Mark in Old Vic's production of 'All About My Mother'

Come here to discuss the latest official news postings and keep track of what the Gents are up to right now.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy, papalazarou

a1tiptop
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by a1tiptop » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:03 pm

I thought the Welsh accept was a little ropey and less assured that Owen Fallowfield and I'm not entirely sure that Welsh is equal to the idea of the slightly different dialect of Spanish used by Agrado in the Film. I think Mark could have got away with making her authentically northern - surely that's regional enough?

But hey, it's a barn storming performance by Gatty-man. I'm just being picky really. :)
And I'll stay here till the trail's cold and return again with my meaty gold
You want it! You can't get enough of Hilary Briss and his special stuff...

cupid stunt
Local Shop Owner!

Post by cupid stunt » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:12 am

Went to see AAMM a few weeks ago, and thought it was very good. Mark was excellent, as was the rest of the cast (well, except for a few of the minor supporting actors). Would recommend anyone who hasn't seen it yet to go see it before it closes!

Also, found this little video the other day in which Mark shows his dressing room and talks briefly about his "waxed tits." http://www.ifilm.com/video/2912604

Oh, and just so you know, you can nominate Mark for best featured actor in a play at the Theatregoer's Choice Awards: http://www.whatsonstage.com/surveys/fil ... php?sid=17

mamashaz
A Local

Post by mamashaz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:11 pm

Thanks for that! Great interview :D

Have voted for Mark. Well deserved! He was brilliant.
Shaz x

Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer
Local Shop Owner!

Post by Geoff Tipps' Joke Writer » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:15 am

Have voted for Mark too. He definitely deserved to win, he's brilliant in the role. Also I voted for Steve in 'Best Take Over Performance' for 'The Drowsy Chaperone'. He was superb too as 'Man in chair', the narrator role, but it was far more than just that.
Have we missed the cakes?

Ekhomusic

Post by Ekhomusic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Mark will probably be discussing this show when he appears on Richard & Judy's New Position at 8pm tonight. The show is on new tv channel Watch.

Catch it if you can!

Tracy
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Tracy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:03 pm

Ekhomusic wrote:Mark will probably be discussing this show when he appears on Richard & Judy's New Position at 8pm tonight. The show is on new tv channel Watch.

Catch it if you can!
Hi there Ekhomusic! :) Glad you could join us!

If you're planning on staying, why not pop over to the Newbies thread to say hello and tell us a little bit about yourself, here. The few guidelines we have for the forum can be found here.

Thanks for the Mark update too, BTW. :D
ImageImageImage