Phoenix Nights

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Phoenix Nights

Post by Exinferis » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:08 am

I thought we already had a Phoenix Nights topic, but we don't, so thought I'd create one!

Well, you all know why I love the show *thinks of the start of episode 5 of series 1... =P~ * so what about you guys? You like, you hate or you're indifferent?

I was reading the transcript of the chat with Dave Spikey on C4's website last night. It was done late 2002, so it's a bit out of date, but a third series is looking unlikley. :cry: However, Dave did say that a Max and Paddy spin-off was more likely than a third series; so that'll please those of you who find Patrick sexy!

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:13 am

I just said something Dave related on another thread...

I knew somehow I would put it in the wrong place....

::grumbles quietly in the corner::

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:18 am

I've only just posted this topic.

I found your post anyway! Managed to find the show online; playing it now! :D God, he sounds so sexy... =P~

...Calm down Ex, calm down.

pinkpantha
Local Shop Owner!

Post by pinkpantha » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:59 am

From what I know about Dave and Peter, a third series won't be happening - not without a miracle! Someone I know is mates with Dave and there's been... let's just say a little tension between them both for a little while now. I can't say more than that so please don't ask or I will be strung up and I don't fancy that, but it goes a lot deeper sadly. But, yes the Max and Paddy spin-off looks very interesting! They go around Britain in their campervan. Peter says he's added a little more drama into the show, but Phoenix Nights fans will love it. I can't wait to see it, as I love those two characters. I'm sure Peter won't let us down!!!

Hayley x

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:18 pm

Never been bothered to watch it,I might like it if i did I suppose! :lol:

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:00 pm

Ive seen all the second series and i love it.
My fave episode is when they have the family fun day and the ahem bouncy castle explodes.
Oh and i love "Come and get your black bin bags, on offer 'til December.."
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:07 am

Ah yes! In that C4 webchat thing, Dave says he heard someone singing it. Then there was a bloke doing karaoke with "Corned Beef"! :shock: :lol: "It's corned beef, why don't you try corned beef haaaash" Madness!

@Hayley, Would this be something to do with Dave being left off the writers credits for the script book? If that's it, it's public knowladge as it's all over Dave's news page. That's a real kick in the balls for the guy that is. If that's not it, I'd like to know what it is, but I won't push you! :wink:

Whatever Dave and Peter's falling out may be, I'd still like to see the Max and Paddy thing. I think it'd lack slightly without Dave's imput, but as Max is played by Peter there's really no one better to write that spin-off!

@Laura, Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Dave's spot on Radio 2 last night. I've not had a chance to listen it properly today as I've been busy getting ready for my trip up to Norfolk. But (sad cow that I am) I managed to record the whole show to MD, so I'll listen to it when I get home next week...be something nice to come home to! :lol:

pinkpantha
Local Shop Owner!

Post by pinkpantha » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:27 am

Exinferis wrote: @Hayley, Would this be something to do with Dave being left off the writers credits for the script book? If that's it, it's public knowladge as it's all over Dave's news page. That's a real kick in the balls for the guy that is. If that's not it, I'd like to know what it is, but I won't push you! :wink:

Sadly no. Wish it was as I'm sure it could be worked out. Might tells ya if I catch u online... :wink: Hey, all this talk about Peter and Dave writing it, what about Neil Fitzmaurice!! He wrote it too. Ok, lets praise the guy...

Hayley x

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:56 am

Yeah, you're right, Neil also does a sterling job. Just can't help banging on about Dave! :oops: :D

I tell you what, I'd love to get hold of all three sets of scripts! Just to see who wrote what and what may have been!

Oh, I mentioned a few days ago a line where Brian says, "... and selling pegs next!" (thought of Papa!) but couldn't remember which episode it was. Well, I've just watched it again and it's episode one of series one. Just incase anyone actually cared! :lol:

Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Exinferis » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:45 pm

Yeah, C4 really are funny aren't they? I don't understand why they don't show PN series 1. I've not seen it on the box at all; that's why I had to get the DVD's! They're fairly cheap, I got them from dvdpopcorn; just over 20 quid for the box set! Bargain!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:23 pm

Still not seen it! I can't find it in the Libary and don't want to buy it if I don't like it! :roll:

Owen Fallowfield
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Owen Fallowfield » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:47 am

I love Phoenix Nights and I can't wait until the Max & Paddy spin-off is released, I love them two. "Walking on the moon!"

:shock: Sorry to sound slow but I never knew that Dave and Peter's going through a bad patch together, tis a shame as they were very good in Phoenix Nights. :( Hope they'll sort it out in the near future.

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:57 pm

I have only seen adverts for the first series i think they were showing it on E4 a few months ago

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:41 pm

I will try and watch it,I should enjoy it,I'm nearly as sick as most of you! :lol:

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tubbs get undressed » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:05 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:I will try and watch it,I should enjoy it,I'm nearly as sick as most of you! :lol:
Nearly? :roll: :lol: