SPOTTED

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

SPOTTED

Postby astrid » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:01 am

Thought I would start a wee thread about seeing famous people.

Walking down North Bridge in Edinburgh yesterday I saw Susan from Coupling. I would have maybe said hello and that but she was on her mobile so I thought it would be a bit rude.
So what famous people have you guys seen lately??

Oh and I just got told that one of the guys from my work met Alan Rickman at the weekend. He said he was very funny and drinking bloody mary's....I'm so jealous.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Exinferis » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:28 am

Alan Rickman! :shock: *Faints* I was only just drooling over him in Die Hard on Saturday night!

I've met loads of famous people through conventions and such, but bumped into very few. None of late!

I did stand about 6 feet away from Joe McGann about 8 years ago on a tube platform in Maida Vale. He sat about 3 seats behind my friend and I. We were tempted to go say hi, but we chickened out!

Linda Bellingham came into H. Samuel when I worked there. Her card was refused and the woman who served her took great pride in cutting it up infront of Linda! :lol: It was really funny!

The woman who plays Daisy in Keeping Up Apperences also came in when I was working there, but no exciting stories about her. I think she bought a Cherrished Teddy or some such crap!
Exinferis
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:55 am

Alan Rickman!!! I know...I got laughed at this morning when I said I thought he was sexy. Lots of strange looks and " you what? "

I think he's lovely!
God I wished I had been there.
:twisted:

The dirty things I could have said :lol:
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:04 pm

Hello there star spotters ...

Well in the festival recently i saw walking down the street or milling around the Pleasance courtyard Jerry Sadowitz, John Hegley & Jimmy Carr ... thats all this festival but a friend of mine saw Ricky Gervais and sat in the still warm seat he vacated.

I saw ralph fiennes on the royal mile a couple months ago chewing on a matchstick and he was really ordinary looking which was a disappointment but quite tall ...

On the other hand, I saw Radio 1 DJ Colin Murray at a cafe called Favorit and in real life he is REALLY VERY ATTRACTIVE. I was shocked cos he looks like a skinny dweeb on TV.

Sefi x
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby astrid » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:07 pm

excellent.
I'm going to have to mill around the Pleasance more often!!!
Although I would never have the guts to speak to anyone!! :lol:
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:13 pm

Oh there are loads of people there ... its quite a nice place to sit outside if the weather holds out.

Jimmy Carr is famous for loitering and waiting to be recognised. You will probably see him ...

I tend not to bother approaching celebs in real life even if i like them. i feel like a dork going up to someone saying "oh i'm a big fan blablahblah" - it would seem so awkward. :oops:

Sefi x
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Ne vous inquiétez pas, Madame. Nous ne sommes pas ici pour vous obtenir!

Postby astrid » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:15 pm

I'm sure you would make an exception for the league though! :wink:

Will maybe go this weekend just for a wonder round. Haven't been there in a while :D
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:27 pm

astrid wrote:I'm sure you would make an exception for the league though! :wink:

I dunno if i would ... i'd probably be doubly nervous and self-concious and afraid i'd say something really dumb :oops: :oops: And there is probably nothing worse than a fan who talks gibberish ... so i'd possibly keep my distance!

Sefi x
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:56 pm

I'd probably make a total arse of myself and end up quoting them and looking like a fool. :D
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:40 pm

I think I've posted this somewhere before, but my policy when it comes to celebrities is "leave 'em alone." Unless I have business with them (ringing up purchases at the comic book shop) or they approach me first (Simon Pegg stopping me and asking about my t-shirt), I generally let them be. I know if I were recognizable, I’d want to be able to shop or see a movie or spend a day at a theme park without being mobbed.

That being said, I have broken my own rule on a scant few occasions, and nearly every time ended up sounding like a complete idiot. :lol:
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby Tubbs get undressed » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:57 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:On the other hand, I saw Radio 1 DJ Colin Murray at a cafe called Favorit and in real life he is REALLY VERY ATTRACTIVE. I was shocked cos he looks like a skinny dweeb on TV.

Wow!!! I love Colin Murray. His accent is so mmmmmmmmm.

I saw Richard and Judy in Disney Land Paris a few years ago. That is it really.

I would leave celebs alone if i met one. Unless i was a big fan. :D
Is that why i have to wash my face with a potato?

Kind of like a .. David .. Brown.

Tubbs get undressed
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: Holding Ross hostage at the Job Centre.. ah sellotape has so many uses

Postby Cheeky Chezzy Woo » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:06 pm

i remeber me and my dad went to london together and we saw timothy dalton (on of the James Bonds) sat on a bench along the south bank reading a script. we spotted him and just stood quite far from him! my dad couldn't believe it
You're the Christmas, promising the summer
Cheeky Chezzy Woo
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby serafina pekkala » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:35 pm

Voodoo Lady wrote:I think I've posted this somewhere before, but my policy when it comes to celebrities is "leave 'em alone." Unless I have business with them (ringing up purchases at the comic book shop) or they approach me first (Simon Pegg stopping me and asking about my t-shirt), I generally let them be. I know if I were recognizable, I’d want to be able to shop or see a movie or spend a day at a theme park without being mobbed.

That being said, I have broken my own rule on a scant few occasions, and nearly every time ended up sounding like a complete idiot. :lol:

i agree totally VL - but what T-shirt was it you were wearing? You have probably said before but i am intrigued!!! ...

Sefi x
serafina pekkala
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby mama lazarou » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:14 pm

well I met feeder at a record signing and got a kiss from grant :lol: and I met my ruin at a gig, unfortunately I didnt met tairrie but I was at the very front and got to hold her hand, sing with her etc.

steph x
mama lazarou
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:10 pm

serafina pekkala wrote:I agree totally VL - but what T-shirt was it you were wearing? You have probably said before but i am intrigued!!! ...

Sefi x

It's the Spaced one I made for Comic-Con with the drawing of Daisy on the front.

http://www.lofg.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Next

Return to General Chat