Reece to start in the West End musical 'The Producers'

Come here to discuss the latest official news postings and keep track of what the Gents are up to right now.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy, papalazarou

Postby Emma_Tish-ue Shearsmith » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:51 pm

I went to the show on Wednesday night, and i absoluatley loved it! Reece played his part well, as did Cory English. It was a really good night out.

Emma Tx
Dave, do you think the stick of igorance should be yellow?
Emma_Tish-ue Shearsmith
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Pam Doove: Olivier winner » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Woke up this morning with the tunes going round my head. It's a shame they didn't update any of the merchandise with this cast, ah well I will just have to live with the pictures in my brain. It was quite an emotional night, great audience, and then just before the intermission with the whole cast on stage, the realisation that this was the last time that I will see this cast together and probably the last time I'll see an all singing all dancing Reece hit me. I too got a lump in my throat when he sang "til him" near the end.
Pam Doove: Olivier winner
Local Shop Owner!

Re: The Last Night of The Producers...

Postby ratgirl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer wrote:Who else was at the last night?

Wish I could've been there, but just couldn't afford it in the end. Sounds great though! :)
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: The Last Night of The Producers...

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:25 pm

Hey, I was there on Saturday night, up in the circle, but with a great view. It was a totally amazing show- the cast seemed to have a great time, and yes a standing ovation- there was such a great atmoshpere throughout.

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer wrote: Cory's falling behind the settee when Leo asks 'How much do we put in?' (Cory was desperately trying to make Reece laugh & he succeeded) & lots of other parts of the show too.

MY GOOD GOD! I laughed so much...Reece just covering his face with his hands and shaking with laughter...and Cory "I tried very hard to make you laugh...it worked!" and then Cory shouting "4th wall back up...back UP!"

Also funny was Roger DeBris as Hitler- the set malfunction and him having to climb out of it just before his big "Heil myself" entrance.

I felt very sad to see the show end- and had such a lump in my throat at the end, also not helped by the fact i was desperate to make it out of the theatre to try and meet some other comedians who were there that night....*wanders over to 'Spotted' thread*

:D
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tracy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:01 pm

Gutted I never got to see this :( ... glad so many others did, though! :D
ImageImageImage
Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby cupid stunt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:29 am

I was also there last night, and this was by far the best I've seen of the show. :D Everyone was giving it their all, and did such an amazing job. The atmosphere was great with lots of applause and cheering, and with the big standing ovation at the end. Was also fun to see all of the little changes that have been added since the last time I saw the show.
Highlights:
- Cory making Reece laugh by attacking the sofa, and Reece trying his best not to laugh... and failing.
- Franz randomly telling Leo he had "girls' legs."
- the set breaking during Springtime for Hitler causing everyone on stage to start laughing like mad.
- the bit where Leo is on top of Max trying to get the books and how it went slightly beyond the whole "give it to me" "no!"-thing.
- how emotional "'Til Him" was.
And lots, lots more.

Haven't had such a good night in ages, and it's such a shame that the show is closing, but it certainly went out (of London) with a bang!

To those of you who were at the matinee, what kind of stuff did they add or change?
cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:17 pm

cupid stunt wrote:- the bit where Leo is on top of Max trying to get the books and how it went slightly beyond the whole "give it to me" "no!"-thing.

God, it did go a bit beyond didn't it?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also when Ulla flung her leg right over Reece's shoulder after "When You've Got It..." and he just dropped to the floor-I've not seen that before, but then I've not seen it every night....so I dunno. Reece's reaction was hilarious though.

Cory making Reece laugh by attacking the sofa

Cory "Talk about chewing the scenery!"

I thought "Betrayed" was just AMAZING as well, when I've seen it it's been good but....ahh how I love Cory :D
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:46 am

Here's an article from yesterday's Guardian on the last night of The Producers:-

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/critic/feature/0,,1985997,00.html
Have we missed the cakes?
Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Princess Profitt » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:21 pm

ooooh thanks for that GTJW!
"Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for W*******"(Peep Show)
"I won the mums!!!"
Princess Profitt
Local Shop Owner!

Postby ratgirl » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:02 pm

Aw, great article! Made me feel a bit tearful... and I wasn't even there!!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:20 pm

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer wrote:Here's an article from yesterday's Guardian on the last night of The Producers:-
http://arts.guardian.co.uk/critic/feature/0,,1985997,00.html

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I was sat in the coffee shop at work and looking at the papers when I found this and nicked it! I got all excited thinking "whooo I was there!!" like the sad person that I am hehehe!
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Princess Profitt » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:15 pm

So glad everyone who went to the last night had a good time. I was gonna go too, but got larangitis (sp?) four days before, so couldn't :cry: . Ah well, at least i was lucky enough to see him in it a couple of times...
"Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for W*******"(Peep Show)
"I won the mums!!!"
Princess Profitt
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Cazza Lazarou » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:58 pm

Princess Profitt wrote:So glad everyone who went to the last night had a good time. I was gonna go too, but got larangitis (sp?) four days before, so couldn't :cry: . Ah well, at least i was lucky enough to see him in it a couple of times...

Awww no! Illness SUCKS like a SUCK-ETTY F**K I was getting over glandualr fever when I went...the whole weekend kind of knocked me out. Glad I went though!
Cazza Lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby cupid stunt » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:20 pm

Found some really, really fab news: Reece will be doing the last two weeks of the Producers tour in Cardiff... together with Peter Kay and of course Cory English. :D

I heard tickets have already been selling fast due to Peter coming back into the show, but this is something I wouldn't want to miss!

"PETER KAY will perform at Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff, in the new Mel Brooks musical, The Producers. KAY will share the role of Roger Debris with STEPHEN WELLER. Weller will play the role from Tuesday 27 November – Saturday 1 December whilst Kay will play the role from Monday 3 – Saturday 8 December. They are joined on stage by CORY ENGLISH who will star as Max Bialystock and REECE SHEARSMITH as Leo Bloom. The cast also includes EMMA-JAYNE APPLEYARD as Ulla, ALEX GIANNINI as Franz Liebkind and ROBIN SEBASTIAN as Carmen Ghia. "

"THE PRODUCERS will show from 27 November to 8 December. Tickets range from £15 to £37.50. To book your tickets, contact the Wales Millennium Centre ticket and information office on 08700 40 2000 or visit: www.wmc.org.uk"
cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Tracy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:22 pm

Ooh! *shouts* KATIIEEE!!!!! :D
ImageImageImage
Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to Royston Vasey - Press Office