desserts were gonna be part of the story though, like a brainwashing thing or something! :lol:

Don't know if I missed the trailer for the M&W film as they'd started when we got in there. :(
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

T Bird
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by T Bird » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:55 pm

Beast wrote:I was so shocked when it looked like he was a baddie.
Me too! I almost shouted out "NOOOOOOOO!!!!" in the cinema! :lol:
Beast wrote:I can't believe no one has mentioned the church death! :shock: That's one of the worst things I've ever seen. Made me feel sick. And I'm not really that squeamish.
I loved that bit! I was somewhat shocked by the level of the gore though for a 15 certificate.
It did really remind me of the bit where the Gents get killed at the end of LOFGA actually. I wonder if that influenced it?
ImageImage

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:03 pm

a1tiptop wrote: I heard that Cate Blanchet was denied by the cast though...?
They would say that though. And now I've found out exactly who she is it looked a lot like her. There are suggestions that there are other oscar winning people in the same scene. I'm sticking with Blancette because its plausible but anything else sounds like chinese whispers at the minute. They aren't going to spoil any surprise the first week its on at the pictures.
T Bird wrote:
I loved that bit! I was somewhat shocked by the level of the gore though for a 15 certificate.
It did really remind me of the bit where the Gents get killed at the end of LOFGA actually. I wonder if that influenced it?

More likely Scanners where *they* got it from. Crossed with Patrick Troughton in The Omen.

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:13 pm

I thought Gillian Anderson, personally.
Hello my darling it's me again. Where are you?

It could get funnier if we keep doing it.

http://themightycharlottestein.blogspot.com/

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Stonesy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:16 pm

Viper wrote:I thought Gillian Anderson, personally.
Actually so did I when I saw the film, but because I wasn't in the know I didn't consider they'd have a famous oscar winning actress in the part. And Gillian Anderson's not doing much with The X Files finished and no sign of another series of Bleak House in the pipeline.

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:27 pm

Plus I think she must have been in England since she might have been filming that thing with Danny Dyer.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:42 pm

I'm not bothered to be honest, although I'd be interested to know once and for all.

I remembered the funniest bit that I'd forgotten. Leslie going "God rest him/her/them" through the whole conversation with Nick. :lol: :lol:

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:20 pm

I loved that bit!

One of the best ensemble casts ever, I reckon.

That blonde woman who got 'decaffienated' was the one off Festival wasn't she?

Viper
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Viper » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:39 pm

Yep- and she's also Sally Peep from 10th Kingdom, as me, hubbie, Sef and her pal were very excited to discover!

VoodooLinzi
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by VoodooLinzi » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:02 pm

Anyone else think that the bolognaise joke was one of the funniest things they've ever seen? And the line about "big cop in a small town... f*ck off down the model village!" The Andys were hilarious.

I loved, loved, loved it. Not a patch on Spaced, and not quite as perfect as Shaun but still great. I agree with other comments - it was a fraction too long. But the laughs were enough to make up for that. And as I said to my friend, I haven't laughed that hard in a cinema since the first time I saw Shaun of the Dead. So they must be doing something right.

The deaths were AMAZING. I had a totally geeky moment in the cinema at the spike through the chin. Perfect stuff. :D

Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:25 pm

I loved the boloniase joke too :).

It was good how they done that spike in chin bit even if i felt a bit bleugh!
You're the Christmas, promising the summer

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:28 pm

I bet they had such fun doing it. I would have liked to have played an old lady who suddenly got a gun out and started shooting at them! Weren't they bothered about killing the villagers though? I know it's a film but still! :lol: They may have been a bit evil but they shouldn't kill them! :lol: