Russell Howard

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Russell Howard

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:14 pm

I think about time he had his own thread :D
Anyone been listening to the podcasts on 6 music?
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tubby Little Titwitch » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:26 pm

You are right Chez, he does deserve his own corner of the forum!

Haven't been listening to those, no. But he is BY FAR the best one they have on Mock The Week. He just is.

Can't wait to see him live!

If I were a moth I'd smash myself against your body.
Tubby Little Titwitch
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Laura Folds Five » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:27 pm

Yep!
I love him and erm... John?
They make a hilarious duo.

I think he is a close second behind Mr. Frankie Boyle as most entertaining on Mock The Week.
Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MrsShearsmith » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:59 pm

Yay! I love Russ! I went to see him in Bradford in March or April and cuz it was a few days after his birthday we took him some odd presents. Think there were some fig rolls, a slinky and some melody pops.

Think I might be going to see Jon when he comes to Leeds! I'm quite excited actually, because I missed out on Russ tickets, they had sold out by the time I looked!
"I do many things, I span the genres. They call me the Genre Spanner"
MrsShearsmith
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:40 pm

I am still kind of new jon but he is so funny with Russell though. Naughty itunes will let you download the podcasts but then get rid of them after a few days though :( At least some of the ons i have have loaded else where phew.

Frankie is the best one on mock the week with russell right behind him
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Matt Adore » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:47 pm

Ok just this one and then I'm going home Frankie Boyle is the king but what about Dara O'Briain? You girls are just suckers for a pretty face but I suppose Russell is ok if you like that sort of thing. I'm getting out of control now saying things like that I could be severely delt with and given detention and 100 lines but my finger couldn't cope so I'd better wish you goodnight and get home and let my dog take me for a walk before I go out for a pint or two of shandy.
Wish you were her
Matt Adore
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:56 pm

No no some of us love Dara and Frankie too, we just not quite got round to making them a thread.
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Mandy Krell » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 pm

Hello Matt hope you'll be happy on the forum. :wink: I like Frankie and Dara but I love Hugh Dennis too. 8)

What kind of dog do you have?
Mandy Krell
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Matt Adore » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:22 pm

Chezzy 100 comedy points to you and high fives a plenty you are one slick chick if you'll pardon the expression.
Hello Mandy another Mayor of the town - goodness. I have a black labrador called Frodo but he never listens to a word I say. Maybe I could borrow the emoticons off here and communicate to him with those?
:o :( :) :D :shock: 8) :P :twisted: :twisted: :idea: :arrow:
Wish you were her
Matt Adore
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Mandy Krell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:17 pm

:lol: Hi Matt you'll automatically become a Mayor of Royston Vasey when you get over a thousand posts. I like your avatar. 8) Frodo sounds like a handful but I'm sure the emoticons will help. :lol: :lol: Hope you have fun here. :wink:
Mandy Krell
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Matt Adore » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Thanks Mandy, who is the little girl in the photo? It must take years to clock up 1000 posts. I need to take Frodo to dog training academy and see if he'll settle down a bit, he's a year old in June so he's not a baby any more. Having said that he sneaked by me this morning and pinched a round of toast off my plate, I was looking forward to that too. Sorry I'm straying from the subject of comedy now so what was I saying about Dara and Frankie taking over the world? :idea: :roll: :wink: :twisted: :evil: :P :cry: 8) I think we got away with it.
Wish you were her
Matt Adore
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Mandy Krell » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Hello Matt, thanks for telling me about your dog he sounds so funny but I'm sure you'll get him trained well. The baby photo is me and I love it because it was my nan's favourite and she used to have it up on her television cabinet and I used to wish she'd move with the times and just have a recent one up but now I'm old-er it's something to remember her by. :D
Mandy Krell
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Matt Adore » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Hello there Mandy cute baby photo, the only photo I have of me is one with my friends Spike and Jonesy and we were all a bit worse for wear I think the expression is. My mum has all my baby ones ready to show any potential girlfriends 'oh look at Matt here taking the back of the television to pieces, I wonder why his hair is stood on end and he has a black face, I wonder where all that smoke came from too' :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :cry: :cry: I'd tell my mum but she is my mum. My dog has me trained, I take him walkies when he wants and feed him when he's ready and let him have the sofa if he doesn't mind me sitting on the floor and I'm not taking up too much room or getting in front of his fave tv programmes.
Wish you were her
Matt Adore
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Papa's new wife » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Can we try to keep to the topic please, cheers :D
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Matt Adore » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:Can we try to keep to the topic please, cheers :D

I'm really sorry do you want me to delete it and start it again somewhere appropriate? You can put me over your knee if you like and I won't tell my ma about it. Please accept my grovelling apology and say you're not mad with me, I won't sleep tonight if you're not my friend, I'll just cry. I promise to try to reform and be good in future, I'll even find something for your Dr Who page just for you. :cry: :cry: :? :) :( :shock: :evil: :x :?: :idea: :arrow: :!: :oops:
Wish you were her
Matt Adore
Local Shop Owner!

Next

Return to More Comedy