Chit Chat II

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Chit Chat II

Post by Beast » Mon May 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks. I think no one will completely enjoy anyone's tweets because no one is you so they aren't going to always be interested in what you say. You always end up putting banal stuff in sometimes because whatever it is you're talking about has affected you in some way whereas to others it's just boring. (If you get what I mean. I am so eloquent!) I use Twitter as my spouse. To talk about stuff with whom I have no one to talk about like my day, tv shows as they happen etc.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!

louisgeorge
Outsider

Post by louisgeorge » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:04 pm

i'm missing my g.f :(

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Oh that sounds horrible. Is there no one else you could go to about it at work? Are you with an agency? If you informed them could they go to the top with it? If not, then good wishes for the next few weeks til you get staff back but you really need to get your accomplishments recognised I think. If her boss told her to praise you it would be a smack in the face for her and you would also get recognition. Is this job temporary?

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Good vibrations sent to ease all your work issues from Auntie Sefi. I know how it feels. It is exhausting to dela with the anxiety and poor attitudes of other people.

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Well that's not too long to hold on til but til then try your best to adopt an 'I don't care' attitude. Not to your work but to the rubbish other people try to bring on you. Easier said than done, I understand.

We've had our appraisals recently (the office staff) and our line manager said he can't believe how we just get on with it. In his last job he had someone coming to him with issues every week. I can't imagine a workplace like that but I am so glad I have what I have with my colleagues. Although he is basically getting paid to do no managing at all because we just see to ourselves. :P

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Yeah there is something about 'white rabbit' but I'm not 100% sure what it is. Think I saw Stephen Fry do it on Twitter or that could have been 'Pinch punch, first of the month'. I don't think it's a common thing to do anyway but most people will have heard of it. No idea of the origin.

serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey
Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Post by serafina pekkala » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 am

It happens but cold calling ladies you don't know is just plain rude. Nice or not. Make up a fake question at least. :D

Seriously - it has happened to me and it is pretty unsettling. You are much kinder on them than I. I am the Lady of Ignore.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:31 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:It happens but cold calling ladies you don't know is just plain rude. Nice or not. Make up a fake question at least. :D
Maybe this is where I'm going wrong?! :wink:

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Dilemma - I've been asked by my old teacher to be in a film. I've really reluctant because he is like a proper dancer who wants things perfect and I'm worried I'm not good enough and I won't be able to retain the moves and I'll let him down. I'm not sure I want the pressure. But then everything that's scared me in the past I've done it and been really glad. :? He's texted me for confirmation that I'm doing it so I'll have decided by the time anyone reads this but it's just good to get my dilemma out. I can't do it on Twitter because I know he's stalked me on there before! (By that I mean he's not a member but I found out he'd been reading some of my stuff. It's not as creepy as it sounds though.)

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Go for it Kat! You'll be brilliant! :D

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Well I said no but somehow I am now doing it! Hopefully it'll be ok. 6 hour rehearsal on Saturday!

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Beast wrote:Well I said no but somehow I am now doing it! Hopefully it'll be ok. 6 hour rehearsal on Saturday!

You'll be ace!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 am

Glad you have confidence! Bit scared for Saturday now.

Son of Tubbs returns!
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Son of Tubbs returns! » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 pm

I've seen your videos and I think you are outstanding!

Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Post by Beast » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:10 am

Now you're just being silly. One girl in it really is so I'm going to look bad next to her anyway!