'The Cottage' - Reece is one of the leads in new film

Come here to discuss the latest official news postings and keep track of what the Gents are up to right now.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy, papalazarou

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:17 pm

It's being advertised on buses in London, and there's a release date of the 14th on the side (next friday)
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:33 pm

There was a review of it in this evenings Oxford Mail that was less than glowing, though did say that Reece was the best thing in it.

I am looking forward to seeing it anyway!
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby St Jimmy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Argh.
Havent heard jack all about it here in Australia. Probably be a massive delay before i see it, and thats even if it ends up available on DVD or something -_-
Ah well, better late than never I spose.
St Jimmy

Postby Papa's new wife » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:23 pm

I had a REALLY scary, utterly horrific, violent and gory dream about Reece in The Cottage the other, so bad that it's made me really scared to go watch.
*blubs sadly*
I'm going to try go, but the sickness of my brain has scared me :(
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:56 pm

I must go soon too! The bad reviews are outting me off, but I want to see it anyway
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby a1tiptop » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:I had a REALLY scary, utterly horrific, violent and gory dream about Reece in The Cottage the other, so bad that it's made me really scared to go watch.
*blubs sadly*
I'm going to try go, but the sickness of my brain has scared me :(

Ewww! And hug! You should probably wait till it comes out on DVD. Seeing it on the big screen might freak you out!
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

'The Cottage' special on Sky Premiere

Postby Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:33 pm

For anyone who has Sky Premiere they are screening a 15 minute special on 'The Cottage' this week at 1.40am (!) Its advertised as being on every night at this time but its not always shown (I saw it on Easter Day or rather the early hours of Easter Monday)

Its a very interesting promo film with plenty of on set footage (including behind the scenes as the film score is recorded - you can see Reece watching the proceedings in the recording booth) and on set interviews with the director Paul Andrew Williams, Reece, Andy Serkis and Jennifer Ellison.

Its being shown a couple of times on Sky Horror/Sci Fi film channel as well. It only seems to be on this week so anyone wanting to watch you can Sky plus it or set your alarm clock...
Have we missed the cakes?
Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

'The Cottage' dvd release on 14th July...

Postby Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:13 am

'The Cottage' dvd release is scheduled for 14th July & its already available for pre-order on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cottage-Jennife ... 395&sr=1-4
Have we missed the cakes?
Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Pelinor » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:54 am

I must an odd one then - I was still mesmerised by him in the film :lol:

Yes, he was all bloodied and bruised but it was still his face and beautiful eyes..
Pelinor
Distant Relative

Postby miss denton » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:33 pm

I have finally seen The Cottage and i liked it :D It really reminded me of Dog Soldiers. It was funny and gory. Jennifer Ellison can actually act a little! :shock:

I'll put this in small writing so i don't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet:

The bit with the heads on the shelves when the farmer appeared suddenly scared the crap outta me! :lol:
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:43 am

Just got my copy of The Cottage come in the post ( V. reasonable on e bay). Will watch it and post reaction.

Sorry for my delayed reaction in seeing this! :lol:
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MrsBeasley » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:36 pm

Let me know what the extras are like hun
"I don't know that I share your view"
MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:42 am

Just watched this and whilst not a classic of british horror cinema I did rather enjoy it. Reece and Andy Serkis were superb and (at least I thought) the script was really very original (in so far as a horror script can be - there is nothing new under the sun in this genre!) Plus I thought the direction was superb.

I thought it was fuuny and horrific in the right measure, though some of the special effects were a bit, well not very good, but this was a low budget production, so this can be forgiven.

Jennifer Ellison was the weak link in it all, letting it down rather but she did have a couple of good points! :wink: (stop groaning at the back there!) Plus she was decapitated* so I felt well rewarded! I liked the bit with the hairdresser as well, I was thinking, who is he and when it was revealed I laughed out loud! Maybe Im just easily pleased!

I'm glad I never went to cinema to see this and bought it cheap on DVD, but found it enjoyable on the whole.

MrsBeasley wrote:Let me know what the extras are like hun

Yep Gilie, I may watch the extras over the next couple of nights, so will post when I am done!

*Slight spoiler edited by Mod incase some of us haven't seen it yet... :wink:
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby a1tiptop » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Son of Tubbs returns! wrote:Plus she was decapitated* so I felt well rewarded!

I quite liked that it was a half decapitation just over her jaw bone. It was more grusome some how that you could see her teeth!

I'm glad I never went to cinema to see this and bought it cheap on DVD, but found it enjoyable on the whole.

Perversely, I'm glad I saw it AT the cinema. I do enjoy seeing proper gorey horror up there on the big screen. It's got more impact.

Yep Gilie, I may watch the extras over the next couple of nights, so will post when I am done!

There are two easter eggs, Paul. One is a f**kometer, giving a tally of all the swearing through the film (it numbs your brain to swearing!!) and the other is of Ellison's audition tape.

The other good extra is the deleted scene of Reece getting directions from an old woman in the village. VERY League of Gentlemen.
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...
a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks Tara!

Sorry about the spoiler, I thought I was the last person to see it!

Sorry. :oops:
Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

PreviousNext

Return to Royston Vasey - Press Office