The Goodies

A place for discussing all of your other humour related interests.

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Postby Stonesy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:51 pm

Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Postby SailorEarth » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:05 pm

Soz for dragging up old threads, but I'm new and I love a lot of this stuff so I just have to comment, LOL!

I grew up on The Goodies (yeah kinda weird, seeing as I was born in 1983, but meh, thank the repeats for that ;) ). Tim was always my favourite, gotta love that Union Jack waistcoat ;) I loved the others as well though. Bill reminds me of my dad, which is scary :P

There are way too many favourite episodes, but a stand out would have to be 'Saturday Night Grease' ;) Oh and the South Africa one: "Howdeh Doodeh!" that cracks me up all the time ;)

The series should get a proper DVD release though, not this 'best of' stuff. I mean it's great and everything that it at least gets a release at all, but still... Annnyways...

They did the voices in Bananaman as well, LOL! Another childhood favourite of mine ;)
SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Tweed » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:27 pm

Hey SailorEarth,

I think I'm doing the same thing, dragging up old threads!

I was lucky enough to see them live in Melbourne earlier this year and was in agony laughing at them! They arrived on stage on a trandem Zimmer-frame and ended with a rousing chorus of Funky Gibbon, with lots of anecdotes, film clips and re-enactments of I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again sketches in between.

Glad you got onto The Goodies via re-runs. There's many an Australian of a certain age that grew up on a magic combo of The Goodies, followed by Tom Baker era Dr Who every Monday to Friday.
Tweed

Postby Stonesy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:19 pm

If you can get to the HMV sale you can get the Goodies DVDs for less than a tenner. I recommend you do so.
Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Postby SailorEarth » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:59 pm

Tweed wrote:Hey SailorEarth,

I think I'm doing the same thing, dragging up old threads!

I was lucky enough to see them live in Melbourne earlier this year and was in agony laughing at them! They arrived on stage on a trandem Zimmer-frame and ended with a rousing chorus of Funky Gibbon, with lots of anecdotes, film clips and re-enactments of I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again sketches in between.

Ooh that would have been fantastic! It's a shame they couldn't go to more places, I would have loved to have seen them live...

Glad you got onto The Goodies via re-runs. There's many an Australian of a certain age that grew up on a magic combo of The Goodies, followed by Tom Baker era Dr Who every Monday to Friday.

Ooh yeah, hehe! Man that takes me back ;) It was also on Foxtel for a while. I remember the huge marathon they had one Christmas ages ago, that was brilliant.
SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Stonesy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:50 pm

I bet it was. Its not been shown on British telly since 1986 and that was Kitten Kong, which I was sick of seeing at the time.
Stonesy
Local Shop Owner!

Postby SailorEarth » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:54 pm

Heh, yeah... It needs to be shown on TV again. I mean... with some of the absolute crud that's on at the moment, it'd be quite refreshing to see repeats of The Goodies, LOL! As weird as that might sound ;)

Oh well. Thank god for my DVDs - they at least provide some relief ;)
SailorEarth
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: The Goodies

Postby miss denton » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:10 am

I went to see Tim Brooke-Taylor last night doing a talk about his carer. They showed a lot of Goodies clips. Really nice man. He talked about going to Cambridge with Cleese and Chapman.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Previous

Return to More Comedy