Who died and made you King of the F**king Zombies?

Heaven forbid, you're bored of chatting about the LoG!! Well it's ok, there's something for you here!

Moderators: Papa's new wife, MrsBeasley, Voodoo Lady, Tracy

Who died and made you King of the F**king Zombies?

Postby astrid » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:28 pm

The Walking Dead has newly appeared on the telly box, who is watching?

Loved the opening episode...
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Re: Who died and made you King of the F**king Zombies?

Postby ratgirl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Ha, I need to catch up with this post Zombie Day! Rather OT, but did you see the pictures of the suspension zombies? They're amazing.

I'm about 2 series behind on Walking Dead. I got fed up with the characters, but am waiting to borrow the DVDs...
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:55 am

Yikes! Cringing on repeat over here. To each their own and totally no judgment, but I'm not enough into pain, myself, to be into that. Part of me is super fascinated, though, I'll admit. Just...=cringe=

I'm watching Walking Dead! That was a great episode, totally full of genuine, "Oh shit!" moments. It's possibly a little unsettling how used to violence I've gotten with this show, though. I find I am rarely horrified anymore. I sort of just shrug and go, "Well, that's the world they live in."
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Location: The Hogwarts Kitchen, helping Hermione make S.P.E.W badges

Postby ratgirl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:33 am

They said it doesn't hurt. You have to be quite careful, though - they had a few problems with tourists trying to come along and pull on the ropes, which was potentially very dangerous.

I told Gail I'd refuse to watch it after season 2 unless she'd tell me if any of the characters I really hate die! I seem to remember they probably do, so maybe I'll get back into it for that. A bit like the way me and Stewart cheer at the end of the Trinity series of Dexter! :mrgreen:
"I've been in love with the morbid, ebony-black grotesqueness of the 19th century since I was knee-high to a funeral mute."

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 pm

Oh yes, there are definitely some "thank f*ck (s)he's gone" moments. :lol:
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:25 am

I saw the series 5 opener tonight and was doing the :shock: face all the way through.
I was SO on edge, especially at the beginning, I was so sure that Glenn at least was going to die, glad they didn't though.
Carol is my hero. She is so so kickass, I love her. And when Daryl saw her and they hugged I did have a little cry. (I was still a bit sniffly from a very sentimental Parks and Recs episode earlier)

Gutted I missed Zombie Day this year. It felt wrong to be at home when I knew my zombie brothers and sisters were shuffling about without me.
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Yes to all the above Kate, I proper cried at the bit. And I have huge love for that character also. Leg-end!
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby ratgirl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Papa's new wife wrote:Gutted I missed Zombie Day this year. It felt wrong to be at home when I knew my zombie brothers and sisters were shuffling about without me.

We missed you!! You would have loved Pyramid Head. He was so cool! Although complained a few times that the horde was moving too fast for him... :D

ratgirl
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:20 pm

I saw a picture of him, he was AMAZING!
"You got me confused with the other Angel. You know, the one in the dirty trenchcoat. The one who's in love with you"

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:09 pm

So does anyone believe mullet man will have any part of a cure. Also is anyone reading the graphic novels...are they still going or is there an actual 'end'.

Got to admit the last episode and its 'nom' factor totally turned my stomach for the first time ever.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Papa's new wife » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:15 pm

I don't for one second believe he has a cure, but as to what he's up to, I haven't got a clue.

I read the comics up until Michonne attacked The Governor. In the comics she cuts off an arm and his genitals.
I hated the comics, the way they write the women is so sexist, made me sad to read them. Michonne and Carol are two of my favourites on the show but in the book Michonne is teh evols slut and Carol is teh lunatic who kills herself because she is in love with Rick and Lori but they reject her. Utter utter crap.

Every episode so far has left me shocked at the gore. The first episode with the face eating and oh God when they revealed Bob and what they'd done. I bloody love it! :twisted:

Papa's new wife
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby astrid » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:30 pm

I don't normally mind it but something in the whole Bob set up made me sick to my stomach. Normally I'm all like...oh how'd they make that etc...but this week, umm boak.

Yip, no cure but don't get the agenda. The comics sound awful, they are both my favs, and Daryl. I 'need' them to make it no matter what. I please let the baby survive, please.
ImageImage
astrid
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby Voodoo Lady » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:30 am

I don't think even the mighty Walking Dead could get away with killing a baby. The kids who have died so far have all done something to put themselves in harms way or to justify killing them. Innocent babies would probably cause a riot.

I figured Bob was dead when he and Sasha kissed. The end was shocking, but not entirely a surprise. I thought they'd gotten rid of those folks far too easily. Word of warning: eat your dinner *before* watching this next one. ;) I have a new favorite quote, though. Tainted meat!
"It's an ear hat, John!"

Voodoo Lady
Mayor of Royston Vasey

Postby miss denton » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:00 pm

I'm off to Walker Stalker Con in a few weeks. Can't wait. The new series starts soon.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Postby miss denton » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:45 am

Not as great as some cons I have been too. I had done everything by 1pm and had to wait 5 hours until my photoshoot. Nice zombie cupcakes. You couldn't hear the panels unless you were right at the front. Norman Reedus kept appearing on the balcony, waving and spraying foam at us. Norman was very nice when I met him.
miss denton
Local Shop Owner!

Return to General Chat