Right on the Mark

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby MrsBeasley » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:33 pm

Oh excellent! Thanks for that.
"I don't know that I share your view"
MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Right on the Mark

Postby miss denton » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Love this photo of Mark :D

miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby ratgirl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Bless! Nice wallpaper too. :D
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Mark Gatiss: Tome Lord

Postby Chica » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Chica
Outsider

Postby ratgirl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Nice article. Bless teh Gatiss!
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:47 am

Mark was in the drama Spanish Flu:The forgotten Fallen last night on BBC4. It's on the bbciplayer now.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:16 am

Doctor Who Greatest Moments: The Doctor
Doctor Who Greatest Moments is a new series taking viewers on a journey through time and space to relive all the action from the legendary sci-fi show, featuring exclusive interviews with key actors offering unique insights on the classic moments.
In the first hour long episode, the likes of David Tennant, John Barrowman, David Morrissey and the League of Gentlemen's Mark Gatiss guide us through the Time Lord himself's greatest moments.

Watch Doctor Who's Greatest Moments: The Doctor on Thursday 20th August at 8:00pm on BBC Three.

YAY! 4 lots of sexmo all together!
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Ooh cool! Thanks for that - I've actually remembered to set a reminder on my phone. I'm not doing anything next week so it'll be a nice dissertation break!

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:23 pm

I have just see Mark in Poirot Appointment With Death. The story is fantastic. It really pulls you into it. I find it quite hard to see Tim Curry as Mark's dad though :lol:
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:59 pm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/doctorwho/news/a193750/gold-confirms-gatiss-roberts-who-return.html

Murray Gold has revealed that Mark Gatiss and Gareth Roberts have penned episodes for Matt Smith's first series of Doctor Who.

Gatiss wrote 'The Unquiet Dead' and 'The Idiot's Lantern' for previous series, while Roberts penned 'The Shakespeare Code' and 'The Unicorn and the Wasp', and also co-wrote 'Planet Of The Dead'.

The show composer told musicfromthemovies that his own approach would alter because of the exit of David Tennant from the lead role and replacement of showrunner Russell T. Davies with Stephen Moffat.

Gold said: "In all honesty I make refinements anyway, when I score Steven's episodes, because they do come at the story from a different angle.

"I don't know if you can even talk about a single approach, musically, to all of the episodes as they've been done so far - there's a different approach to each one - and that'll be the same again."

He added: "I mean with Mark Gatiss and Gareth Roberts and people like that writing episodes, you know what their episodes are like from previous series.

"So it's going to be that, with Steven's comments, and Matt's performance are going to be different and they might be different in structure somehow... every episode might not involve so much running down corridors! I don't know."

Gold also confirmed that he has "been working" on an update of the show's opening theme music.

Well done Mark :D
Just sorry I won't be watching the episode, I bet it'll be one of the best.
Stupid idiot faced stupid child Doctor *shakes fist*
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm

I will watch. I don't want to, but I have made myself promise to give it a chance, for sake of Gatiss, Moffat, and Gaiman. If certain a certain actor's performance is as unwatchable as the snippet I've already seen, I may not get past the first or second episode, but at least I will have given it a chance.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby ratgirl » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Well, hopefully Gatiss will give Smith a good script at any rate. Where it goes from there is up to him. Hmm... Do we know when the next series will be, anyway?

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:07 pm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a201630/horne-gatiss-sign-for-boy-george-drama.html

Mathew Horne and Mark Gatiss have signed up to star in a new BBC Two drama about Boy George.

The 90-minute one-off programme, titled Worried About the Boy, has been written by Hotel Babylon's Tony Basgallop and will be directed by Julian Jarrold, who worked on Red Riding.

The drama will follow George's rise to fame and will chronicle his life from falling in love for the first time to embracing his style and meeting his Culture Club bandmates.

Newcomer Douglas Booth will play Boy George, Gavin & Stacey star Horne has been cast as Culture Club drummer Jon Moss, and Gatiss will portray music impresario Malcolm McLaren.

Hustle's Marc Warren has also signed up to play nightclub pioneer and Visage frontman Steve Strange.

"Worried About the Boy will be an evocative and visually enticing drama about one of our most iconic British pop stars," said the BBC's Ben Stephenson.

"With its mix of music, fashion and youth, it rounds off our trio of dramas for BBC Two's '80s season perfectly."

Worried About the Boy begins filming in Manchester later this month.

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby MrsBeasley » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:30 pm

oh I can see Mark as Malcolm McLaren!
"I don't know that I share your view"
MrsBeasley
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Mark was on Radio 3's Private Passions this morning. He was picking his favourite music. It's on the iplayer now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... rk_Gatiss/
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

PreviousNext

Return to Local Gossip