Shameless

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:53 pm

ahh I dont think i'd mind, it least you wouldn't be short on money!!

steph x

Mandy Krell
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Mandy Krell » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:12 pm

I'm hopeless with money Mama lazarou I'd probably end up with 600 pairs of shoes and most of them would be out of fashion before I'd worn them. I agree that it would probably be worth the risk though. :lol:

Steve and Fiona are a couple in real life but I don't think they've left Shameless for good, they will make guest appearances in series 3 I think. 8)

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 pm

Yay, I love Smoking Room and Alan Partridge! (As does everyone.)
(Don't really like Shameless though :? )

holygiblets

Post by holygiblets » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:11 am

I watched the Shamless Christmas special hoping to find out why everyone was raving about how funny it was.... and it just didn't do anything for me. The idea was there - but I didn't feel it came across very well.

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:17 pm

Mandy Krell wrote:I'm hopeless with money Mama lazarou I'd probably end up with 600 pairs of shoes and most of them would be out of fashion before I'd worn them. I agree that it would probably be worth the risk though. :lol:

Steve and Fiona are a couple in real life but I don't think they've left Shameless for good, they will make guest appearances in series 3 I think. 8)
likewise, but being a lady tons of shoes are essential, gotta have them.

steph x

Mandy Krell
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Mandy Krell » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:18 pm

Have you ever been to Paris? If you like shoes you'd love the place but they are very expensive. Sometimes here you can go into a shoe shop and be happy if you could find 3 pairs of shoes you really like, over there you'd be unlucky if there were 3 pairs you didn't like, its just shoe shop heaven. :wink: :wink:

It's good to know that all those comedies are being shown in the States. Did you get Father Ted over there, I loved that? 8)

I didn't think the Shameless Christmas special was very good at all either but I did think the second series was brilliant. :lol:

Nicolazarou Shearsmith
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Nicolazarou Shearsmith » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:29 pm

holygiblets wrote:I watched the Shamless Christmas special hoping to find out why everyone was raving about how funny it was.... and it just didn't do anything for me. The idea was there - but I didn't feel it came across very well.
You know I thought it was one of the best shameless epis i have seen (and ive seen them all cause they are fab lol)

I thought it was quite a clever storyline and just didnt really expect that of a shameless episode. there again it is a bit of a out of the ordinary series!

Heya Mandy, long ime no speak!!! how are ya keeping??
neighbours...everybody needs good neighbours... with a little understanding... you could find the perfect blend ... x

mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by mama lazarou » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:55 pm

Mandy Krell wrote:Have you ever been to Paris? If you like shoes you'd love the place but they are very expensive. Sometimes here you can go into a shoe shop and be happy if you could find 3 pairs of shoes you really like, over there you'd be unlucky if there were 3 pairs you didn't like, its just shoe shop heaven. :wink: :wink:

I have been to Paris yes, but I didnt do any shopping, wish I did though :(

steph x

WE\'REALIVE

Post by WE\'REALIVE » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:17 pm

Someone told me to come here to ask about the release of BBC's Blackpool DVD release. Does anyone know? It would be a great help if you did.

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:42 pm

You can get a knock off on ebay. You can get the soundtrack from the BBC http://www.bbcshop.com/invt/vtdcd696&bklist=icat,3,,491

But I can't find any reference to an official DVD being released.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

Mandy Krell
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Hello All

Post by Mandy Krell » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:31 pm

Hiya all you lovely forum members, just called in to say hello and show you this:-
Shameless drama to run riot again

Shameless is based on the family of "roaring drunk" Frank Gallagher
Channel 4 has committed to another two series of Bafta-winning drama Shameless and is considering whether to increase the number of episodes per run.
A fourth series about the anarchic Gallagher family will be shown in January, with a fifth also confirmed.

Producers are also searching for a site where a permanent set would be built, in the same way that Coronation Street has its own fixed studio area.

But they have yet to agree on a location, a Channel 4 spokeswoman said.

The programme was created by award-winning writer Paul Abbott, and is based around Frank Gallagher, the head of the family, and his six children.

Played by David Threlfall, the character is described as being "roaring drunk, colourful, angry and self-pitying" in the show's publicity material.

'Under discussion'

"They're working on the fourth series at the moment," the spokeswoman told the BBC News website.

"The fifth series is definitely in the pipeline, and it's under discussion as whether we'll increase it to more than eight episodes.

"The production team are looking around Manchester at new studio space but they haven't found anywhere or signed on the dotted line."

As well as its Bafta TV Award for best drama series in 2005, Shameless has also enjoyed success at the Royal Television Society Awards and Broadcasting Press Guild Awards.

Hope you are all well and happy. The little girl in my avatar is my second niece Jenna who is sister to Lauren. My brothers wife is also expecting her first child in January so I am really looking forward to that.

So what have you all been up to and where is Exinferis? :wink:

touchmypreciousthings
Local Shop Owner!

Post by touchmypreciousthings » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:32 pm

I love love love shameless, so im well happy with that news!

woooooooo frank! :D :D
Image Image

Jeremy: "We're pacing ourselves."
Steve: "I'm not! I'm on Absinthe."

Mandy Krell
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Mandy Krell » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:44 pm

Frank's just the best isn't he? I can't wait to see the new series either. I wonder if Fiona and Steve will make a guest appearance? 8)

I love the episode where Frank had the drugs trial and it stopped alcohol or drugs having any effect on him, he was hilarious. :lol: :lol:

Tinkerbell2
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tinkerbell2 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:26 pm

I watched all the first series yesterday and I love it! Steve's character was funny even though we only saw him like twice or something.

My council life was never that much fun (apart from the bailiffs, LOL), but I thought it was ace. And my sister said it's the best thing she's ever seen on TV.

Can't wait to borrow the 2nd series now!