League 2017 Specials - HERE THERE BE SPOILERS

Post here with all your LoG related questions and comments!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

League 2017 Specials - HERE THERE BE SPOILERS

Postby Voodoo Lady » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 am

A few folks have come back here to discuss the new specials, so I thought it would be fun to have a shiny new, dedicated, spoiler-filled thread to do that in :)

My absolute favorite part, among many genius moments, was the media circus. :lol: I tried to post a picture of it here, but I'm clearly very out of practice, and couldn't get it to work. Derp. :lol:

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Re: League 2017 Specials - HERE THERE BE SPOILERS

Postby astrid » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:34 am

Hi I found a red bag floating around....just wondered if someone here had lost it?
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:08 am

OMG, I literally shouted, "It's bag music!"

Honestly, all three episodes were pretty perfect, right from the start. The callback to Ben's train journey in Series 1 was genius, especially because it took a moment for the penny to drop, and just as I was thinking, "Wait, that means Auntie Val is--" the camera panned to reveal her. I shouted, "Hooray!" and may even have applauded a little.

I loved how they handled Barbera. I thought it was decent of them to acknowledge that things have changed and that now that we know better, we must try to do better. And all that while managing to keep things light and funny.

And Bernice done up like the Queen with the hair and the perpetual handbag, etc.

I also dug how they did nods to so many fan fave characters that they just didn't have time to work into the main storyline.

And OMG, Pauline! That moment outside the "Restart" room about broke my heart.

There was so much more, of course, and so many great lines. I could be here all day!

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 am

The moment when Pauline was stood outside in the corridor was the most touching part for me. Not only was it emotional but by the power of Greyskull Mr Pemberton can act. I mean we all know that but dear Lord that man is good.

I did a little cheer when you saw the Mickey got his dream of being a fireman.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Beast » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:42 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:OMG, I literally shouted, "It's bag music!"

Honestly, all three episodes were pretty perfect, right from the start. The callback to Ben's train journey in Series 1 was genius, especially because it took a moment for the penny to drop, and just as I was thinking, "Wait, that means Auntie Val is--" the camera panned to reveal her. I shouted, "Hooray!" and may even have applauded a little.

I loved how they handled Barbera. I thought it was decent of them to acknowledge that things have changed and that now that we know better, we must try to do better. And all that while managing to keep things light and funny.

And Bernice done up like the Queen with the hair and the perpetual handbag, etc.

I also dug how they did nods to so many fan fave characters that they just didn't have time to work into the main storyline.

And OMG, Pauline! That moment outside the "Restart" room about broke my heart.

There was so much more, of course, and so many great lines. I could be here all day!

Yes to all this! So many nods which were thrilling. And yet new craziness to enjoy. Makes me feel like they could come back at any time and still be amazing which shows what geniuses (genii as I like to say) they are. And the end exchange between Benjamin and Val = heart eyed emoji that I can’t find here.

I’m gutted re Pauline though.
I've got M.E. I'm really tired!!
Beast
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:12 pm

FIREMAN!!! :lol:

I did a quick d'awww when I saw Mickey, but it was quickly snuffed out when I realized it was Pauline who'd been "Geoffed". (Can't bring myself to say it just yet.)

It's funny, but I'm good if they don't make any more. Not because I wouldn't love to see more League, but because I felt like these were such a wonderful "goodbye". I feel satisfied. If they do more, I would be thrilled, but if not, it's all good.

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Return to Local Gossip