Reece in one-off ITV1 comedy 'The Abbey'

Come here to discuss the latest official news postings and keep track of what the Gents are up to right now.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy, papalazarou

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:17 pm

tori_louise wrote:I personally fancy the arse off Russell Brand, always have done! I even have a 6ft poster of him on my wall thanks to Ebay :oops:

I'm actually a bit obsessed with him at the moment. There's lots of ace stuff of his on youtube, particularly his old show Rebrand - documentaries where he fights his dad, dates an old woman and er, gives a bloke a wank in a public toliet. (Nathan Barley, anyone?)

Erm, they all sound insane and rubbish I know, but he actually brings a lot of intelligence and sensitivity to them.

Honest!!

The one with his estranged dad is the best, cos he says something that will absolutely break your heart.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:49 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:You can't save the picture?
Well, I must have a magic computer *grins*

You want it?

Yes please! Haha! When you roll the cursor over it it says 'Hat's different'. All I'm thinking is hat as in how we say hot!

I think last night was the first showing of the ad. After Benidorm to catch the TLOG fans I reckon! :)
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

Judee Levinson
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Frolicing in the park with Pierre, throwing Flip flops in a haphazard fashion

Post by Judee Levinson » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:51 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:You can't save the picture?
Well, I must have a magic computer *grins*

You want it?

Oooh yes please! :D
ImageImage

sam
Local Shop Owner!

Post by sam » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:30 pm

I lurve russell too. I think he's more attractive when he doesn't have his barnet sticking up like an electric charge though. Still havn't seen the adverts, but I can't wait for this to begin.

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:28 pm

Laura Folds Five wrote:I'm actually a bit obsessed with him at the moment. There's lots of ace stuff of his on youtube, particularly his old show Rebrand - documentaries where he fights his dad, dates an old woman and er, gives a bloke a wank in a public toliet. (Nathan Barley, anyone?)

Can you give us a link? I tried searching YouTube but got a load of pages saying the vid has been removed due to some sort of violation. And it wasn't even the wanking one!!
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

tori_louise

Post by tori_louise » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:59 pm

I'm actually a bit obsessed with him at the moment. There's lots of ace stuff of his on youtube, particularly his old show Rebrand - documentaries where he fights his dad, dates an old woman and er, gives a bloke a wank in a public toliet. (Nathan Barley, anyone?)

Erm, they all sound insane and rubbish I know, but he actually brings a lot of intelligence and sensitivity to them.

Honest!!

The one with his estranged dad is the best, cos he says something that will absolutely break your heart.

RE:Brand is a fantastic show, I downloaded the entire series off UKNova. The episode with his Dad is one of my favourites too, and I know which bit you mean, it's truely touching. The episode with James the homeless man is fantastic too. [/quote]

ChubbyTubby
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ChubbyTubby » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:30 pm

There is a clip on youtube of Russel Brand a few years ago doing a documentary on BNP Youth and it's very good. He told the leader that his beliefs were wrong and stood up to them. I've always liked him, but I really have alot more respect for him now.

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:18 pm

The abbey got an ok review in the the daily record today. According to them it's a pilot not a one-off!

Anyway this is some of what they said "this class A cast deserve a more than one-dimensional characters, but there are surely enough laughs in a celebrity rehab-based comedy to earn a full series"
"I don't know that I share your view"

Laura Folds Five
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Laura Folds Five » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:59 pm

a1tiptop wrote:
Laura Folds Five wrote:I'm actually a bit obsessed with him at the moment. There's lots of ace stuff of his on youtube, particularly his old show Rebrand - documentaries where he fights his dad, dates an old woman and er, gives a bloke a wank in a public toliet. (Nathan Barley, anyone?)

Can you give us a link? I tried searching YouTube but got a load of pages saying the vid has been removed due to some sort of violation. And it wasn't even the wanking one!!

Oh poo. I just looked, and it seems like the user that put all those Re:Brands up has been suspended - so I suppose all his vids are gone for now too.

Hopefully they'll be back. They were all really ace :(

Maybe someone saved them?...

The naziboy episode is there though, by another user http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXgKelFNGKA
That one's really amazing.

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by ratgirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:10 pm

Cheeky Chezzy Woo wrote:I won't be watching Valentines Day unless i get home in time from seeing everyone go in for the prem of HF!!!1211

Hehe, you might see Gail walk down the red carpet! She's going! :D

I must set a reminder on my phone to watch this. I'm probably in, but I'm terrible at remembering to watch things on TV!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by MrsBeasley » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:13 pm

morwenna banks is on loose women tomorrow.

Unfortunately that means I'll have to watch it, I hate that programe
"I don't know that I share your view"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:38 pm

OK, who else is far too excited about this.

God what is wrong with me? :( (and the clip I saw on fecking Loose Women yesterday did not bode well)
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Not too excited yet but I will be later. I am worried that I will love Russel which I kinda already do but it's a love I am partly uncomfortable with. Richard Arnold reviewed it on GMTV but unfortunately I didn't really hear what he thought. He said Russel was great and is actually really talented from other stuff he's seen too. I must check out some of his stuff actually.

I'm worried that it really is a one-off from what the the tv guide says. But then why is it so well promoted? They must be thinking of a series or why bother?

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Papa's new wife » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:57 pm

I always thought it was a one off. And they promote Cracker and stuff lerds.

I used to LOATHE Teh Brand... but Oh buggery arse. After his thing whith Reece and Steve, I started liking him cos he's such a big Gents fan) and then got addicted to His Big Brother thing *hides face*
Oh buggery bugger I'm gonn aend up fancying him.
Though not after tonight, cos obv I'm only going to be looking at one man *mumbles then falls over*
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:12 pm

Yeah but Cracker is well-known and popular. But you may be right. It's only half an hour too! I just presumed it'd be longer. Dunno why.